GDT: NHL Global Series: Sweden 2023 | Nov 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th | Detroit, Minnesota, Ottawa, Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I hope both of these teams were hungover as f***, otherwise they should be relegated to the AHL.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I hope both of these teams were hungover as f***, otherwise they should be relegated to the AHL.
The Wild played a structure game, which they were in desperate need of after their recent stretch, this is the first game this season where they have what I would consider a full NHL level defense (Merrill is extremely borderline but played fine today.) The big difference makers on offense have been underwhelming to start, both Kap and Boldy playing through confirmed injuries. Zucc without Kap loses a lot of his luster, and Marcus Johansson has lost his touch from last season.

Kaprizov is probably a full sell in fantasy this year, chance he gets shut down at some point IMO. Hasn't recovered from the Stanley injury. This was the most rest he was going to have on it all season, and he only had one single rush attempt with the puck. JEE can only will us to so many victories, at least Marco Rossi and Faber are playing great, but rookies being your best players every night is not great in this league.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I've watched this and the last game, and to be honest, these games have been baaad. This one might be the worst one I've seen this season. Only Forsberg's pass saved it.

I would have imagined that playing in a foreign nation would make for high-scoring games, but it's been quite the opposite.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Alright I have to know why are people from Sweden so proud of IKEA? one of first things the media asked Nylander was if he took the boys to IKEA as if they had never been there before.

We have them in Canada, chances are the boys have been in an IKEA before

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Alright I have to know why are people from Sweden so proud of IKEA? one of first things the media asked Nylander was if he took the boys to IKEA as if they had never been there before.

We have them in Canada, chances are the boys have been in an IKEA before
You have them in Canada, yeah. That probably is the point. Sweden's proud that they have something that everyone has and recognizes. It's sort of like how Finland was with Nokia back when they were relevant.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
You have them in Canada, yeah. That probably is the point. Sweden's proud that they have something that everyone has and recognizes. It's sort of like how Finland was with Nokia back when they were relevant.

Yeah but why just IKEA?, we have lots of things in common McDonald's, burger king, Game Stop, Walmart, all things I guarantee you Sweden and North America have in Common but for some reason IKEA is the one.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yeah but why just IKEA?, we have lots of things in common McDonald's, burger king, Game Stop, Walmart, all things I guarantee you Sweden and North America have in Common but for some reason IKEA is the one.

IKEA is the one that started in Sweden.

I’ll bet more people have been in an IKEA than driven a Volvo or a Saab.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Ya they asked the same question to an Ottawa player, maybe Brannstrom, probably same guy asked question, Branny laughed and responded no we had some
activities and dinners planned.

johan f

Jun 23, 2008
Sweden
I've watched this and the last game, and to be honest, these games have been baaad. This one might be the worst one I've seen this season. Only Forsberg's pass saved it.

I would have imagined that playing in a foreign nation would make for high-scoring games, but it's been quite the opposite.
I have watched several NHL games in Stockholm and almost every game has been a snooze fest. The reasons are certainly many. When they have started the season in Europe the word was that players not in groove yet. But in late november that should not be the case. Crowd is not loud either which can affect the game.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I have watched several NHL games in Stockholm and almost every game has been a snooze fest. The reasons are certainly many. When they have started the season in Europe the word was that players not in groove yet. But in late november that should not be the case. Crowd is not loud either which can affect the game.
First Sens/wings game was really exciting for the fans, with a great ending.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Javonpobben said:
Why are minnesota and sens playing in sweden? Should had brought some better teams.

JoVel said:
This game is awful. These teams have been waiting for OT since the 10 minute mark in the 3rd.

We should stop going there altogether.

Everyone in this thread from Europe is bitching and complaining about it.

I'm sure the players wouldn't mind skipping the time change and all the time off between games.

It's a complete waste of time aside from the family members of some of the team members.

Simple. Everyone's happy.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I didn’t think Principe could be a bigger dork. That intro was a new low
Never saw Principe today, what telecast was he on in Sweden?

Did you go / going to any of the games?

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
Never saw Principe today, what telecast was he on in Sweden?
He just did a New Kids on the Block themed intro to the Oil/Lightning game. He should be fired on the spot for it

Edit: just realized I’m posting in the wrong thread, never mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad