NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE EIGHT! Part One!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Hopefully HC's absence is for pleasure-related reasons and nothing else. Godspeed.

I had a write up ready to go on my PC, but I'm out now so I'll just send it. Somehow this guy has catapulted his career in Vegas onto their top line with career-high point totals after bottom six usage in Washington. And he's been recently locked up for 4 more years under $3 million, if you're into that sort of thing.

Stephenson-GWG-STL.gif

Center - Chandler Stephenson

(We'll move Hayton to RW to accommodate him.)

Do it, @mja

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Team Owner Sami Kapanen is adamant that we must stay focused on life’s disasters if we’re going to be successful in the Quackverse. Hence, our MLS team will be the Centralia Flaming Coals. Centralia, for those not in the know, is a ghost town in Pennsylvania famous for a subterranean coal fire that has been burning unabated since 1962. Some estimate that it could continue to burn for the next 250 years.

FjtevSp4H1hDTXfMakhaEjwhR4tw9r3u5SNxkQVP6cjRA2oQUWTMBORX-SDKH94WPfiThWS_5UVgyoS1kMdeje5GutrMZmR4b7ChfkYch_D6DoQ6M-ceeaM2DKazkBWlDi7v4rK6

Team Colors will be Black, Burnt Orange, Light Blue. The logo will use this as a basis, with the hexagons representing the burning coal of Centralia.

Qs1l-w-TKfIftWfKrO66DRBL60_eNJqJuRFL96WINKkAdMSwc0yDgWru21Ivw5lDe7m1fVSduuTKU-LsFkWk_7nK1jCMIBJ5qfpzNMSGAk2Gzp3q2obpDPx7H3TWn_ptSsnBVHi4

@Striiker

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Team Owner Sami Kapanen is adamant that we must stay focused on life’s disasters if we’re going to be successful in the Quackverse. Hence, our MLS team will be the Centralia Flaming Coals. Centralia, for those not in the know, is a ghost town in Pennsylvania famous for a subterranean coal fire that has been burning unabated since 1962. Some estimate that it could continue to burn for the next 250 years.

FjtevSp4H1hDTXfMakhaEjwhR4tw9r3u5SNxkQVP6cjRA2oQUWTMBORX-SDKH94WPfiThWS_5UVgyoS1kMdeje5GutrMZmR4b7ChfkYch_D6DoQ6M-ceeaM2DKazkBWlDi7v4rK6

Team Colors will be Black, Burnt Orange, Light Blue. The logo will use this as a basis, with the hexagons representing the burning coal of Centralia.

Qs1l-w-TKfIftWfKrO66DRBL60_eNJqJuRFL96WINKkAdMSwc0yDgWru21Ivw5lDe7m1fVSduuTKU-LsFkWk_7nK1jCMIBJ5qfpzNMSGAk2Gzp3q2obpDPx7H3TWn_ptSsnBVHi4

@Striiker

:clap::clap::clap:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Good morning, grown-ups.

RNmoHM5.png

We start the day with @JojoTheWhale on the clock, @FlyTimmo on deck, @Strawberry Fields on the lido deck, and then some adorable, handsome bastard on the lido afterdeck, with his adorable, handsome brother @Hollywood Couturier to pick his make-up pick when he has time.

For Asian Cinema Night I did not watch "World of Kanako" again, because I remembered that I found this thing called "Hwayi: the Monster Boy" on Bezos Prime. It was a cracking good gonzo action shooter. It's about this young boy who is kidnapped by these criminals called "The Daylight Gang" (or something like that) and raised to be a criminal like them. There are like five adult men who pull the crimes and force him to be an accomplice, and then a woman they keep at home. The boy calls them all "Dad." He doesn't call the woman that. But then they take on an outside assignment, and due to ... something secret, everything goes haywire. From that point on it's batshit crazy until the credits roll, then there's a short epilogue, then it's over. Highly recommended if you loved "Oldboy" like any normal person would. or rather like any abnormal person who appreciates art would. Yeah, I named names there, but I will also cut a bitch.

I'm going to perform the regular ablutions in yonder bathroom. Hope you all have a great day and pick like crazy and shop like crazier.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
This will come as a huge surprise, but when I was growing up I saw everything in the world in terms of "Us" and "Them" - there are allies and there are enemies, and very few non-combatants, or NPCs. Because I was so staunchly pro-Looney Tunes, I hated Disney. "Hated" may be a strong word ... for a spite-deficient snowflake, amirite? I haven't seen the vast majority of Disney films, because it felt disloyal to watch them instead of Looney Tunes. This may not be the most mentally healthy way to view the world, but I'm lucky in the sense that I don't give a f***.

But I did manage to find a Disney song to perfectly represent my franchise.

Team Disney Song - "Everybody Wants to be a Cat"

@Lord Defect

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Let's go with The Mysterious Affair at Styles for our team book. It's not my favorite Poirot story, but it was the first one. Plus it was responsible for me pushing beyond Sherlock Holmes into other adult mysteries as a kid.

It also has the bonus of having a main character that looks exactly how I imagine @Captain Dave Poulin pictures me.

ffeec8446df7c7a7224a052a2969a071.jpg

This was a pick to be made up. It shouldn't change the current order at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad