GDT: NHL Global Series: Sweden 2023 | Nov 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th | Detroit, Minnesota, Ottawa, Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
vkvddpe5g3s2jet143xi

GS23-Schedule_Media-25085201.jpg

image.jpg

More specific location: Avicii Arena

Globen_30_%C3%A5r%2C_febr_2019a.jpg

Reactions: Summer Rose

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
NHL should suspend any games in Stockholm until Avicii Arena upgrades the bathroom situation.

It was horror show bad. Our section had 4 urinals and the line was miles long. My guess is the whole stadium had around 32.

F&B was worst I've seen in a proffessional sports stadium.

Inbound tourists are driving the good hockey vibes at the game and in the City.

Better off having it in London where it would be a sellout and an easier trip for tourists.

Shame on you sweden:)

Reactions: Summer Rose

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
NHL should suspend any games in Stockholm until Avicii Arena upgrades the bathroom situation.

It was horror show bad. Our section had 4 urinals and the line was miles long. My guess is the whole stadium had around 32.

Better off having it in London where it would be a sellout and an easier trip for tourists.

1700323741738.png

bring it back

Reactions: Silky Johnson

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I thought some American country band flew all the way to Sweden just to sing two songs and then go home. But turns out Tennessee Tears is a Swedish band.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Absolutely dumb! It's supposed to be "special" but the broadcasters treat these games like another game on a Tuesday night in the middle of January. What gives?

Can you imagine if they “blacked out” games in the NFL?

Maybe try selling the sport NHL as a whole.

I thought some American country band flew all the way to Sweden just to sing two songs and then go home. But turns out Tennessee Tears is a Swedish band.

They are too good looking to be from the South.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
why are they doing the USA and CAN anthems? i find it mildly annoying at the best of times but doing this in a foreign country seems weird.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I still don't understand why ESPN (Or even ESPN+) or TNT aren't televising these games. Aren't they the partners of the NHL? Again, the NHL will never grow the game until they solve the NHL Network Problem, and they won't even admit they have one. It's ridiculous how the NHL makes it so hard to watch thier product, especially for today's landscape where people are cord cutting.

Reactions: Tkachuk4MVP

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
They are too good looking to be from the South.
Fair enough, but bringing American singers to Sweden would've been top tier comedy. Although singing the anthems there in the first place feels a little odd.

They did well though so I'm not complaining for once.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I still don't understand why ESPN (Or even ESPN+) or TNT aren't televising these games. Aren't they the partners of the NHL? Again, the NHL will never grow the game until they solve the NHL Network Problem, and they won't even admit they have one. It's ridiculous how the NHL makes it so hard to watch thier product, especially for today's landscape where people are cord cutting.
In Canada, they have these games blacked out if you're not in the region for said team.

If you're not in the Ottawa region, you can't watch this game. Unless of course you use an illegal stream, or VPN.

NHL is just super f***ing dumb.

Reactions: Tkachuk4MVP

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
In Canada, they have these games blacked out if you're not in the region for said team.

If you're not in the Ottawa region, you can't watch this game. Unless of course you use an illegal stream, or VPN.

NHL is just super f***ing dumb.

Yet they treat this as a special event. If it's a special event, HAVE YOUR TV PARTNERS BROADCAST IT NATIONALLY.

It's not hard yet the NHL are full of idiots.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
wild d giving up gorgeous scoring chances in the first minute. it's just like playing at home!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

There is an interesting cross-section of folk sounding bands that I first thought were more Appalachian and turned out they were Swedish.

johan f

Jun 23, 2008
Sweden

Not even Londoners manage to fill an arena when tickets costs 200+ dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad