NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE SEVEN! Part Two!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Sometimes you just need a good, solid burger right? It's something that is currently missing from our insanely stocked cupboard of incredible picks, so we're going to remedy that right now.

This place is the king of fast casual burgers in my experienced opinion. Super fresh, high quality ingredients that are made to order and cooked in an old school style that is damn hard to beat. They also have the greatest krinkle cut fries I've ever placed in my mouth. I always hated krinkle cuts since they were consistently so soggy and limp. These are always crispy and their cheese sauce is a perfect accompaniment. Their recent foray into the chicken game has been a welcomed change of pace as well. If you can't get down with this pick you need to get your taste buds checked, because they're seriously f***ed right now.

EzgYMTfXIAAmBTT

Team Chain Restaurant - Shake Shack

Hey @JojoTheWhale:
giphy.webp

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Sometimes you just need a good, solid burger right? It's something that is currently missing from our insanely stocked cupboard of incredible picks, so we're going to remedy that right now.

This place is the king of fast casual burgers in my experienced opinion. Super fresh, high quality ingredients that are made to order and cooked in an old school style that is damn hard to beat. They also have the greatest krinkle cut fries I've ever placed in my mouth. I always hated krinkle cuts since they were consistently so soggy and limp. These are always crispy and their cheese sauce is a perfect accompaniment. Their recent foray into the chicken game has been a welcomed change of pace as well. If you can't get down with this pick you need to get your taste buds checked, because they're seriously f***ed right now.

EzgYMTfXIAAmBTT

Hey @JojoTheWhale:
giphy.webp
Oh baby, that’s where it’s at

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The stache lives another week. Today I had 3 more games and put up a backhand wraparound goal (kinda sick not gonna lie) and 4 apples. This league is outside, was way hotter than I anticipated for the last 2 games.

Game one 1a, not special
Game two 1g and 2a - primaries on the game tying goal and game winning goal (scored by the same guy!)
Game three 1a - primary on the game winner

Also potted one in my mid week indoor league a few days ago. We hot bois
If you had to compare your style to a current Flyer who would you be?

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
If you had to compare your style to a current Flyer who would you be?
Woah, that's great question

Farabee. Neverending motor, does it all well but not the best on the team at anything. Kind of player who dives to break up a play, stuff in a rebound, etc

Flyer notwithstanding I play cerebral hockey- know how to cycle and cover for a defender carrying, etc. Rarely get caught. Tenacious backchecker and board battler. A great passer with great lane vision. Shot is good not great. More accurate than hard. Skating is good-great not great-excellent, so let's call it a B+ (the weakness there is stopping on wheels....ice probs) but I play the body well with good angles so I still am a tough walk for quicker/faster guys. I'm not very skilled. I rarely have the one on one advantage on offense, but that doesn't mean I don't quickly change the angle and release a good shot. That happens 8/10 times if I find myself 1 on 1.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly

EzgYMTfXIAAmBTT

Hey @JojoTheWhale:
giphy.webp

Was on my short list.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL

Farabee. Neverending motor, does it all well but not the best on the team at anything. Kind of player who dives to break up a play, stuff in a rebound, etc

Flyer notwithstanding I play cerebral hockey- know how to cycle and cover for a defender carrying, etc. Rarely get caught. Tenacious backchecker and board battler. A great passer with great lane vision. Shot is good not great. More accurate than hard. Skating is good-great not great-excellent, so let's call it a B+ (the weakness there is stopping on wheels....ice probs) but I play the body well with good angles so I still am a tough walk for quicker/faster guys. I'm not very skilled. I rarely have the one on one advantage on offense, but that doesn't mean I don't quickly change the angle and release a good shot. That happens 8/10 times if I find myself 1 on 1.
bUt dO yoU maKE bIg hITz?

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

Who do I remind you of?

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
For our Team Apparel provider, the PORTLAND FOG are throwing it back to the early 90's when loud was in with CHALK-LINE.

Nowadays, original jackets, like the ones below, sell for hundreds on ebay.

View attachment 428814

View attachment 428812

They are still in business and while they dont have the licensing to do sports apparel at the moment, they are making some wild stuff based on movies, video games, and cartoons. I wont post the pictures because that would be pick-tipping and I dont want Cap to cut me.

Chalk Line Apparel - Officially licensed Chalk Line Jackets & Apparel

@CanadianFlyer88
Yo...,Krang Retro Nickelodeon Satin Jacket

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
The stache lives another week. Today I had 3 more games and put up a backhand wraparound goal (kinda sick not gonna lie) and 4 apples. This league is outside, was way hotter than I anticipated for the last 2 games.

Game one 1a, not special
Game two 1g and 2a - primaries on the game tying goal and game winning goal (scored by the same guy!)
Game three 1a - primary on the game winner

Also potted one in my mid week indoor league a few days ago. We hot bois
Pic of the stache

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I’ve been power washing all day and it hurts to breathe, so this one will be quick. I’ve largely been taking BPA, but now it’s time to fill out my 4th line with some underappreciated players by my personal eye test. We’ll start with one that tragically passed away in the Lokomotiv Yaroslavl plane crash.

LW/C/RW Pavol Demitra

You might not guess it but he finished top 10 in Scoring more times than contemporaries like Fedorov, Sundin, Hossa, Tkachuk, Lecavalier, RANCH, RANCH, and RANCH. He even lead the best-on-best 2010 Olympics in Scoring at 34 years old.

He played all 3 Forward positions, but we’ll start him at LW. Unless I’m wrong and that’s not what I need. Then put him wherever that is.

@Lord Defect Do the thing.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

I'm sold.

When I become GM, you're getting a tryout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad