GDT: NHL Entry Draft Day IV - Round 2 On Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
So weird how when someone goes "I like this draft, looks good" people are fine with it. But when someone says "I don't know about this draft, weird picks, could be weak" everyone freaks out "wait and see!", "it takes time!", "Don't judge right away!".

Guess you can only judge a draft as it's happening if you like it. :rolleyes:

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
This isn't a damn thing wrong with a ****down D-man. You people need to give your heads a shake. Somebody has to actually defend.

Eisenh0rn

May 30, 2009
UK
GTFO here dude. Seriously? Yes, I never watched the dude who has 6 points, -40 something and is an over ager, but I can tell he won't be a top pairing D.

We had a ton of picks, we should be targeting high potential guys for team needs. LWers, RD, Goalies.

The only good picks from this draft have been Matthews and Woll. Other than that it's been throwing away multiple picks.

I bet the Russian guy won't even come over.

Sounds like your hormones are getting the better of you, no good will come of over reacting on a message board.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
God some people are salty :laugh:

Don't know how we can project busts a minute after the picks... you should totally work for the Leafs instead

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
This is all Hunter. People need to stop finding someone else to put their dislike of this draft on. He was your golden boy, you stand by him now.

I like to think it's a team effort. If the draft is a major bust outside of Matthews, it's on the whole gang, not Lamoriello, Hunter or anyone else specifically.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
I thought Hunter spends most of his time scouting CHL. We are none of these picks from there?

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
This is all Hunter. People need to stop finding someone else to put their dislike of this draft on. He was your golden boy, you stand by him now.

Yup.

Not liking the picks now, "oh, it must be someone else getting in the way" :laugh:

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
These don't feel like Mark Hunter picks. Gotta wonder if Lou has stuck his nose in there this year.

Hunter has always liked his gritty bigger players. He just knows you need a mix of skill and tough will do anything to win character guys to win. Drafted all skill last year and now getting some size and toughness this year. Its not like hes drafting pylons who dont know how to play. Marlies were missing players like theae guys this season.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Name me a single NHLer who has been a positive addition and made it who can't score? I don't look at stats, but I do look for the ability to generate some offense.

Tell me how many times you've seen anyone play other than Matthews.

You need to step away from the keyboard, fire up the milk and cookies, and get some air.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
Guys dont get caught up in these stupid rank lists. Those rankings change every damn month. A guy ranked 150 today could be 20th best next year. These guys are all still developing and some that are rated high may have hit their max while others may not have come close to theirs. Majority of you have never ever seen these guys play and simply just read something on the internet or watched a youtube clip... so just relax... these guys could very well end up being super solid picks so just wait and see instead of labelling their fate after just being drafted.

That's what happens when before the draft, you post your wish list, and then get emotionally invested in your own wish list:

1: Auston Matthews
31: Some guy ranked 20th on TSN's list
56: Some no name #583465
62: Some no name #957383
72: Some no name #573629

And then they get upset when we don't get that specific player. It's a good lesson for future drafts: get emotionally invested AFTER we draft our prospects.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Patrick Harper is a shifty little high schooler with apparently eye-popping skill. I was interested in getting him. Nashville gets him instead.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

i'm with you.
it's kind of hilarious.

Last year people were maaaaaadd because it was just OHL/CHL with a smattering of european flare, lots of skill but very small in stature

this year people are are maaaaaaad because it's all over the place, tall, work-horsey - some are projects, some are overage, and very little Canadian/OHLness.

we need to see how 2015's crop has to do. and we have to see how this crop does, we'll hope we've got some talent in BOTH years.

Drew75

Sep 5, 2005
My prediction is this:

Majority complains about the draft because the Leafs had the gall to listen to their scouts over the 'experts' on HF Boards who know a pick is bad because they haven't heard of them.

Most of the picks have great years next year, and now with people watching, suddenly it's considered a very good - solid draft.

Next year everyone forgets we've essentially been through the same thing two years in a row now, and again complain about all the picks, question Hunters ability, etc...

:laugh:

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I like to think it's a team effort. If the draft is a major bust outside of Matthews, it's on the whole gang, not Lamoriello, Hunter or anyone else specifically.

I agree. Just funny to see people make excuses like someone is actually taking his hands off the wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad