NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE FIFTEEN! Part One!

Should Captain Dave Poulin delete the final season of "The Walking Dead" from his DVR without watchi

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
When you think of a carnival ride, you're probably thinking of three distinct features:

1) It has to have a name that sounds like two nerds combined the nicknames their bullies gave them in high school, like "shit for brains" and "dweeb".

2) It has to be a ride you power yourself because who goes to an amusement park to simply sit back and enjoy the ride when you can get exercise along with your fun?

3) It is a ride that you know deep down in your bones will one day become a common, viable option for public transportation.

This is why the Seattle Sockeyes are thrilled to select The Shweeb as our carnival ride. Clearly the greatest name ever bestowed on a ride, this eco-friendly form of amusement is currently only found at an adventure park in New Zealand. However, its founder is certain that it will one day be in all major cities as a commuting option.

Revel in the glory of the Shweeb:

I am sure @Hollywood Couturier has already invested in this "human powered monorail".

@Magua, you're up, Shweeb.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
When you think of a carnival ride, you're probably thinking of three distinct features:

1) It has to have a name that sounds like two nerds combined the nicknames their bullies gave them in high school, like "shit for brains" and "dweeb".

2) It has to be a ride you power yourself because who goes to an amusement park to simply sit back and enjoy the ride when you can get exercise along with your fun?

3) It is a ride that you know deep down in your bones will one day become a common, viable option for public transportation.

This is why the Seattle Sockeyes are thrilled to select The Shweeb as our carnival ride. Clearly the greatest name ever bestowed on a ride, this eco-friendly form of amusement is currently only found at an adventure park in New Zealand. However, its founder is certain that it will one day be in all major cities as a commuting option.

I am sure @Hollywood Couturier has already invested in this "human powered monorail".

We have a new top pick in the draft. I've been telling you all to invest in Monorails and here we have @CanadianFlyer88 doing exactly that. #Levels

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Make up pick:

The Songhai Empire had been a force in western Africa for over a century, and was still large and powerful in 1591. Morocco was suffering due to conflict with the Portugese. Though illegal to invade another Islamic country, Moroccan forces marched south on the larger, stronger Songhai empire to try to capture gold mines they erroneously believed to be present. They met at Tondibi in Mali.

The Moroccans numbered a paltry 1,500 light cavalry and 3,000 infantry, although 2,500 of the infantry carried arquebuses, a technology the Songhai army lacked. To make up for this, they fielded 9,700 infantry and 12,500 cavalry.

And 1,000 cows.

In order to protect their infantry advance from the Moroccan firearms, the Songhai stampeded the cows towards the Moroccan lines. This was a grave error. As why would cows continue to run towards gunfire?

As the cows were almost immediately routed, they charged back into the Songhai lines, with the infantry continuing to advance. The result of the sudden betrayal by their bovine allies coupled with fire from the Moroccans resulted in the decimation of the Songhai infantry. Moroccan cavalry were able to hold back the Songhai cavalry charge long enough for the arquebus and canon to be brought to bear, and the Songhai military was soundly defeated. The Moroccans would subsequently plunder the cities of the empire, which collapsed due to this stunning defeat.

The moral of the story: Never trust cows.

Team Non-WWII Battle: Battle of Tondibi, 1591

We finally know the empire wherein @Lord Defect would be considered a lord - clearly comes from a long line of Songhai.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017

The Kiwis are the masters of weird rides.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
There are so many battles across history. How does one choose? I cant. So, let's loophole into pseudo-history.

The Honolulu Ghibli pay our respects to our Team Battle Site: the Battle of Camlann

Battle_Between_King_Arthur_and_Sir_Mordred_-_William_Hatherell.jpg

Many a spear was thrust and splintered,
Many a stern word spoken;
Many a sword was hacked and bent,
Many a helmet broken;
Noble companies clashed together,
Battering helmets bright.
A hundred thousand fell to the ground;
The boldest were quelled ere night.

Since Brutus voyaged out of Troy
And Britain for kingdom won,
No war so wonderfully fierce
Was fought beneath the sun.
By evening not a knight was left
Could stir his blood and bone
But Arthur and two fellow-knights
And Mordred, left alone.

—Le Morte d'Arthur

Camlann, the final battle in the Arthurian legend (c. 500s). When King Arthur was felled -- but not before taking his evil, incestuous son (some retellings say nephew), Mordred, with him. The staging of the battle was Mordred taking part in revealing Guinevere and Lancelot's steamy trysting. Arthur traveled to France to fight the fleeing Lancelot and his army. Meanwhile, Mordred seized control of Camelot, lying about Arthur's death abroad and planning to marry his queen. And so, King Arthur returned to defeat Mordred's army, and then Mordred himself in a duel, running him through with a spear. Mortally wounded, Arthur was transported to the mystical island of Avalon.

@Lord Defect -- your pick, my liege

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
There are so many battles across history. How does one choose? I cant. So, let's loophole into pseudo-history.

The Honolulu Ghibli pay our respects to our Team Battle Site: the Battle of Camlann

Battle_Between_King_Arthur_and_Sir_Mordred_-_William_Hatherell.jpg

Many a spear was thrust and splintered,
Many a stern word spoken;
Many a sword was hacked and bent,
Many a helmet broken;
Noble companies clashed together,
Battering helmets bright.
A hundred thousand fell to the ground;
The boldest were quelled ere night.

Since Brutus voyaged out of Troy
And Britain for kingdom won,
No war so wonderfully fierce
Was fought beneath the sun.
By evening not a knight was left
Could stir his blood and bone
But Arthur and two fellow-knights
And Mordred, left alone.

—Le Morte d'Arthur

Camlann, the final battle in the Arthurian legend (c. 500s). When King Arthur was felled -- but not before taking his evil, incestuous son (some retellings say nephew), Mordred, with him. The staging of the battle was Mordred taking part in revealing Guinevere and Lancelot's steamy trysting. Arthur traveled to France to fight the fleeing Lancelot and his army. Meanwhile, Mordred seized control of Camelot, lying about Arthur's death abroad and planning to marry his queen. And so, King Arthur returned to defeat Mordred's army, and then Mordred himself in a duel, running him through with a spear. Mortally wounded, Arthur was transported to the mystical island of Avalon.

@Lord Defect -- your pick, my liege
Man that dude in the black is a low fi Darth Vader, and you can’t tell me otherwise.
I think I have one or maybe two picks yet but I’m not sure which. Next post will have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad