NHL.com Game of the Decade: Game 7 vs Boston 2013

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
EDIT: Sorry, thought this was on the main board for some reason.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
I mean this is the same league where the Commissioner openly takes shots at us in the media so I shouldn’t be surprised.

Damn I can’t wait until this franchise wins a Cup. Forget winning with grace, rub it in everyone’s stupid face.

Embarrassing that the Leafs have kept so many franchises afloat with revenue sharing and this league has the gall to disrespect the team time and time again. Remember our 100th and we didn’t get half the stuff the Canadiens got? Complete BS.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I mean this is the same league where the Commissioner openly takes shots at us in the media so I shouldn’t be surprised.

Damn I can’t wait until this franchise wins a Cup. Forget winning with grace, rub it in everyone’s stupid face.

Embarrassing that the Leafs have kept so many franchises afloat with revenue sharing and this league has the gall to disrespect the team time and time again. Remember our 100th and we didn’t get half the stuff the Canadiens got? Complete BS.
I remember Bill Daly said the Leafs would be recognized for their 100th anniversary and I don't believe they did. Hell at the Centennial Classic which the NHL used to celebrate the leagues 100th anniversary, I remember when the Leafs were introduced as also celebrating 100 years when it was announced by Mike Ross.

I also remember the Leafs not hosting the draft in 2017 which you think they should have got considering Montreal had it in 2009 for their 100 years and hell Montreal's hosting it again this year.

Plus Montreal hosted the All Star Game as well in 2009 and in 2017 it went to Los Angels for their 50th anniversary, despite them hosting it in 2002.

NHL1995

Dec 9, 2019
That game was a nightmare. I don't want to think about it.

I was 100% sure we won the game and somehow we found a way to lose. Ugh.

But I get why the NHL chose it.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015

This franchise deserves all the mockery it gets, and much much more.

It’s just so leafs. They don’t simply lose in game 7. And it’s not merely losing after having a lead in the third. No. That’s not our leafs.
What do our leafs do? They lose with the most legendary and pathetic game 7 collapse spanning all nhl history.

And now it’s voted game of the decade. It’s just so embarrassing being a fan of this team. I have no idea why any of us even do it.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario

It’s just so leafs. They don’t simply lose in game 7. And it’s not merely losing after having a lead in the third. No. That’s not our leafs.
What do our leafs do? They lose with the most legendary and pathetic game 7 collapse spanning all nhl history.

And now it’s voted game of the decade. It’s just so embarrassing being a fan of this team. I have no idea why any of us even do it.
Thankfully no one currently on the Leafs roster was apart of that Game 7.

Also I will say again even with that blown call between Vegas and San Jose, just like Toronto did we also saw Vegas blow a 3 goal lead in a Game 7. Hell they also blew a 3-1 series lead which makes it even worse.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The way the NHL seems to constantly poke fun at the Toronto Maple Leafs just underscores how much of an insignificant house league it can be sometimes.

When Gary Bettman takes pot shots at the Leafs, it's like even he knows the only people really taking this product seriously and paying attention are somehow connected to Toronto.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
The way the NHL seems to constantly poke fun at the Toronto Maple Leafs just underscores how much of an insignificant house league it can be sometimes.

When Gary Bettman takes pot shots at the Leafs, it's like even he knows the only people really taking this product seriously and paying attention are somehow connected to Toronto.
If the roles were reversed and it was Toronto who defeated Boston in 2018 and 2019 would Bettman said what he did about the playoff format? Keep in mind that Jeremy Jacobs who owns the Bruins is Chairman of the Board of Governors and they decide to keep or fire him.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008

So exit door left?

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
I remember Bill Daly said the Leafs would be recognized for their 100th anniversary and I don't believe they did. Hell at the Centennial Classic which the NHL used to celebrate the leagues 100th anniversary, I remember when the Leafs were introduced as also celebrating 100 years when it was announced by Mike Ross.

I also remember the Leafs not hosting the draft in 2017 which you think they should have got considering Montreal had it in 2009 for their 100 years and hell Montreal's hosting it again this year.

Plus Montreal hosted the All Star Game as well in 2009 and in 2017 it went to Los Angels for their 50th anniversary, despite them hosting it in 2002.

I know if I were running their show I would have out and out refused to take part in any of their outdoor games and such. Sucks for some fans, I suppose but when the league you keep afloat continually treats you as an after thought, I wouldn't ever be doing them any favours.

18leafsfan18

Jul 28, 2012
Ontario
That game... Maybe the worst I've ever felt as a fan of this team.

Can we really argue that it's the game of the Decade though ?

It was a game 7. Boston down by 3 with 10 min left. They came back to win in overtime.

In every single view (Except a Leafs fan) is absolutely the best game of the decade.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Meh. I'd say that a Game of the Decade should actually be a good one. Some insane back and forth affair with tons of action. That Game 7 was basically just Boston being meek and almost throwing the game away, and then Leafs going to sleep and folding. It's not exactly a game that you show someone to show how great the sport can be. It's just a good storyline.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
That game... Maybe the worst I've ever felt as a fan of this team.

Can we really argue that it's the game of the Decade though ?

It was a game 7. Boston down by 3 with 10 min left. They came back to win in overtime.

In every single view (Except a Leafs fan) is absolutely the best game of the decade.
The argument is that the best game of the decade would apparently be a game that was not very interesting, well-played, or exciting through the first 50 minutes.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Another dick move by Gary d........k. I am sure Jacobs hatched it up. Those 2 guys probably got a good chuckle on phone over it. Such amatuer hour house league stuff. Keep on f*****king over our Leafs Gary. It is going to come back to bite you. Karma is a B*tch. Toronto is a changin and you'll be sorry you keep doing this kinda sh****t. You keep takin shots at your golden goose.

Reactions: bearcountry17

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Nobody cares about VGK/SJ.

Two Original 6 franchises with one of them being involved in this greatest Game 7 meltdown in league history. Yes, that game is deserving of being the Game of the Decade.

Let’s face it, if we won that game the same way the Bruins won no one here would have a problem with this choice. It sucks but what can we do until this franchise finally discovers how to stop embarrassing themselves/us

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
So in 10 years, the NHL can't find a showcase game where two teams slugged it out and both can be proud of their efforts regardless of the result?

e.g. N.Y. Rangers 2, Washington 1, 2012 conference semifinal, 54:41 of OT

Or one of many milestone games

Hawks win their first cup in 49 years
Blues win their first cup ever
LA Kings win their first cup ever
Matthews score 4 goals in his first ever NHL game

Instead they select a game in which one of their franchises was completely humiliated.

Ha ha, so funny :sarcasm:

Just another example of why the league is considered second rate.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00