NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE SIX! Part One!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Our defunct franchise is going to be the Pittsburgh Crawfords. Please excuse the location, Cap. The team was just too perfect to ignore.

rsz_1-crawfords18-1-960x651.jpg

I knew 100% you were going Negro League, which is one of the huge reasons I was so excited about the category. It's obviously a ridiculous choice within that league, but any attention it gets, and any opportunity I get to read about it, makes it worthwhile. Really terrible choice, but great thinking, almost.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
@JojoTheWhale I was really happy to see you reference the '75 Reds as one of the greatest teams ever. So much has changed with accounting statistics in baseball that it's good to see at least I didn't hallucinate that. They were insanely stacked.

Given his prominent broadcasting position and how often he liked to rant against statistics, it's always been funny to me that Joe Morgan is one of the best examples of players newer metrics say weren't appreciated enough in their day. Just a titan of a player.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Grammar and punctuation question:

Is this proper?

"Hi Thatcher Venmo,
My name is Thatcher Venmo also!"

Is their a comma after the second Venmo before also?

The thing with commas is that they are far more flexible than semicolons and the like. If a comma makes the meaning clearer, use one - if you aren't sure, it probably means you should rewrite the sentence.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
@JojoTheWhale I was really happy to see you reference the '75 Reds as one of the greatest teams ever. So much has changed with accounting statistics in baseball that it's good to see at least I didn't hallucinate that. They were insanely stacked.
That Reds team was as good a team as I ever saw, especially the everyday lineup. Rose, Morgan, Bench, Perez, Foster & Griffey was the modern day murderers row

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Given his prominent broadcasting position and how often he liked to rant against statistics, it's always been funny to me that Joe Morgan is one of the best examples of players newer metrics say weren't appreciated enough in their day. Just a titan of a player.
If Morgan doesn’t get red hot in September and Perez doesn’t turn back time in April, the 83 Phils don’t win squat.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
That Reds team was as good a team as I ever saw, especially the everyday lineup. Rose, Morgan, Bench, Perez, Foster & Griffey was the modern day murderers row

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
The thing with commas is that they are far more flexible than semicolons and the like. If a comma makes the meaning clearer, use one - if you aren't sure, it probably means you should rewrite the sentence.

Agreed. Most style guides minimize punctuation, to which I, for one, object, by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad