NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE EIGHT! Part One!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
i'm just going to go the lazy route then...

chicken-little.jpg
Reported

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Celebrity Chicken?

There’s only one chicken that fits the bill for the NJFZ: Mike the Headless Chicken.

ekhlAv46s63DijHOJ6MsfxSxqjqfSZaK9_1uPARyDwbB5OhtPweVdH4yQRyYq37oASvVkmbE2zsE7cH01aojeCmXdKkAEVDOUpHja1p8gWlzWpDgL5Gzbnv_-WOiaeq7T8_KAaum

This chicken is such a badass that he survived his own beheading, living for another 18 months. Being able to bounce back from that kind of catastrophe is exactly what Team Owner Sami Kapanen is looking for from every member of our organization, all the way down to celebrity chicken. As for the lookalike component of this pick, we humbly submit that he looks exactly like Mike the Headless Chicken, the most famous single chicken in all of history. If that is playing too fast and loose with the rules in a dimension where mayonnaise is an instrument and catfish a cat breed, then we’ll go ahead with Louis XVI.

R8gPmsrqSts7G101DbWhqan7Ow0-D5Qq9Gf75yeEm-YtxfV5u52fwdc8aug7E107f2AAPcYImh4yh_oO8OLh-13Ksu3xrr_eVP2q9rEGYOcVHHBhNGN5v2qfwUU2oJ-5p3-i-itt

@Striiker

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Right, so now that I've read the list, I know I still need two hockey players. As with the other Defenseman we drafted for our 4th pair, we'll be taking a moonshot here. He's small and there's some risk, but the skills and Primary Point production are exactly the profile I want to bet on long-term.

cut.jpg

D Lukas Cormier

@FlyTimmo Let's see if someone else can figure out a different way to draft The Rock.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Right, so now that I've read the list I know I still need two hockey players. As with the other Defenseman we drafted for our 4th pair, we'll be taking a moonshot here. He's small and there's some risk, but the skills and Primary Point production are exactly the profile I want to bet on long-term.

cut.jpg

D Lukas Cormier

@FlyTimmo Let's see if someone else can figure out a different way to draft The Rock.
I could literally do it with my next pick, if you'd like.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Celebrity Chicken?

There’s only one chicken that fits the bill for the NJFZ: Mike the Headless Chicken.

ekhlAv46s63DijHOJ6MsfxSxqjqfSZaK9_1uPARyDwbB5OhtPweVdH4yQRyYq37oASvVkmbE2zsE7cH01aojeCmXdKkAEVDOUpHja1p8gWlzWpDgL5Gzbnv_-WOiaeq7T8_KAaum

This chicken is such a badass that he survived his own beheading, living for another 18 months. Being able to bounce back from that kind of catastrophe is exactly what Team Owner Sami Kapanen is looking for from every member of our organization, all the way down to celebrity chicken. As for the lookalike component of this pick, we humbly submit that he looks exactly like Mike the Headless Chicken, the most famous single chicken in all of history. If that is playing too fast and loose with the rules in a dimension where mayonnaise is an instrument and catfish a cat breed, then we’ll go ahead with Louis XVI.

R8gPmsrqSts7G101DbWhqan7Ow0-D5Qq9Gf75yeEm-YtxfV5u52fwdc8aug7E107f2AAPcYImh4yh_oO8OLh-13Ksu3xrr_eVP2q9rEGYOcVHHBhNGN5v2qfwUU2oJ-5p3-i-itt

@Striiker

You can't draft a headless chicken. Robert Hagg was already taken by @FlyTimmo. No duplicates.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
The Las Vegas Desert Ducks will select Nikita Zadorov to round out our players. We will then select... "The Book of Love" by Peter Gabriel as our standalone book. Finally we will select as our Celebrity/Chicken Look alike... Jesus Christ.

d4d5c7ec-5bf9-458f-9fc3-985c9e204846_1140x641.jpg

No repicks.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Right, so now that I've read the list, I know I still need two hockey players. As with the other Defenseman we drafted for our 4th pair, we'll be taking a moonshot here. He's small and there's some risk, but the skills and Primary Point production are exactly the profile I want to bet on long-term.

cut.jpg

D Lukas Cormier

No duplicates.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
This is one of my heroes.

Team Historical Figure - Violette Szabo

"Violette Szabo (1921-1945) worked for 'F' Section in Special Operations Executive (SOE) during the Second World War. During a mission in France she was captured and imprisoned by the Nazis. She was executed in Ravensbrück concentration camp and posthumously awarded the George Cross, the highest honour given to civilians.

"Violette initially joined the Women’s Land Army when war broke out and then the Auxiliary Territorial Services (ATS) in 1941.

"In July 1940, she had met Etienne Szabo, an officer in the French Foreign Legion. They were married after just five weeks and Violette gave birth to their daughter Tania on 8 June 1942. Four months later Etienne was killed in action in North Africa.

"Shortly after Etienne’s death, Violette was recruited to ‘F’ Section in SOE, whose agents went to occupied France to work against German forces.

"On her first mission to France in April 1944, she acted as courier to Philippe Liewer, whose resistance network in the Rouen area of France had been uncovered by the Gestapo. Violette’s job was to try to and re-establish contact with members of the network and gather vital intelligence.

"Her second mission began on 7 June 1944, the day after D-Day. She, Liewer and another agent parachuted into south-west France, near Limoges, to set up a new network with local resistance groups.

"Three days later Violette was on a courier trip with a resistance leader known as ‘Anastasie’ when they encountered German forces. Their car was stopped at a road block and a gun battle took place. Violette was captured but helped ensure that Anastasie was able to escape.

"After capture, Violette was brutally interrogated in Fresnes prison in Paris before being deported by train to Germany. During the journey the train was attacked by British aircraft and Violette and another female prisoner took the opportunity - at great personal risk - to take water to the male prisoners.

"Violette was executed at Ravensbrück concentration camp in early 1945."

The film "Carve Her Name with Pride" was made to celebrate her bravery.

On the left is a photo of Violette. On the right is a photo of Violette's daughter, Tania, receiving the George Cross for Bravery on January 28, 1947 on her late mother's behalf.

Y1CzW8D.jpg

@Lord Defect

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
This is one of my heroes.

Team Historical Figure - Violette Szabo

"Violette Szabo (1921-1945) worked for 'F' Section in Special Operations Executive (SOE) during the Second World War. During a mission in France she was captured and imprisoned by the Nazis. She was executed in Ravensbrück concentration camp and posthumously awarded the George Cross, the highest honour given to civilians.

"Violette initially joined the Women’s Land Army when war broke out and then the Auxiliary Territorial Services (ATS) in 1941.

"In July 1940, she had met Etienne Szabo, an officer in the French Foreign Legion. They were married after just five weeks and Violette gave birth to their daughter Tania on 8 June 1942. Four months later Etienne was killed in action in North Africa.

"Shortly after Etienne’s death, Violette was recruited to ‘F’ Section in SOE, whose agents went to occupied France to work against German forces.

"On her first mission to France in April 1944, she acted as courier to Philippe Liewer, whose resistance network in the Rouen area of France had been uncovered by the Gestapo. Violette’s job was to try to and re-establish contact with members of the network and gather vital intelligence.

"Her second mission began on 7 June 1944, the day after D-Day. She, Liewer and another agent parachuted into south-west France, near Limoges, to set up a new network with local resistance groups.

"Three days later Violette was on a courier trip with a resistance leader known as ‘Anastasie’ when they encountered German forces. Their car was stopped at a road block and a gun battle took place. Violette was captured but helped ensure that Anastasie was able to escape.

"After capture, Violette was brutally interrogated in Fresnes prison in Paris before being deported by train to Germany. During the journey the train was attacked by British aircraft and Violette and another female prisoner took the opportunity - at great personal risk - to take water to the male prisoners.

"Violette was executed at Ravensbrück concentration camp in early 1945."

On the left is a photo of Violette. On the right is a photo of Violette's daughter, Tania, receiving the George Cross for Bravery on January 28, 1947 on her late mother's behalf.

Y1CzW8D.jpg

@Lord Defect
Under what circumstances did you learn about her? Incredible story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad