NHL in Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois

Very interesting.... and actually shocking that the poll between what people would prefer to see, an NHL team or an NBA team, is not only close, but favoring the NHL team. I honestly figured that the overwhelming majority of Seattle residents would much rather see the SuperSonics return in the event of a new arena versus landing a NHL team.

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
Hearing that either Seattle or Portland could get an NHL team is the best news short of the Bruins winning another Cup. And I'm sure that the League would be jumping for joy as well.
Not to mention Detroit and/or Columbus. They're not enamoured with the line about "go west young man". Another western franchise would balance things out and allow a franchise like Detroit or Columbus to move east.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
Very interesting.... and actually shocking that the poll between what people would prefer to see, an NHL team or an NBA team, is not only close, but favoring the NHL team. I honestly figured that the overwhelming majority of Seattle residents would much rather see the SuperSonics return in the event of a new arena versus landing a NHL team.
I am a basketball fan. but the league is poorly run. Stern. I have heard many say if the league does not come back they won't care.

Plus Seattle got burned.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I am a basketball fan. but the league is poorly run. Stern. I have heard many say if the league does not come back they won't care.

Plus Seattle got burned.

Agreed. I used to be a huge fan of the Bucks/NBA. Now I don't really even care if the Bucks move. Part of that is the awful ownership of the Bucks, part of that is the way the NBA is run.

There was recently a poll run in the online version of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel and they asked if the NBA was locked out the entire season if you would miss it. 4,790 people voted, 86% said they wouldn't miss the NBA.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
Agreed. I used to be a huge fan of the Bucks/NBA. Now I don't really even care if the Bucks move. Part of that is the awful ownership of the Bucks, part of that is the way the NBA is run.

There was recently a poll run in the online version of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel and they asked if the NBA was locked out the entire season if you would miss it. 4,790 people voted, 86% said they wouldn't miss the NBA.
I mean I still watch, but these are legitimate reasons not to. I blame league leadership, especially Stern

Where the comments on the pole. I would love to see them.

Last edited:

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Does anyone know Levin's net worth?

No idea but if he was in the running to buy the Cubs I would imagine it's quite a bit.

Where the comments on the pole. I would love to see them.

No comments. Here's an image of it since it won't let me link directly to it.

68y3h0.jpg

There have been comments in the past few months about the Bucks, a new arena, the NHL etc. and a number of comments say screw the NBA, who cares if they move - bring an NHL team here.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
No idea but if he was in the running to buy the Cubs I would imagine it's quite a bit.

No comments. Here's an image of it since it won't let me link directly to it.

68y3h0.jpg

There have been comments in the past few months about the Bucks, a new arena, the NHL etc. and a number of comments say screw the NBA, who cares if they move - bring an NHL team here.

Thank You. I feel Milwaukee would support a team. They mentioned them on ESPN.

WingsOverAvs

Non Right Winger
Jun 27, 2011
Orlando FL
Thank You. I feel Milwaukee would support a team. They mentioned them on ESPN.

Only one problem putting a team in Wisconsin:
1 Milwaukee 594,833
2 Madison 233,209
3 Green Bay 104,057

It's top 3 cities total less than 1 million people COMBINED.

They'd have to put an arena centralized between the 3.....and even then it would be close to an hour drive for most people

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
1 Milwaukee 594,833
2 Madison 233,209
3 Green Bay 104,057

They'd have to put an arena centralized between the 3.....and even then it would be close to an hour drive for most people

The metro area is nearly 2 million and that doesn't include Kenosha (not all Milwaukee fans but some), Madison (a little over an hour away), Fond du Lac and Sheboygan (an hour away) in the population. Just listing city population does nothing.

WingsOverAvs

Non Right Winger
Jun 27, 2011
Orlando FL
The metro area is nearly 2 million and that doesn't include Kenosha (not all Milwaukee fans but some), Madison (a little over an hour away), Fond du Lac and Sheboygan (an hour away) in the population. Just listing city population does nothing.
apparently the info I was looking at is incorrect then

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
apparently the info I was looking at is incorrect then

It's not that your info is incorrect, those numbers for the city populations look right to me but you can't just look at city population to determine if a franchise would work. If you did just look at city population there's no way Buffalo should have an NHL team much less an NFL team.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
1 Milwaukee 594,833
2 Madison 233,209
3 Green Bay 104,057

Oh please! They support a baseball team and that has double the dates and double the seats. Hockey would do well in Milwaukee, for sure.

PackardMoose

Dec 28, 2007
PNW
It takes about 17 minutes to drive from Bellevue to downtown Seattle without any traffic, with traffic it might take 30 minutes or more. Let's just put it this way, my wife works at the most expensive building in downtown Bellevue. Her building includes Louis Vuitton, Jimmy Choo, Niemann Marcus, Ferragamo, Hermes, etc. The Eastside is awash in Microsoft money.

Travel times should improve when they get light rail going properly across the bridges. As a NY/New England transplant, I simply can't believe that an area with traffic bottlenecks like this has trouble getting commuter rail off the ground.

And yes, the Eastside is awash in Microsoft money, especially Bellevue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad