GDT: NHL Draft 7/23 R1 7pm ESPN 7/24 R2-7 Nhl Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
so they pick coronato tomorrow right? based on absolutely nothing other than the setting for episode 1

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Aside from Tampa, who has won a Cup since say 2000 with a top 3 paid goalie? Genuinely curious. My guess would be not many teams.

this just in its hard to win when you have high salaries players. Your point is pretty shit when you can easily flip it to just high salaried players and it still carries home the same point you missed.

Chicago hasn’t won a real playoff round since Kane and Toews contracts gutted their depth.

leafs and Oilers are unable to even win a round due to their depth being weaker with their superstars

same with Pit when Crosby and malkin were taking up 35% of their cap after 2010

high salaries players take up depth and make teams weaker this isn’t just a goalie issue like you are making it out to be

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Ran a mock sim this morning
vfT5dEM.jpg

Looking damn good

Reactions: jls24

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
We had our draft zoom last night on stream.

The Hawks are taking Cossa if they don’t trade the pick. If he’s gone it’s going to be Lambos.

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
I think a mock draft involving chicago is moot. I think Chicago is going to do something colossally stupid and trade a bunch of assets for Jones. Ah well.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
I think a mock draft involving chicago is moot. I think Chicago is going to do something colossally stupid and trade a bunch of assets for Jones. Ah well.

I can live with a deal that looks like Strome, Mitchell and our 1st for Jones. Anything more than that would be a tough deal.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Agreed. I would sign up for Strome, Mitchell and next year's 1st .....I would also toss in our first round pick for their 25th and 31st since I want to move back in the draft.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I hope Seth Jones gets traded soon (to us or wherever) just so there'll be no more Rieder, Halak + 2nd type proposals.

Horrible to read these lowballs on and on for months now.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Have to remember, we can't extend Jones until July 28th, so it's unlikely our pick this year will be involved.

Not sure why that would matter. As long as he agrees to the framework of an extension with CHI, that's all they'll want. I'd imagine the reason the rumor is heating up last night/today is bc CBJ wants another 1st this year and the deadline to get that done is tonight.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Have to remember, we can't extend Jones until July 28th, so it's unlikely our pick this year will be involved.
Also Columbus already has three first round picks this year so you gotta think they want one for next year.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Actually, it's direct slap to Jarmos' face to think he would accept that deal.

Yes, yes everyone hates Strome and he's bad. Once upon a time Brent Burns and 2nd round pick were traded for Devin Setoguchi, Charlie Coyle and a late 1st round pick (28th). Strome, Mitchell and 11th overall is a better package.

That's a direct slap to my face

I didn't even realize how hard that trade would be for you haha.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
These mocks are getting me excited for this weekend. This draft is filled with interesting projects.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Not sure why that would matter. As long as he agrees to the framework of an extension with CHI, that's all they'll want. I'd imagine the reason the rumor is heating up last night/today is bc CBJ wants another 1st this year and the deadline to get that done is tonight.
I don't believe they have given him permission to talk to other teams about a future contract (I don't think they are allowed to, until July 28th).

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
I don't believe they have given him permission to talk to other teams about a future contract (I don't think they are allowed to, until July 28th).

I don't think Jones' agent has been given permission to talk to other teams either. However, the rules stipulate that you can't sign an extension more than a year out. It doesn't bar teams from negotiating the framework of a deal beforehand.

Of course, not allowing CHI (or other teams) to discuss a contract extension with Jones' camp would only hurt the value CBJ would get from a team interested in acquiring him, so in the end it only makes sense for a contract extension to be agreed to prior to any trade being completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad