GDT: NHL Draft Part Duex

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Yeah but the prospects game is this Friday. Isnt it usually a week long?

It used to be the week after 4th of July. Now it seems rushed so everyone can get to vaca.

Pens need to draft develope and show case the city. They're setting up now for the post Crosby Malkin era.

We shouldnt go through another Steve McKenna type captaincy... Ever again.

Three days. 26th-28th. We only announced our roster the day before last time.

Reactions: Burn

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Yeah but the prospects game is this Friday. Isnt it usually a week long?

It used to be the week after 4th of July. Now it seems rushed so everyone can get to vaca.

Pens need to draft develope and show case the city. They're setting up now for the post Crosby Malkin era.

We shouldnt go through another Steve McKenna type captaincy... Ever again.

Pens Development Camp, that is all the details released so far, it is a 3 day event with the 3 on 3 prospect tournament on Friday. Invites happen as soon as the draft is done so next few days we will find out who we've invited.

I assume there will also a Prospect camp just before training camp, think last year we went to the Buffalo prospect tournament and got smoked in all 3 games. Should have a much better roster for that this year though.

Reactions: td_ice

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Pens Development Camp, that is all the details released so far, it is a 3 day event with the 3 on 3 prospect tournament on Friday. Invites happen as soon as the draft is done so next few days we will find out who we've invited.

I assume there will also a Prospect camp just before training camp, think last year we went to the Buffalo prospect tournament and got smoked in all 3 games. Should have a much better roster for that this year though.

The Buffalo prospect tournament is on again, Sept 6-9.

Reactions: wej20

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
The Buffalo prospect tournament is on again, Sept 6-9.

Poulin - Lafferty - Angello
Bjorkqvist - Bellerive - Legare
Miletic - Almeida - Lucchini
Drozg - XXX - Puustinen

Almari - Addison
Phillips - Airola
XXX-Birks

Much improved on last year's roster. I'm assuming Hallander and Palojarvi will both be in Europe and none of the college guys will attend (Caufield, Pavlychev, Jones, Reilly and Gorman).

Also looked back at last years invites, apart from Renars Krastenbergs (Elite name) and Cédric Lacroix who were two of the Nailers better players none of the others have done very much.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

PAJEN NORDGREN

Jul 23, 2018
Stockholm
Drozg - XXX - Puustinen

Almari - Addison
Phillips - Airola
XXX-Birks

Much improved on last year's roster. I'm assuming Hallander and Palojarvi will both be in Europe and none of the college guys will attend (Caufield, Pavlychev, Jones, Reilly and Gorman).

Also looked back at last years invites, apart from Renars Krastenbergs (Elite name) and Cédric Lacroix who were two of the Nailers better players none of the others have done very much.
Hållander will attend according to Swedish newspapers. Will be interesting to see how he developed since last camp.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Drozg - XXX - Puustinen

Almari - Addison
Phillips - Airola
XXX-Birks

I always try to catch this tournament, even though you have to jump through hoops to find streams unfortunately. Way more interesting guys to get a look at this year than last for sure.

Going to have my eyes on Poulin, Almari, Almedia, Bjork, Hållander and Legare.

Seen most of the rest so won’t be too many surprises with that group. Maybe would like to see Bellervie stand out for once when I watch him.

Reactions: BHD and Burn

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Hållander will attend according to Swedish newspapers. Will be interesting to see how he developed since last camp.

Development camp or prospects tournament? Because its standard to invite all the Euros to Development Camp, but for them to be busy with their own team's pre-seasons for the prospects tournament, although Palojarvi did appear last year in the prospects.

rickardr

Oct 10, 2016
Sweden
Development camp or prospects tournament? Because its standard to invite all the Euros to Development Camp, but for them to be busy with their own team's pre-seasons for the prospects tournament, although Palojarvi did appear last year in the prospects.
Development camp

Reactions: Peat

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Development camp

Tack.

I am perversely more interested in outsiders at the camp than our own guys - if they had guys they rated so highly at the end of the 7th, I feel like there must have been quite a lot of their board undrafted, and maybe that'll translate to some free agents and I'm greedy. I'd focus more on our own guys come the prospects challenge.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I always try to catch this tournament, even though you have to jump through hoops to find streams unfortunately. Way more interesting guys to get a look at this year than last for sure.

Seen most of the rest so won’t be too many surprises with that group. Maybe would like to see Bellervie stand out for once when I watch him.

I think Buffalo streams their games so we should at least be able to see 1 game. Bellerive's performance at this tournament helped him get signed so hopefully he can do well again, and maybe a couple of the invites stand out enough to get ELCs.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh

And i eagerly await your report. :nod:

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Just noticed none of the players we drafted this year was even invited to the WJC summer camps.

Not even our 1st rounder got an invite. But a lot of players drafted lower than him this year were invited. Our scouts see something the others dont? Or did they screw the pick up as a lot of us stated right away?

Reactions: Burn

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Allvin mentiond that Airola will be at the WJC camp.

Oh hey cool, Addison's getting another shot too.

Canada didn't invite many 01 birth year players in general (shock and surprise) and the lowest picked forward invited this year was Lavoie, who was a major faller. McMichael, Pelletier, Tracey - they all went uninvited too. It's not exactly a surprise (although yes, guys picked lower did go) and means SFA at this juncture. Oh wait, hang on, overager Luka Burzan got invited too, lets all go cut ourselves and listen to The Cure.

Reactions: td_ice

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

With Bjorkqvist, Almeida, and Pavlychev injured, that's 3 of our most interesting prospects out, which unfortunately is just expected at this point.

Hallander should be the most interesting to watch. Bellerive, Poulin, and Legare follow for me.

farscape1

Jun 22, 2010
Pittsburgh
With Bjorkqvist, Almeida, and Pavlychev injured, that's 3 of our most interesting prospects out, which unfortunately is just expected at this point.

Hallander should be the most interesting to watch. Bellerive, Poulin, and Legare follow for me.
Any word on injuries of those 3?

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Does anyone know why Angello isn’t going to the camp?

Someone pointed out in the other thread that the prospects who played a full year in WB/S weren't on the roster. My guess is the organization already has good communication with them and they need some time to recover/rehab after the season, so it's better to send them home and get some fresh faces in.

Reactions: Andy99

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I honestly think Letang will be fine. People said he was done this year after last and look at what he did.

I see him being as effective as Keith is moving forward.

When Kris Letang loses a step, he will lose his greatest asset, because unlike Keith, it isn't his hockey sense. Letang is the one guy in our core I'd keep the closest eye on because he has the greatest potential to be a drag on the cap when the wheels fall off.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Addison and Hallander are the next couple of guys that I think have the ability to do what Rust and Guentzel did a couple of years ago. Shots in the arm in a mid-season call up. I hope they have made some strides.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad