GDT: NHL Entry Draft Day IV - Round 2 On Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I remember people hyping up the lindgren pick last year and the kid regressed this year. Hf scouts, you don't know everything

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Holy...people need to step away, go outside and enjoy the beautiful day, getting way too emotionally invested in 3rd round and lower picks.
this. Most of these guys will not play for the leafs for couple of years atleast. They can be developed and traded to get a piece that helps our team, or they can replace any player that becomes to expensive and needs to be traded later on.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I can't wait to look back in hindsight at this draft :laugh:

People making judgment but really don't know who these players are.
I kind of like that fact. There won't be 100 posts arguing this player is more Elite than that player. Just let them develop and be surprised. How many people had Komarov as an important piece when he was drafted?

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
You really have no idea how they draft do you? Both of these guys have drafted like this in the OHL. They both draft skill and projectable players to fill the team which is exactly what they're doing right now.

We haven't drafted much skill today.

Check the draft board.

ChazzMichaelMichaels

Jul 10, 2014
What's everyone so upset about?

Korshkov is about as big of a boom/bust pick possible SO MUCH SKILL and potential

Grundstrom is a ball of energy with skill to complement and was in a lot of 1st rounds

Woll is a perfect pick to wait out the top 3 goalies picked cause we all know drafting goalies is a crap shoot

Greenway is a boom or bust guy who is very toolsy, played top pairing for the USN team

Middleton isn't far off Stanley and just a year ago was well known as a better prospect, we got him how many rounds later?

Brooks led all WHL in scoring and all draft eligable guys in primary scoring

Bobyshev has offense at almost a PPG and is a wrecking ball .....

relax people

Wendelstache

May 5, 2010
Remember when Babs said he will address the physicality or lack thereof in the offseason?
This is what he meant...

Remember when Albany was running our players?
This will not happen in the future.

This year we are going the opposite, drafting guys that are physically more mature than as oppose to guys last year.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010

Korshkov is about as big of a boom/bust pick possible SO MUCH SKILL and potential

Grundstrom is a ball of energy with skill to complement and was in a lot of 1st rounds

Woll is a perfect pick to wait out the top 3 goalies picked cause we all know drafting goalies is a crap shoot

Greenway is a boom or bust guy who is very toolsy, played top pairing for the USN team

Middleton isn't far off Stanley and just a year ago was well known as a better prospect, we got him how many rounds later?

relax people

This. Toronto loves their tough players with skill and that's exactly what the Leafs are trying to draft to address major needs. I don't get this fanbase sometimes.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I'm pretty pleased that we haven't picked up another batch of 5'10 snipers. All of the big guys we've taken have good skating. We aren't picking up face-punching pylons here, these guys are still young and growing into their bodies. I trust Hunter's judgement to predict upside.

It's also hilarious how some people are doubting that these are Hunter picks. Lou said in the interview last night that there is no way they will deviate from the Shanaplan. Mark Hunter is a huge part of that plan and what they are doing at this draft is his work.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
My prediction is this:

Majority complains about the draft because the Leafs had the gall to listen to their scouts over the 'experts' on HF Boards who know a pick is bad because they haven't heard of them.

Most of the picks have great years next year, and now with people watching, suddenly it's considered a very good - solid draft.

Next year everyone forgets we've essentially been through the same thing two years in a row now, and again complain about all the picks, question Hunters ability, etc...

:laugh:

so true

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto

relax people

Everybody take a deep breathe and read this post.

The sky is not falling, people.

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
So mark hunter says last year that he always picks for skill. Then turns around and drafts more size than Burke ever did

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Why is everyone so mad. We all knew he wasnt going to draft a bunch of 5'7 guys with puck skills

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
this feels like a brian burke draft for me. more focus on size than skill. i guess they wanted a proper mix of prospects in the cupboard and since we had mostly skill last year, and this year we chose to go with size in order to get that mix? still puzzling to me but i trust hunter and co.

also, not a fan of the 31st pick. wanted benson/debrincat/laberge. oh well.

DutchLeafsfan

Jun 3, 2002
Rotterdam, NL
www.gamer.nl
My prediction is this:

Majority complains about the draft because the Leafs had the gall to listen to their scouts over the 'experts' on HF Boards who know a pick is bad because they haven't heard of them.

Most of the picks have great years next year, and now with people watching, suddenly it's considered a very good - solid draft.

Next year everyone forgets we've essentially been through the same thing two years in a row now, and again complain about all the picks, question Hunters ability, etc...

:laugh:

"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad