Washington

CLOSE TO CAP:

Winnipeg (Laine)
Toronto (Nylander)
Edmonton
Calgary (Gaudreau)
Tampa Bay (Stamkos, Cirelli)
Vegas (Tuch)
Nurse, Hanifin, Dunn, The bruins aren’t going after them forwards they simply don’t have enough. They probably don’t have enough for the players I mentioned

Reactions: Coach Parker

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I wouldn't want to discuss any deal with SS until we are 100% sure he is fully recovered from his recent surgery.
Wish him well, he is a dynamic player.
Well, with Boston’s recent downsizing in talent level in their defence division it would seem like a good time to really gear up their production in the forward department heading in to Q1.

Not saying Stamkos is the only option out there, but might be doable.

Obviously Boston would want to ascertain the validity of any of his health reports. But it might be a great time to stick a quarter in Tampa and see what way they plan to go heading in to sales season.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Moving Bjork, Ritchie, and Moore would free up $5.8M in cap space. Probably enough to sign another winger. That would leave around $11M to sign DeBrusk, Grzelckyk, and Chara.

Moving those 3 wouldn’t free up 5.8M.

If you replace two of those with 800k cap hit players, that leaves you with 4.2M for the 3rd.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I put this vid up yesterday as this is the guy they should target, 6'5" 220 Left Dee and plays top spot with Makar and he is 25. Too late now, we keep waiting till everyone is gone and we will sign an injured guy that has not played in awhile - ooops we did that as our 1st move.

Last edited:

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
It's not a terrible strategy and those guys have been marinating in the AHL for awhile. But it does carry quite a bit of risk. And I find it hard to imagine Don would feel comfortable with 2 rookies on the left side in the playoffs.

Remember that Don was prepared to do just that in th 2017 playoffs with Carlo and Charlie, but Carlo got hurt.

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
@BruinDust thread got locked haha!

I do wonder too if there was a decision at some point to go with Zboril and Lauzon on the left along with Gryz and Moore and see how it goes. I know a lot of people will hate that idea if it happens, but it is a legit decision that a GM could make and if it doesn't go well, there is always the trade market. I myself don't hate it, really. I'd prefer they brought someone in, but if not, this could be okay. Time to see if the draft and development model has been any good.

If this is the plan I'm okay with it. The Bruins then need to do the responsible thing and trade Krejci while moving Coyle up to the 2nd line. You can't let him walk without getting anything back and by promoting Zboril and Lauzon you're pretty much signaling to the current core that contending isn't the #1 priority.

Reactions: Baddkarma

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Was that even ever proven??
Last I checked, it went to court for defamation but they didn't release any of the supposed text messages as proof. So one of Karlsson's wife or Hoffman's fiancee is absolutely psychotic. Question is which one it really is? The general consensus seems to have always believed Karlsson though.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
That was u :laugh:

You weren't the guy who was trying to convince them that Achan can fill Krugs shoes and that Vaakanainen is a left shot defenseman when they were really talking about Vatanen. Lol:laugh:
That was the guy after me.
I was the guy that liked the Craig Smith signing, but said the LD side is a major concern. The host mentioned Vatanen. The hosts then talked to another Bruins fan[strong accent] who mentioned Ahcan.

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
I guess my problem is, no matter what, he had all year to negotiate with Krug and from the sounds of it he didn't. Surely he must of knew long before Free Agency Krug was not signing with the Bruins. That being said he decided to sit and wait to see if Krug would circle back and what we see now is a GM as far as I can tell with no plan to replace him.
But be honest , if Sweeney resigned Krug for what Stl signed him for ,would you have been happy. I think a lot fans would have hated that. This might be a step back but opens a door to move forward.

Reactions: wintersej
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad