D-Day!

My target list in order from the 11th selection if still on the board

1.Cossa
2.Walkstedt
3.Chibrikov
4 Coronato*
5.Sillinger
6 Lucius

If by a miracle McTavish was still on the board he would be my pick at #11...but only miniscule chance that happens...he will not last past #10and probably goes top 5-6...

* I value Coronato and Vhibrikov equally but I would not wait 4 years for Corobato to graduate Harvard beforevhebokays pro.

I think Chibrikov could be in the NHL after a yearvor two depending on his vontract situation.

But may Stan is willing to add Coronato as a Kane replacement after the then (after 4 more years) geezer Kane starts his decline out of the top 2vkines...but most GMs do nit think that farxagead.

If Coronato told teams in interviews that he woukd be willing to leave Harvard after 2 seasons if he torched NCAA completion,that woukd be a different story...but otherwise team taking him has a long ETA waiting.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Reports are saying Jones trade doesn't involve Cat or Dach...still not excited over losing assets for Jones when we can go out and just sign Suter and Hamilton/whoever. Suter does the things Keith did right and I would imagine love to stick it to the Wild and stay in the division.

On the draft front I think Hawks are locked in to either Johnson if there or more likely Lucius who is a complete stud and goal scoring monster. Knee issues are clean now, plenty of time to get stronger and work on skating next 2 years.

He would be my pick honestly.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
That is awful trade

To take on Holtby cap dump to move up two spots is dumb

don't think its an awful deal at all, its a one year deal for a goalie they could potentially allow to start again and flip at the deadline for a couple picks...and in addition to that they move up into the top 10 and potentially draft a higher end forward/defenseman depending on how the board plays out

needle

Apr 30, 2012
I don't see anything exciting today. Just the Hawks making their pick at #11.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
That is awful trade

To take on Holtby cap dump to move up two spots is dumb

Eh it’s just one year and I’m not sure Vancouver needs to dump him for any reason really. I don’t think he’s stopping them from extending anyone else and they’re more than his cap hit away from contending.

Basically trash for trash to move up two slots. I’m down. Someone in the draft always falls. We could get a steal at 9 that might not be there at 11.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
I have a feeling we’re gonna trade 11 to CBJ. And the draft tonight will end up being very boring.

But hey, Seth Jones…

I know I’ve been all over the place on this Jones trade. but I think I’m leaning towards pass. Is this current roster a Seth Jones away from being a contender? No, not even close really.

Reichel, Boqvist and whoever we take tonight are massive pieces to the future of this roster. Long after Jones is past his prime.

This feels like Bowman getting desperate to get this team into the playoffs.

End of rant. But I’m officially on the don't trade for Jones side.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Eh it’s just one year and I’m not sure Vancouver needs to dump him for any reason really. I don’t think he’s stopping them from extending anyone else and they’re more than his cap hit away from contending.

Basically trash for trash to move up two slots. I’m down. Someone in the draft always falls. We could get a steal at 9 that might not be there at 11.

Pettersson is probably going to come in at at least 8M per. They only have 3 dmen signed going into next year. If they get Pettersson at 8M, that leaves them with 7M in cap space to sign Hughes and fill out the rest of their roster, that'll likely need 3 more dmen and 3 more forwards. Fair to say they're in a pinch. The only good thing is that both Pettersson and Hughes are RFAs, and Hughes is offer-sheet ineligible.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

I would be fine taking on Holtby but not for the price of simply moving up two spots

4M+ in cap room for Nucks should cost more then moving up two f***ing spots

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I have a feeling we’re gonna trade 11 to CBJ. And the draft tonight will end up being very boring.

But hey, Seth Jones…

I know I’ve been all over the place on this Jones trade. but I think I’m leaning towards pass. Is this current roster a Seth Jones away from being a contender? No, not even close really.

Reichel, Boqvist and whoever we take tonight are massive pieces to the future of this roster. Long after Jones is past his prime.

This feels like Bowman getting desperate to get this team into the playoffs.

End of rant. But I’m officially on the don't trade for Jones side.
11 in this draft is far from a guarantee. I have no issues trading it. It’s the other things in a trade that scare me.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA