GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2020 - XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Oh it moves the needle problem is it moves it the wrong way

disagree. He’s a capable 6-9 forward. He would provide depth while our main guys are out. Sign Hoffman and him. Add DeBrusk to it. This team is good looking.

Marchand — Bergeron — Pastrnak
Hoffman — Krejci — Smith
DeBrusk — Coyle — Kovalchuk
Frederic — Kuraly — Wagner
Senyshyn
Ritchie

I’m dealing Bjork in a package for a top 4 guy if available.

Hoffman wont be signed though. DeBrusk will be with Krejci and Bjork in his spot on the third line is more realistic.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I think he easily progresses. Give him a more mobile partner and PP time. He will take a big next step.

Kind of my thinking as well. Same with Carlo if he's paired with Grz. Now Carlo will have someone whose a better defender (and skater), allowing him to be a bit more aggressive in the o-zone.

Last edited:
Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Meh depends on the role. 3rd line 2PP, I don't think it "hurts" us, but its not an improvement. Someone like Studs could probably give similar prodcution and a better defensive game.

I think Kovalchuk could give more than Studnicka right now. When he got to Montreal/Washington, he produced at a 20G, just under 50 point pace with those two teams.

Obviously system and who he’s playing with will factor. With Coyle on the third line, probably not giving you these numbers but with PP time (and time in the top 6 while guys get healthy) I could easily see 15-17G/40 points.

Reactions: JOKER 192

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
disagree. He’s a capable 6-9 forward. He would provide depth while our main guys are out. Sign Hoffman and him. Add DeBrusk to it. This team is good looking.

Hoffman — Krejci — Smith
Senyshyn
Ritchie

Hoffman wont be signed though. DeBrusk will be with Krejci and Bjork in his spot on the third line is more realistic.
Agree to disagree. Kovy is the biggest cancer in the NHL imo. His (deteriorating) skills are irrelevant to me. Just don’t want him near our locker room

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass

Hoffman — Krejci — Smith
Senyshyn
Ritchie

That’s a good lineup but it’s not happening

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Overall the Leafs did well but don’t know if the D and Goaltending is good but may not be good enough unless they move one of the big guns for an established d man.

It’s not elite but neither is Bostons

Torontos blueline right now is the best looking in Matthews era.
Muzzin and Brodie are 2 quality additions and address defensive weakness their core has had.

Muzzin& Bogo also add size to that group
They won’t be as easy to push around

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
It’s not elite but neither is Bostons

Torontos blueline right now is the best looking in Matthews era.
Muzzin and Brodie are 2 quality additions and address defensive weakness their core has had.

Muzzin& Bogo also add size to that group
They won’t be as easy to push around

I like what the Leafs did. They are deep, tough and I hate to say this..built for PO hockey. Especially in a shortened season if the stars find their legs quickly.

Boston is in deep doo this year. Shortened season and possible Marchand and Pasta miss significant time. Along with the time to find their legs (they may not before too late)

Big gulp.

Reactions: Estlin and Gordoff

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
We are still not sure when the season will start. January is a tentative plan but it could be February.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbfan419

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Same guy, different accent. Kovalchuk at $1 million >>>>> Hoffman at $6 million

KovalchukHoffman.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events