NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE EIGHT! Part One!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
For our book, to honor our ties with Hollywood, we will be selecting one of the best books of all time, which was also turned into one of the best movies of all time.

to-kill-a-mockingbird.jpg

Team Standalone Book: To Kill a Mockingbird

atticus_and_tom_robinson_in_court.gif

@Lord Defect

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I am taking one of my favorite current NHLers (there aren't many of them, since what they do is so stupid), someone the Flyers could have signed for far, FAR less than Hayes and been far, FAR better off. Atoadaso, basically, but do you ever listen? At 27, he is by far the oldest player on my team and will wear an A since Bunny has the C. They will be linemates later when we are allowed to shuffle our pieces, something I have been waiting to do since around PHASE TWO! or so. Look how happy he is to be joining the Rabbits.

joel-armia.jpg

Team RW - Joel Armia

@Strawberry Fields

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Team Dog Breed: Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever

93pu25w9c6e21.jpg

If you've never been around one, when they get really excited, they trill instead of barking. It's been described as it sounding as if you were putting the dog through a wood chipper. This is not inaccurate.

Yes, those are/were my dogs. Watching delivery people get confused at the noises was endlessly entertaining. Sometimes they would leave notes that they hope the dog was ok. :laugh:

@Striiker Do things.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Snow-Balls have flown their Arcs, starr'd the Sides of Outbuildings, as of Cousins, carried Hats away into the brisk Wind off Delaware,-- the Sleds are brought in and their Runners carefully dried and greased, shoes deposited in the back Hall, a stocking'd-foot Descent made upon the great Kitchen, in a purposeful Dither since Morning, punctuated by the ringing Lids of Boilers and Stewing-Pots, fragrant with Pie-Spices, peel'd Fruits, Suet, heated Sugar,-- the Children, having all upon the Fly, among rhythmic slaps of Batter and Spoon, coax'd and stolen what they might, proceed, as upon each afternoon all this snowy December, to a comfortable Room at the rear of the House, years since given over to their carefree Assaults.

We have to bring some Pynchon with us into the Quackverse. We could have selected his magnum opus set during WWII, [RANCH], or [RANCH], some of which takes place on an airship. However, it was his 1997 stunner Mason & Dixon that was not only our introduction to the author but which also first opened up our eyes to what literature was truly capable of accomplishing. Written in an 18th century vernacular (Tom doesn’t make anything easy) and featuring a wide cast of characters that includes not only the titular surveyors but also George Washington, fellow founding father and proud Philadelphian [RANCH], a particularly verbose canine and an obsessive robotic duck, it’s absurdly funny, profoundly moving, achingly beautiful, and brilliant in every way. It’s also his most human book.

A07aZyIUg78Bgv1DdJTLR7Ji5WV3VI0QIOiM9hyceZHjQS7aF1DFPliUrdEdjvYOAJq5xe1ptczg8uF91pfij_UkCHk2zGMpSUTmPQmKOqScsXfjCkU_Hvko6oKx_JNST1udeuHl

Also, I want to say thanks to whoever suggested this category (Cap, I think?) because it inspired a re-read.

@Young Sandwich, you better disappoint us with your book pick after the "Horny" fiasco.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Snow-Balls have flown their Arcs, starr'd the Sides of Outbuildings, as of Cousins, carried Hats away into the brisk Wind off Delaware,-- the Sleds are brought in and their Runners carefully dried and greased, shoes deposited in the back Hall, a stocking'd-foot Descent made upon the great Kitchen, in a purposeful Dither since Morning, punctuated by the ringing Lids of Boilers and Stewing-Pots, fragrant with Pie-Spices, peel'd Fruits, Suet, heated Sugar,-- the Children, having all upon the Fly, among rhythmic slaps of Batter and Spoon, coax'd and stolen what they might, proceed, as upon each afternoon all this snowy December, to a comfortable Room at the rear of the House, years since given over to their carefree Assaults.

We have to bring some Pynchon with us into the Quackverse. We could have selected his magnum opus set during WWII, [RANCH], or [RANCH], some of which takes place on an airship. However, it was his 1997 stunner Mason & Dixon that was not only our introduction to the author but which also first opened up our eyes to what literature was truly capable of accomplishing. Written in an 18th century vernacular (Tom doesn’t make anything easy) and featuring a wide cast of characters that includes not only the titular surveyors but also George Washington, fellow founding father and proud Philadelphian [RANCH], a particularly verbose canine and an obsessive robotic duck, it’s absurdly funny, profoundly moving, achingly beautiful, and brilliant in every way. It’s also his most human book.

A07aZyIUg78Bgv1DdJTLR7Ji5WV3VI0QIOiM9hyceZHjQS7aF1DFPliUrdEdjvYOAJq5xe1ptczg8uF91pfij_UkCHk2zGMpSUTmPQmKOqScsXfjCkU_Hvko6oKx_JNST1udeuHl

Also, I want to say thanks to whoever suggested this category (Cap, I think?) because it inspired a re-read.

@Young Sandwich, you better disappoint us with your book pick after the "Horny" fiasco.
I already own the Kama Sutra, so ease up.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

It's great when they get high. And also the whole rest of the time.

Reactions: mja and BiggE

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
For our book, to honor our ties with Hollywood, we will be selecting one of the best books of all time, which was also turned into one of the best movies of all time.

@Lord Defect

Great choice, aj! One of the "required reading" books in school that I was blown away by.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
"There have been many, many draft categories that have caused considerable spirited discussion and much debate among the Tampa Bay FireSticks, and others that were obvious from the start. Franchise Historical Figure is one of the latter. We are deeply touched and honoured to select Yeshua ben Joseph, Jesus of Nazareth, for this category. Ask @pit about Him; pretty good read."

Hello @Hurricane28.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
"There have been many, many draft categories that have caused considerable spirited discussion and much debate among the Tampa Bay FireSticks, and others that were obvious from the start. Franchise Historical Figure is one of the latter. We are deeply touched and honoured to select Yeshua ben Joseph, Jesus of Nazareth, for this category. Ask @pit about Him; pretty good read."

Hello @Hurricane28.
upload_2021-5-16_14-36-59.gif

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
If you've never been around one, when they get really excited, they trill instead of barking.

My dog Bella does this too when she is very excited. Definitely not a breed characteristic in my case. She didn’t bark much at first, which isn’t the case now, but she would start to warble at things like dinner, and we were like, “What the.....”. It always makes me chuckle.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Can this be a law in the Quackverse?

If you bring an air horn to a sporting event, it will be taken from your hands and shoved, sans lube, up your ass.

Please and thank you!

Double for a vesuvala.
No one has drafted air horns or vuvuzelas into the Quackverse, so they don't even exist there, as far as I see it. ;)

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
My dog Bella does this too when she is very excited. Definitely not a breed characteristic in my case. She didn’t bark much at first, which isn’t the case now, but she would start to warble at things like dinner, and we were like, “What the.....”. It always makes me chuckle.

Ignore the filleting.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018

@Lord Defect
This and Animal Farm are the only books I'd consider re-reading from high school. Everything else was a f***ing waste of time

EDIT: there is a third book I'd reread as well but it was from middle school. We'll see if anyone picks it

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Team Dog Breed: Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever

93pu25w9c6e21.jpg

If you've never been around one, when they get really excited, they trill instead of barking. It's been described as it sounding as if you were putting the dog through a wood chipper. This is not inaccurate.

Yes, those are/were my dogs. Watching delivery people get confused at the noises was endlessly entertaining. Sometimes they would leave notes that they hope the dog was ok. :laugh:

@Striiker Do things.

Great pups

I got pet a pibble today, he looked like he had some [REDACTED] in him too. He was a good smiley boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad