NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE SEVEN! Part Two!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Hopefully @Striiker hasn't gone to bed yet.

182156858_1842453169244159_5570918601445552858_n.jpg

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
The Honolulu Ghibli select as their Team Chain Restaurant......Roy's.

bba2f210bca6e130e9bdf687a16863ba_1518341641.jpg

Here in the Ghibli front office, we don't feel particularly associated with any one chain. We don't really eat fast food; we don't have our dine-in destination. So, in the interest of team fit, we choose Roy's of Hawaii -- a high-end chain with 20-odd spots on the islands and the mainland. Their founder, Roy Yamaguchi, is a James Beard winner and his restaurants are geared towards a Japanese and Hawaiian fusion. Now, if that's not appropriate for the Honolulu Ghibli, what is? Have I eaten there? I have not. I've never even been to Hawaii. But the Quackverse is about risks!

roys-ribs-butterfish-shortrib-header_2000px.png

@Lord Defect -- I'm scared
There used to be one in Center City. It was honestly just ok and is now defunct. Make of that information what you will.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Welcome to the fourth-last gameday of the Earth Prime season, Dong Platoon.

0LOIF3g.png

We start the day with Kid Rocksforbrains, but I have his pick and I'll post it in a minute, then it's @JojoTheWhale, then @Young Sandwich, then @Hollywood Couturier, then @mja, then @GKJ.

I have the categories and the draft order ready for PHASE 8! and I'll launch it after this one is done, probably later today. We are picking our fourth line and fourth pair of Current Players, so that means:

LW
C
RW
D
D

No more goalies, thank goodness. For now. Make sure you give your list a look on the spreadsheet and see if I am still missing anything. I am going to go perform my morning ablutions, but I left the shop open in case you have an acrylic block emergency.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Welcome to the fourth-last gameday of the Earth Prime season, Dong Platoon.

0LOIF3g.png

We start the day with Kid Rocksforbrains, but I have his pick and I'll post it in a minute, then it's @JojoTheWhale, then @Young Sandwich, then @Hollywood Couturier, then @mja, then @GKJ.

I have the categories and the draft order ready for PHASE 8! and I'll launch it after this one is done, probably later today. We are picking our fourth line and fourth pair of Current Players, so that means:

LW
C
RW
D
D

No more goalies, thank goodness. For now. Make sure you give your list a look on the spreadsheet and see if I am still missing anything. I am going to go perform my morning ablutions, but I left the shop open in case you have an acrylic block emergency.
JFC, I have to find 5 more imbeciles?

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
If you have an in-house clothier, you need someone who can deliver the classics flawlessly while keeping them updated to modern tastes. I thought about going with something more utilitarian, but we’ve got plenty of room on our Worldship for dry cleaners. Plus we’re in New York, so there’s an expectation of name recognition. Therefore it has to be Brioni.

2-5.jpg

@Young Sandwich Please select your next fish.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Please excuse my tardiness. I was completely shook when @JojoTheWhale used his clothing company as a front to post a picture of a guy who is almost definitely a cannibal. Weird flex, but ok.

The Sexpos will be going in a different direction with their Team Apparel Provider. Some of you may know this company through all the collegeboys and ditsy girls you might see sporting the logo as they completely douche it up around town. Though it goes to show you just how far this company's reach really goes, the true OG's know they are much more than that. They make high quality, durable goods for any outdoor occasion. They care about how their processes effect the environment and consistently give back to earth preservation and restoration charities. Their mission statement says it all: "we are in business to save our home planet." As an avid outdoorsman (shocking, I know), and one who has first hand experience with this brand's truly intended uses, it will be a pleasure to get all this stuff for free now. They have a giant line specifically made for fly fishing, so it's a match made in heaven.

hP8Y1NzopHa2XYAID8nZA_2EyeIO9MWOZV2mZxk9_m6c-OVUkE3KYkBPH8EelssLStQbFYg2G_0V2yZuqIlhT1eieSJTWyQwQa8u4-1v1CBpcvI_6QN-kzziokcCtwuDRVKamBTeIO6BLSHCEVh7Ou5momPwMAo

Team Apparel Provider - Patagonia

Get after it, @Hollywood Couturier

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Please excuse my tardiness. I was completely shook when @JojoTheWhale used his clothing company as a front to post a picture of a guy who is almost definitely a cannibal. Weird flex, but ok.

The Sexpos will be going in a different direction with their Team Apparel Provider. Some of you may know this company through all the collegeboys and ditsy girls you might see sporting the logo as they completely douche it up around town. Though it goes to show you just how far this company's reach really goes, the true OG's know they are much more than that. They make high quality, durable goods for any outdoor occasion. They care about how their processes effect the environment and consistently give back to earth preservation and restoration charities. Their mission statement says it all: "we are in business to save our home planet." As an avid outdoorsman (shocking, I know), and one who has first hand experience with this brand's truly intended uses, it will be a pleasure to get all this stuff for free now. They have a giant line specifically made for fly fishing, so it's a match made in heaven.

hP8Y1NzopHa2XYAID8nZA_2EyeIO9MWOZV2mZxk9_m6c-OVUkE3KYkBPH8EelssLStQbFYg2G_0V2yZuqIlhT1eieSJTWyQwQa8u4-1v1CBpcvI_6QN-kzziokcCtwuDRVKamBTeIO6BLSHCEVh7Ou5momPwMAo

1) We don't kink shame here and 2) he definitely did it on purpose. Jojo was the real huge perv here all along!

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Well the Las Vegas Desert Ducks come to their final pick of Phase Seven and realize that there are plenty of better Urban Myth's out there but we had to stay true to our roots in case these urban myth's actually do become reality in the Mega/Quackverse...

With that said the Las Vegas Desert Ducks are proud to select as our Team Urban Myth... Walt Disney's Body Being Cryogenically Frozen. We look forward to this becoming a reality and will welcome Walt back to the forefront of his company and kick Bob Cheapek (amirite, @Cody Webster) to the curb.

Sco Ducks.
Sco Walt.

@mja you're up.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Team Apparel

We here at NJFZ headquarters struggled with this category to an unreasonable extent. That’s because Head of Non-Hockey Ops mja is a cheap bastard who buys most of his staid wardrobe at [Ranch] at 40% discounts, or else is dressed by his wife like some kind of aging Ken Doll. Other things we wear, like New Balance & Under Armour, were taken off of the board already. For a moment, we thought about going super high end and selecting something like [Ranch], but that’s really just not who we are. Instead, we’re going to go with a disastrously notalgia-inspired acid-washed choice, one that has surprisingly made a bit of an unironic comeback among Gen Z in recent years.

That’s right, the NJFZ Official Apparel provider is Z. Cavaricci.

KdNMmKuKs2mxMrgVl1QxY8S9Vd7rqOcdYb8wQahiEVe9A2qE1WZHIvIC0Anv1HA56Ml2klXJ9B3UZGXigT3JU1PbEsKzr6LLXwx5lTKu32UhjMlzmn9qhdVoTr35nHNoIGYfGTIX

Yes, we’re going back to the bountiful pleats, inexplicable straps, strange flaps, and superfluous buttons of mja’s early teen years. In high school we had to dress formally, and for a time my outfit consisted of Z. Cavs with matching jacket & polyester skinny ties.

I don’t know if this is a good idea, but I do know that we will look like no other club out there, and as far as team owner Sami Kapanen is concerned, if it was good enough for AC Slater, it’s good enough for the Flying Zeppelins.

FsvJaGrY5V03Aq4Ezz32MF8-w0sVQUPlGNcY2EXXpr0R7gd27ap4CqQ3b7BbKMmN2NE-UWZqSbBjRurUbZpkY3TLtFKPAUyGepxa0tbWrHB8x7Zw4gqAhl5nDb7o5sttptatueV7

We can’t wait to see what they do for our track / flight suits.

@GKJ, it is time

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
1) We don't kink shame here and 2) he definitely did it on purpose. Jojo was the real huge perv here all along!
No shaming intended, just a very revealing post by my man Jojo that made me question everything. You think you know a guy and then he just drops a bomb on you like that and changes the entire fabric of your reality. Just need some time to adjust, that's all.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

Wait, what? Who's a cannibal?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad