GDT: NHL Draft Lottery Phase 1 - June 26th - 8PM ET - NBCSN/NHLN/Sportsnet/TVAS

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Exactly, no one who has the slightest understand of the lottery odds should be surprised by either a placeholder team winning 1OA or Detroit dropping to fourth.

Detroit's chances of dropping to 4th were over 50%

Look, this shit happens every year. People complain how it's rigged, even though they upload a video of the actual draw. That should eliminate all doubt, but after a few years, I have learned to lower my expectations of people's ability to understand this

Reactions: Aerchon

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Detroit's chances of dropping to 4th were over 50%

Look, this shit happens every year. People complain how it's rigged, even though they upload a video of the actual draw. That should eliminate all doubt, but after a few years, I have learned to lower my expectations of people's ability to understand this

I think there is just a large number of drama queens on these boards who are constantly looking for something to be outraged about.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Told myself I’d be ok with getting at least one top 3 pick. Nothing really good happens to this franchise, so I’ll take it.
Well, fortunately its a deep draft, so the Senators should at least get a couple of good players out of it. Odd to see a situation where the 17th best (seeded) team potentially gets #1 overall though.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Having E&Y audit/monitor the lottery means jack squat. Anybody can be bought or be negligent or be incompetent.
Remember Arthur Andersen?
yes, and if you're an auditor you'd know after that the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 was put into place. Things are a lot different than they used to be.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
The league came up with so many tricks to prevent the oilers from picking first overall. You guys just watch. If the oilers get eliminated, all fans that are non-oilers will be biting their nails watching the balls bounce. Daley will hold the cards and right when he sees the card, he will truly have a "WTF" face and drops the card. Elliot Friedman will walk over and pick up that card with a gold trim surrounding the oilers logo and he will fall on his ass.

This is coming. All yoy guys coming up with these penguins, leafs and blackhawks scenarios are dreaming.

Taylor Hall will tweet some shit in disbelief and return to the oilers with a hometown discount.

Mcdavid, Draisaitl, Hall, Lafreniere, Bouchard on the powerplay. This is more lethal than Lemieux, Jagr, Kovalev,Stratka and Tarnstrom. That penguins powerplay was ridiculous. I still recall getting all giddy each time they stepped on as i had lemieux, kovalev and stratka on my hockey pool.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
So with so many unknowns left to go. The first pick will be one of these if what if happens.

You guys know that the ones with the highest percent to win always never win it? Bob Mackenzie basically listed all the teams that WON'T win it. Hahaha. No oilers in that list meaning they will win it. Team of destiny for 1st OA just got one step closer to picking first.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
You guys know that the ones with the highest percent to win always never win it? Bob Mackenzie basically listed all the teams that WON'T win it. Hahaha. No oilers in that list meaning they will win it. Team of destiny for 1st OA just got one step closer to picking first.

What are you talking about? McKenzie's tweet was listing the eight teams (and their regular season points percentage) that will take part in the second lottery if and only if the return to play does not happen. Each of those teams would have a 12.5% chance of winning the pick. There was nothing about any team being more likely to win it. If the return to play does not happen, the Oilers cannot win the pick because they won't even be in the drawing.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
I'm still shocked that the Kings ended up 2nd. I thought for sure that 7 game winning streak screwed our chances at the end.

Reactions: Osprey

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
I'm still shocked that the Kings ended up 2nd. I thought for sure that 7 game winning streak screwed our chances at the end.
Similar thing happened to the Jets when they moved up to draft Laine.

Sometimes the Hockey Gods reward those that compete until the very end!

Reactions: ibleedkings

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
The league came up with so many tricks to prevent the oilers from picking first overall. You guys just watch. If the oilers get eliminated, all fans that are non-oilers will be biting their nails watching the balls bounce. Daley will hold the cards and right when he sees the card, he will truly have a "WTF" face and drops the card. Elliot Friedman will walk over and pick up that card with a gold trim surrounding the oilers logo and he will fall on his ass.

This is coming. All yoy guys coming up with these penguins, leafs and blackhawks scenarios are dreaming.

Taylor Hall will tweet some shit in disbelief and return to the oilers with a hometown discount.

Mcdavid, Draisaitl, Hall, Lafreniere, Bouchard on the powerplay. This is more lethal than Lemieux, Jagr, Kovalev,Stratka and Tarnstrom. That penguins powerplay was ridiculous. I still recall getting all giddy each time they stepped on as i had lemieux, kovalev and stratka on my hockey pool.
Dude, the Oilers have won enough 1st overall picks alright, they won the powerball of all lotteries in McDavid whereas teams like the Calgary Flames have never even picked in the top 3 of the draft. I mean seriously, Gretzky, Messier, McDavid, all the other 1st overalls, the luck is unbelievable.

I can only imagine the calls and messages that Daley and Bettman had to take after the McDavid sweepstakes. I’m sure the 2 are still scarred from experience. So if the league tries to take lady luck out of the equation who just so happens to be so fond of the Oilers, I’m not surprised.

JuneauRiley05

Feb 12, 2020
For those who think this was rigged or any other lottery for that matter, please explain how they could pull it off. They literally release the video of the lottery taking place. I want to hear the conspiracies

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
For those who think this was rigged or any other lottery for that matter, please explain how they could pull it off. They literally release the video of the lottery taking place. I want to hear the conspiracies
For sure, and the rival GM's would have to be in on it if it were rigged

Reactions: Dominance

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
What are you talking about? McKenzie's tweet was listing the eight teams (and their regular season points percentage) that will take part in the second lottery if and only if the return to play does not happen. Each of those teams would have a 12.5% chance of winning the pick. There was nothing about any team being more likely to win it. If the return to play does not happen, the Oilers cannot win the pick because they won't even be in the drawing.
Guess what. The return to play will happen and the list bobby mac just put up basically jinxed each and everyone one of them on that list. This leaves the canucks and oilers with the best shot. It is all about the jinxing part. Chances are the canucks win the first round and the oilers may well lose to patrick kane and the blackhawks.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Dude, the Oilers have won enough 1st overall picks alright, they won the powerball of all lotteries in McDavid whereas teams like the Calgary Flames have never even picked in the top 3 of the draft. I mean seriously, Gretzky, Messier, McDavid, all the other 1st overalls, the luck is unbelievable.

I can only imagine the calls and messages that Daley and Bettman had to take after the McDavid sweepstakes. I’m sure the 2 are still scarred from experience. So if the league tries to take lady luck out of the equation who just so happens to be so fond of the Oilers, I’m not surprised.
Winning enough first pick does not mean they cannot win this one. Sucks for you that you may well see the oilers gold card come up in about a month's time.

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013

If Edmonton wins the lottery they will be the biggest farce in sports.

Losing to the lowly hawks in the play-in series, missing the playoffs again with McDavid and Drysaddle putting up a Herculean season, and winning yet another first overall

I don’t even know how you fans could even show your face around here. That series of events would be monumentally embarrassing.

JuneauRiley05

Feb 12, 2020
Guess what. The return to play will happen and the list bobby mac just put up basically jinxed each and everyone one of them on that list. This leaves the canucks and oilers with the best shot. It is all about the jinxing part. Chances are the canucks win the first round and the oilers may well lose to patrick kane and the blackhawks.
If the oilers lose that series to those old Blackhawks they are a joke lol

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes