Prospect Info: NHL Entry Draft Discussion Thread - Looking Ahead to 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Because nobody asked and we're going into the lottery tomorrow, here's my early top-31 thats still subject to change. My rankings, as always are who I believe will end up as the best players from this draft at the end of their careers.

1. Jack Hughes
2. Kappo Kakko
3. Alex Turcotte
4. Bowen Byram
5. Bobby Brink
6. Ryan Suzuki
7. Arthur Kaliyev
8. Peyton Krebs
9. Dylan Cozens
10. Alex Newhook
11. Thomas Harley
12. Kirby Dach
13. Trevor Zegras
14. Vasilii Podkolzin
15. Cole Caufield
16. Victor Soderstrom
17. Matthew Boldy
18. Morritz Seider
19. Nils Hoglander
20. Jakob Pelletier
21. Nicholas Robertson
22. Lassi Thomson
23. Ville Heinola
24. Connor McMichael
25. Cam York
26. Albin Grewe
27. Phillip Broberg
28. Phillip Tomasino
29. Matthew Robertson
30. Brayden Tracey
31. Nathan Lagare

Some other guys with a NHLe over 20 that could be nice picks later in 2nd or later:
Cole Moberg
Yegor Serdyuk
Henry Rybinski
Samuel Poulin
Alex Beaucage
Zachary Jones
Ethan Keppen
Shane Pinto

Makaveli

Killuminati
Jan 15, 2008
Toronto
Because nobody asked and we're going into the lottery tomorrow, here's my early top-31 thats still subject to change. My rankings, as always are who I believe will end up as the best players from this draft at the end of their careers.

1. Jack Hughes
2. Kappo Kakko
3. Alex Turcotte
4. Bowen Byram
5. Bobby Brink
6. Ryan Suzuki
7. Arthur Kaliyev
8. Peyton Krebs
9. Dylan Cozens
10. Alex Newhook
11. Thomas Harley
12. Kirby Dach
13. Trevor Zegras
14. Vasilii Podkolzin
15. Cole Caufield
16. Victor Soderstrom
17. Matthew Boldy
18. Morritz Seider
19. Nils Hoglander
20. Jakob Pelletier
21. Nicholas Robertson
22. Lassi Thomson
23. Ville Heinola
24. Connor McMichael
25. Cam York
26. Albin Grewe
27. Phillip Broberg
28. Phillip Tomasino
29. Matthew Robertson
30. Brayden Tracey
31. Nathan Lagare

Some other guys with a NHLe over 20 that could be nice picks later in 2nd or later:
Cole Moberg
Yegor Serdyuk
Henry Rybinski
Samuel Poulin
Alex Beaucage
Zachary Jones
Ethan Keppen
Shane Pinto
No love for Lavoie?

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
I can't believe Ottawa got away with that terrible decision last year, especially in light of them more or less tanking this season. Nothing against Tkachuk but they're lucky it didn't turn out bad.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
I can't believe Ottawa got away with that terrible decision last year, especially in light of them more or less tanking this season. Nothing against Tkachuk but they're lucky it didn't turn out bad.
It still turned out bad. They dealt a top 4 pick for a guy they traded 18 months later

Reactions: Al14

CincoHolio

Jan 8, 2013
Toronto
You know, looking back at the Kessel/Seguin/Hamilton fiasco, I'm almost glad that we didn't hold onto those picks instead of trading them for 81. Things worked out as they should have for our fan-base and beloved franchise. No way our incompetent management at the time deserved to walk into those picks. Today, we'd probably just be another Buffalo/Edmonton. Can't get out of their own way even when they're gifted prime talent.

Reactions: cookie and 7even

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Hey look everybody!

The Vancouver Auston Matthews would be our third best players (but we still can't make the playoffs somehow!) once again drop in the lottery, having finished 23rd overall and yet they'll pick 10th.

latest

Last edited:

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
Well that lottery went pretty well, sweet. Rangers/Devils are 2 of the teams I didn't care about winning.

Yup. Sabres, Oilers, canucks, habs miss out on top 5 picks. Also love that colorado dropped. I skipped watching this thinking it would play out exactly as they finished the season. I wish I watched. Great draft lotto.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I'm fine with the Lotto results. I like seeing teams with history (aka O6) and not revenue sharing leeches get good players to watch (unless its the Habs). So, I was happy to see Chicago and NYR move up.

I love how the lottery just causes meltdowns around here about fairness and what is just.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad