NHL.com Game of the Decade: Game 7 vs Boston 2013

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
How is the Hawks/Bruins game 6 of the same playoffs not more important than that? This is ridiculous.
Maybe they think more people will talk about since Toronto was involved. Although that Game 6 between the Blackhawks and Bruins is actually a worse choke job by the Bruins, because they had lead late in the 3rd period and about to force a Game 7. Instead the Blackhawks scored 2 goals in 17 seconds to win the Stanley Cup.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Game 7 in the first round vs cup clinching final minute comeback/choke job?

If anything the SJ comeback last year against the Knights was even bigger than that IMO.
I don't think the NHL would have picked Vegas and San Jose because of that blown call on the 5:00 minute major.

However like the Leafs did the Golden Knights also blew a 3 goal 3rd period lead in a Game 7 and despite the controversy that fact didn't get the attention it should have.

Reactions: Stamkos4life

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Game 7 in the first round vs cup clinching final minute comeback/choke job?
It went from elimination to moving on to the next round. Chicago was never in a state to be eliminated.

Given the stakes and way the game was played, it makes sense to vote that as the game of the decade.

If anything the SJ comeback last year against the Knights was even bigger than that IMO.
Not sure the NHL wants to draw attention to that questionable call.

Reactions: Stamkos4life

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
It went from elimination to moving on to the next round. Chicago was never in a state to be eliminated.
The Bruins were about to force a Game 7 in the Stanley Cup Final and all of the sudden in 17 seconds the Blackhawks went onto winning it themselves. I think that's the point @MSZ and myself are trying to make.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
...and Chicago wasn't. It's not "choke job of the century" it's game of the century

@LeafsNation75
Obviously the Leafs blowing a 4-1 lead was a bigger choke. However some people like to see the Bruins blowing their 2-1 lead in Game 6 of a Stanley Cup Final as a bigger choke because they lost their chance to win it all in a Game 7. I even believe Tuukka Rask said now we know how Toronto felt when they did it to them.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
What about game 7 Boston vs Philadelphia 2010?

Philly closed a 3-0 series lead, Boston went up 3-0 in game 7, and Philly came back and won that.

But I'm not surprised - the NHL is openly marketing hatred towards the Leafs.
Using that same logic what about Los Angels vs San Jose in 2014, since the Kings also came back from a 3-0 series deficit. The one difference between them and the Flyers in 2010, Los Angels went onto win the Stanley Cup and the Flyers lost to the Blackhawks in the Finals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad