NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – SUPER F***ING AMAZING PHASE TWENTY-FIVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
All of these categories are excellent so i'm just going to start at the top.

FOG Team BBQ Item - BRISKET

It doesn't get much better than juicy, savory, smoked brisket. Whether on a sandwich or right off of a styrofoam plate, a well cooked brisket is hard to top. The cows that died for this are heroes.

View attachment 742492

View attachment 742496

@mja you are on the chopping block

Totally f***ing sniped. We were so close. I yelled when I saw the picture. f***. Give me a minute.

mja

Jan 7, 2005
I knew that someone would get sniped on brisket, and that it would go early. It tastes like a shoe to me, but whatever.

Mediocre brisket is very underwhelming. I was fairly ambivalent on it until I visited Austin and had the most incredible brisket of my life and became a true believer. Also, why are you eating shoes? You're supposed to wear them on your feet. Have times gotten that tough?

This was going to be a really easy pick and then I was going to relax for a couple weeks as we meandered through the order before I had to make some tough choices. But that time is now, apparently.

Team Robot:

dancing-robot.gif

That's right, Johnny 5 AKA Number 5

There are a ton of great choices out there for this category, and we strongly considered [Ranch] and [Liverwurst], but I saw both Short Circuit movies in a theater, and then several hundred times thereafter on cable. I loved those freaking films, and I loved Johnny 5. Most robots would end up as disassembled junk after getting struck by lighting. But not Johnny. No, he gains consciousness. That's right, Number 5 is...ALIVE!

ally-sheedy-short-circuit.gif

He's also a gentleman and a scholar.

@Hollywood Cannon, I trust you have your pick already lined up

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Mediocre brisket is very underwhelming. I was fairly ambivalent on it until I visited Austin and had the most incredible brisket of my life and became a true believer. Also, why are you eating shoes? You're supposed to wear them on your feet. Have times gotten that tough?

This was going to be a really easy pick and then I was going to relax for a couple weeks as we meandered through the order before I had to make some tough choices. But that time is now, apparently.

Team Robot:

dancing-robot.gif

There are a ton of great choices out there for this category, and we strongly considered [Ranch] and [Liverwurst], but I saw both Short Circuit movies in a theater, and then several hundred times thereafter on cable. I loved those freaking films, and I loved Johnny 5. Most robots would end up as disassembled junk after getting struck by lighting. But not Johnny. No, he gains consciousness. That's right, Number 5 is...ALIVE!

Awesome pick. It's been way too long since i've watched Short Circuit.

This Robot category is one of my favorites ever. Robots, like most animals, are better than humans in every way.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

Team Robot:

dancing-robot.gif

You absolute bastard. I STILL GET TO KEEP MY STICKER.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Alright, here we go.

We are going to make our selection for Official Team Detective but first we would like to formally request a future category of Official Team Detective Partner in hopes that the pick that we're not selecting makes it through.

The Las Vegas Desert Ducks are proud to select...

Benoit Blanc

What is not to love about Daniel Craig sounding like foghorn leghorn. That's a guy that the Desert Ducks organization wants to party with. I've really enjoyed the Knives Out movies for what they are even though my disdain for Rian Johnson burns with a passion for a certain other movie (shoutout @mja and @Striiker). The character of Benoit just cracks me up and maybe he'll invite Marta over at some point.

donut-doughnut-hole.gif

knives-out-it-makes-no-damn-sense.gif

d2d536cbe19e48377e96c8b6ccf27496fefc9b42.gifv

@Magua you've put your two cents in about Rian Johnson and certain movies over the years so you don't need to comment but if you could please make a selection that'd be great.

mja

Jan 7, 2005
You absolute bastard. I STILL GET TO KEEP MY STICKER.
Blame @Rebels57 ! I was prepared to go brisket fully knowing you'd probably snap Johnny 5 up before it got back to me.

I did feel guilty though, and so I briefly considered going with another lovable robot from an (inferior) 80's family film that I watched several hundred times. And yes, of course you get to keep your sticker.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Alright, here we go.

We are going to make our selection for Official Team Detective but first we would like to formally request a future category of Official Team Detective Partner in hopes that the pick that we're not selecting makes it through.

Benoit Blanc

What is not to love about Daniel Craig sounding like foghorn leghorn. That's a guy that the Desert Ducks organization wants to party with. I've really enjoyed the Knives Out movies for what they are even though my disdain for Rian Johnson burns with a passion for a certain other movie (shoutout @mja and @Striiker). The character of Benoit just cracks me up and maybe he'll invite Marta over at some point.

donut-doughnut-hole.gif

@Magua you've put your two cents in about Rian Johnson and certain movies over the years so you don't need to comment but if you could please make a selection that'd be great.

Another excellent pick. The first Knives Out was especially awesome. We're cookin' with gas so far this round.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Hope it goes well, my friend.
She's lost a ton of weight in just the last couple weeks. It's reminiscent of when she was diagnosed with cancer five years ago. By rights, she shouldn't still be with us, but she beat an 18 month prognosis and has gone 4 more years since. I find myself hoping that it's her teeth, or even that the cancer is back - anything that tells me we can try to squeeze some calories into her while she gets treated and then get her to start eating again on her own. Not that it's old age catching up to her.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
She's lost a ton of weight in just the last couple weeks. It's reminiscent of when she was diagnosed with cancer five years ago. By rights, she shouldn't still be with us, but she beat an 18 month prognosis and has gone 4 more years since. I find myself hoping that it's her teeth, or even that the cancer is back - anything that tells me we can try to squeeze some calories into her while she gets treated and then get her to start eating again on her own. Not that it's old age catching up to her.

This is hard. Ugh,

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Alright, here we go.

Benoit Blanc

donut-doughnut-hole.gif

Ana adjacent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad