Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

102418263.0.jpg

"I've had it with this kid."

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
It all depends where your team is. Colorado is clearly drafting for their current window and you can see they are building something special there. Sakic has gone from perceived buffoon to a genius.

Pens are most definitely drafting for another window though.

Crosby I think will age well and be a late career Yzerman type that you can win cups with. However, I’m not as confident in Letang and Malkin aging well.

I think this current window will close in two years, the debt will have to be paid for a couple years, and then a small window may open up for Crosby again in his mid to late 30s if the new GM does his job well.

It’s possible it could play out that way for Sid. If we keep our picks the next few years the debt you speak of will be less painful.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Speaking of keeping picks, I'd like to point out a part of the draft where we definitely did well was producing future trade chips. Poulin is a respectable 1st with a rare skill set on a team that should make him shine more as it gets stronger. Legare is a steal in terms of trade value if he keeps progressing. The Juddernaut doesn't bring anything interesting, but even the 7th round selections might end up interesting, because if you're going to get something for them, pick late bloomers who've just started doing interesting things.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Did anyone noteworthy go undrafted that might be worth a camp invite?

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Just show up with your gear and see what happens. What are they gonna do, beat your ass?

Go the “Raphael Route”.

A stranger crashes Habs' practice

Montreal Canadiens goaltender Jose Theodore got a shock yesterday, when a stranger in full hockey equipment jumped on the ice during the National Hockey League team's practice and shot a puck at him.

The 28-year-old man from Montreal, who would only say his name was Raphael, went onto the Verdun Auditorium ice when most of the Habs players were at the far end of the rink.

Wearing skates, full gear and a plain white hockey jersey, the man skated in on the star goalie with a stick and a puck. He was poke-checked on his first attempt and Theodore then stopped a weak wrist shot to the high glove side.

"I poke-checked him to say 'You have to keep your head up.' When he came back, I thought about going out of the net and not playing into his game, but then I thought he had the [courage] to go on the ice, so I let him have a free shot at me," Theodore said.

"He couldn't beat me. That's the main thing."

While waiting for the police to arrive, Raphael told reporters that while Theodore is a "great goalie," he didn't score because "I didn't have time.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Did anyone noteworthy go undrafted that might be worth a camp invite?

Kid named Xavier Simoneau who went ppg in the Q and who some places had in the top 100, but I think he's already accepted an invite to Toronto's camp. Curious to see if they consider inviting Tristan Langan, the overager who scored a crapton with Almeida - they've got to have a good idea of whether there's anything sustainable in that at the next level.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I honestly think Letang will be fine. People said he was done this year after last and look at what he did.

I see him being as effective as Keith is moving forward.

Keith is a 2nd pairing D at this point. If Letang is that next year, we're toast.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Keith is a 2nd pairing D at this point. If Letang is that next year, we're toast.

Keith at 35 is a 2nd pairing D.

Letang is going to be 33 heading into the playoffs next year. That gives him two more years and then we make a choice on whether to keep him or not. Not to mention there will be a lockout which will most likely extend Letang’s career simply due to taking that time off.

If he ages like Keith, we just need to get an effective # 3 D ala Gustafsson that has top pairing potential. That gives you a core of Dumo, Letang and Pettersson as a #4-5.

Burn

Mar 24, 2018
Does anyone know of the camp invites?

I think the Pens get theae kids in right away. Prospects game is on Friday right?

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Does anyone know of the camp invites?

I think the Pens get theae kids in right away. Prospects game is on Friday right?

Some teams have started announcing theirs so I think we'll hear in the next few days.

Burn

Mar 24, 2018
Some teams have started announcing theirs so I think we'll hear in the next few days.
Yeah but the prospects game is this Friday. Isnt it usually a week long?

It used to be the week after 4th of July. Now it seems rushed so everyone can get to vaca.

Pens need to draft develope and show case the city. They're setting up now for the post Crosby Malkin era.

We shouldnt go through another Steve McKenna type captaincy... Ever again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad