Confirmed with Link: NHL Entry Draft heading back to Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Anyway, what was the pitch for Kovalchuk in 2001, Markov, Zednik, Garon and our own 7th overall pick ? Or both 1st rounders ?

From what I remember, Atlanta asked for Theodore instead of Garon, and Andre Savard refused.

I expect the same kind of asking price for next year's 1st overall, 2020 top picks are ahead of this year, Lafrenière being (unless it all crashes down somehow) the cream of the crop.

Reactions: Runner77

habsfan92

Jun 5, 2005
winnipeg
He could pull a Lindros & refuse to put on the jersey & openly say he will not play for the team that selects him-demand to go to the Habs. If only.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Draft coming coming back home to the city whose team that made the first ever NHL draft pick.

Last edited:

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Anybody knows when the tickets will go on sale?

Already sold out...

giphy.gif

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
This will be pushed so hard if we end up sucking next year and are in lottery range to either win it or trade everything for #1 lol

I can realistically see the Habs finishing outside the playoffs and pulling a New Jersey , but it won't happen would be too convenient.

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
The Ottawa senators are proud to select......you know that’s how it’s gonna go down

That wouldn't be so bad, guarantees us to get him 3 years later when melnyk is too cheap to pay him after his elc. It would be an absolute nightmare if the Sens were to move to QC though.

Reactions: jaffy27

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ
Oh well... Time to check out the QMJHL 1st round depth for 2020. Please Lord, let Lafrenière be the only valid first rounder, and the Habs make the play offs.

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
He could pull a Lindros & refuse to put on the jersey & openly say he will not play for the team that selects him-demand to go to the Habs. If only.
Lindros said that it was nothing on the team or the city but because he and his family hated Aubut. He explain that also but I forgot that part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad