GDT: NHL DRAFT | Saturday, June 25th, 8am MT (NHLNET, SN) | Round 2-7

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I like it for the Leafs. It's weird, I feel like I've been saying that a lot lately with their moves. I don't think they gave up anything of value here.

It's the Lou factor. He's great at working trades.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Leafs are gambling on upside with the trades and their drafting. Lots of Russians. Lots of smaller players. Lots of players that might have question marks about their character.

If they hit on some of them, they'll have good players.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
It's a shame they passed on the superior goalie in Berdin. Shoot, even Sawchenko is still out there. Maybe a camp invite is in order there.

If he wanted a Swedish goalie hey there's Daniel Marmenlind!

Edit: The camp invites have begun to go out for goalies as well. Stephen Dhillon has been invited to the Red Wings camp. He's my 14th ranked guy.

Last edited:

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Just realized now that Philly walked away with both Rubtsov and Laberge. Jealous AF.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Here is how I rate/feel about our picks for where they were picked:

Jost - A+
Morrison - A
Anderson - D (the only reason I'm not given an F is because I tend to trust the Avs' scouts so I am still hopeful...but yeah I'm not happy)
Werner - B- (like the size and he had a great year. Also read that he has improved every years so far so let's see how it turns out)
Clurman - B+
Barron - B+ (Like the potential. Another Nantel?)

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014

Jost - A+
Morrison - A
Anderson - D (the only reason I'm not given an F is because I tend to trust the Avs' scouts so I am still hopeful...but yeah I'm not happy)
Werner - B- (like the size and he had a great year. Also read that he has improved every years so far so let's see how it turns out)
Clurman - B+

Nailed it.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003

Jost - A+
Morrison - A
Clurman - B+

I'd give Morrison a B. I like the player type and he seems to have done well at a lower level but there should be plenty of question marks at this point. Just as there were with Greer.

I like the pick though. When you get a player like that it's almost as if you hedge your bet. If they don't pan out offensively you still have a chance to get a role player because they have the size and work ethic.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
No problem with what you are saying. The reason why I went with an A is because he was USHL rookie of the year which to me brings up his potential but besides that I agree with you.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'll go

Jost A+
Morrison A-
Anderson C
Werner B
Clurman B+
Barron B+

I wanted Brown but Jost is a great pick, Morrison was a bit off my radar but in the same vein of the forwards I would have picked, I'll give Anderson a chance and won't go lower until I actually see him first, don't k ow much about Werner but sounds like he has some talent, the last two guys sound like they have upside for where they were picked.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Kevin Goff went out and found some quotes on this Werner kid.

Werner Quotes

I´ve known Adam since he was 16 and I brought him to Farjestad for hockey-gymasium. He is a calm and smart young man. I loved working with him because he was committed to learning every day and very coachable. As a goalie he reads the game well. Great size obviously and uses both cover/block and being reactive and active. He often performs at his best in high-pressure games. Excellent draft-choice by the Avalanche. – Erik Granqvist

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I like the "very coachable" part. Allaire is a fantastic goalie coach and I always look forward to the strides a goaltender will make when he gets serious time with them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad