GDT: NHL Entry Draft Day IV - Round 2 On Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Anyone else getting the feeling the leafs management are getting a big head thinking they've figured it all out and not doing their due diligence?

Seems to be some really arrogant moves going on right now.

Or...they have got eyes on guys we haven't seen, and being a rich franchise getting multiple viewings of sleepers others may have only seen once or twice. Can't believe the negativity on here. Trust management at this point, Hunter has given you know reason to doubt his ability to evaluate.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
GTFO here dude. Seriously? Yes, I never watched the dude who has 6 points, -40 something and is an over ager, but I can tell he won't be a top pairing D.

We had a ton of picks, we should be targeting high potential guys for team needs. LWers, RD, Goalies.

The only good picks from this draft have been Matthews and Woll. Other than that it's been throwing away multiple picks.

I bet the Russian guy won't even come over.

If they spent a 31st overall pick on a guy who's not coming, you'll have your first grounds to call for someone's job.

However, my guess is they've done their research on him and they know he's coming and are quite keen on the player.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I thought Hunter spends most of his time scouting CHL. We are none of these picks from there?

Not sure if you're being sarcastic but they have specific scouts for regions. Hunter spends time in every region probably evenly. Hofford is our 'head' OHL scout.

He isn't scouting for the Knights anymore.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
To me, not one of these picks seem like Dubas or Hunter.

Why bring Hunter in if we're not even going to look at the CHL?

Just a weird, weird draft. Can only hope for the best but doesn't feel great today.

Hunter is much more than the CHL.......... & that's his job.

buttman*

Fans get pissed when they draft someone without a Youtube highlight reel. Can't be good is no one has made a Youtube highlight reel.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Los Angeles drafts Michael Eyssimont, from St. Cloud State.

Don't know anything about him, other than his surname. Of Polish noble roots.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Holy...people need to step away, go outside and enjoy the beautiful day, getting way too emotionally invested in 3rd round and lower picks.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Some of us have been through this **** before when Burke was picking Biggs and Percy over skill players. When we wasted 2nds on guys like Ross and 3rds on McKegg.

We've been through all of this **** before. Of course we know better. We know the probability of guys picked based on size being better than those picked for their skill is not good. Management told us they understood this, and reinforced it last draft.

This is a slap in the face to the "direction" and to the fans.

do you know how many hours this guy has spent crisscrossing the globe in drafty arenas watching these players play so he could form an educated opinion and not just talk out his back side? Well, Im not sure, bit Im guessing a lot!

So everyone pat attention, LeafsRockForBabcock has been here before!!!

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
To me, not one of these picks seem like Dubas or Hunter.

Why bring Hunter in if we're not even going to look at the CHL?

Just a weird, weird draft. Can only hope for the best but doesn't feel great today.

You really have no idea how they draft do you? Both of these guys have drafted like this in the OHL. They both draft skill and projectable players to fill the team which is exactly what they're doing right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad