NHL.com 3/4 Season Award Tracker

severian

Aug 19, 2007
Westfield
It pains me to say this, but I'd probably have Giroux winning the Hart with Kucherov and Hall being the other nominees.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
Where are you going with this? That your team is trash and the only reason you are in first is because of Kucherov?

Not trash. We would not be in first place, and likely out of the playoffs without Kucherov.

Just tired of the stacked team crap. It's just not true.

Last edited:

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Not trash. We would not be in first place, and likely out of the playoffs without Kucherov.

Just tired of the stacked team crap. It's just not true.

So you're saying you have a team that would be out of the Playoffs while having both a Norris defender and a Vezina goalie?

SDBondra

Jul 24, 2005
Nobody will vote for Ovechkin but he’s going to win the Richard, be within 10 points of the Art Ross, and the Caps would be lucky to win 20 games without him. Down year for Backstrom, Oshie and Holtby. Vrana and Burakovsky not making expected progress. Two rookie defensemen. One of the toughest schedules in the league with a ton of back-to-back games and no long homestand to speak of. And yet they are in first place by a hair. It’s all Ovie this year. He’s carrying the Caps more than ever.

Reactions: Permidal

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Nobody will vote for Ovechkin but he’s going to win the Richard, be within 10 points of the Art Ross, and the Caps would be lucky to win 20 games without him. Down year for Backstrom, Oshie and Holtby. Vrana and Burakovsky not making expected progress. Two rookie defensemen. One of the toughest schedules in the league with a ton of back-to-back games and no long homestand to speak of. And yet they are in first place by a hair. It’s all Ovie this year. He’s carrying the Caps more than ever.

he really should be one of the finalists if not the winner. where would the caps be without him? backstrom is no where to be found right now

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
They also like to weigh offensive stats heavily for the Norris and have given the Jack Adams award to "worst-to-first" coaches. Doesn't mean it's right.

While I agree with you, this thread isn't really about if they are deserving. It's about the trend in popular opinion and, if that trend follows through to award voting, will that be some sort of record?

I believe there is a lot of credence to the argument that there should be a greater distinction in criteria between Hart and Lindsay, but the thread is about who is expected to win. If you think someone else should win, that's totally fair and open for discussion.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Vote for hall or MacK if avs goes to playoff regarding hart. Sorry but Kuch should not win, he is not draghing that boat himself.....

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
so tampa has the best defenseman, goalie, and MVP forward possibly? hedman is blessed playing with those forwards. these awards are a joke every single year.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Not even a chance. No single player except a goaltender could ever influence a team to the level that they'd lift a non-playoff team to presidents trophy. A WAR stat last year, while debatable in it's usefulness, put the impact of players like Crosby/McDavid at around 4-5 wins last year.

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
Stacked isn't a good word to use considering we drafted all those players. It's not like we built a super team NBA style.

Stacked is a VERY good word to use because it makes NO DIFFERENCE how those players got there.

CatOTails

Jul 18, 2011
Latvia
People keep forgetting that without AO Caps would have 10mil of free cash. It should be enough to get 2 good wingers.
I'm not saying that the Caps would be better without AO in the lineup, but i'm quite sure it would be possible to compensate his goalscoring abilities with two decent wingers at some extent.

Last edited:

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Vote for hall or MacK if avs goes to playoff regarding hart. Sorry but Kuch should not win, he is not draghing that boat himself.....

Messier and Coffey were AHL lever players since Gretzky won the Hart so many times.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
If Mack keeps it up, he better be a finalist for the Hart. What he’s been able to do on a team one year removed from a historically bad season, has been absolutely amazing. I know they won’t give it to him if he finishes 10 points back, but he deserves recognition.

Puck93

Jun 23, 2014
Its amazing how Kopitar isn't in any conversation for Hart trophy, he plays in every situation pp/pk, 2nd most TOI amongs forwards in league, playing w/o their 2nd line center(Carter) through entire year leading Kings to playoffs(3rd place in pacific), has 26 points lead on second scorer on team(70 to 44) with linemates of Brown and Iaffalo(undrafted rookie) while playing Selke defense. LA Kings are first in GA/GP, second in PK and he's the anchor. Someone explain to me how is Hall above him in terms of influence he has on his team winning. You remove him from this years team and they are playing for 1. draft pick.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

skillhockey

Feb 26, 2013
By the looks of it, top 3 is going to be Kucherov, Mcdavid and 3rd could be several guys. Voters have short memory so who ever finishes strong ends up there if he close in points. Even Ovi could be there or even win it having strong finish. He doesn't have to win art ross, just around top 3.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Kucherov isn't even the most valuable player on his own team.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
Not even a chance. No single player except a goaltender could ever influence a team to the level that they'd lift a non-playoff team to presidents trophy. A WAR stat last year, while debatable in it's usefulness, put the impact of players like Crosby/McDavid at around 4-5 wins last year.

Strangely enough this team missed the playoffs last year without Stamkos and Callahan.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Messier and Coffey were AHL lever players since Gretzky won the Hart so many times.
I mean, i cant decide who is the best between söderberg, landeskog, yapokov, Johnson and barrie vs stamkos, point, hedman, mcD and Strålman, i mean they are just equal good. I would see Kucherov drag that team to playoff this year....

Want to compare with Devils with their norris d-man Andy Green?

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
I mean, i cant decide who is the best between söderberg, landeskog, yapokov, Johnson and barrie vs stamkos, point, hedman, mcD and Strålman, i mean they are just equal good. I would see Kucherov drag that team to playoff this year....

Want to compare with Devils with their norris d-man Andy Green?

Eh? It’s an individual award, you know that right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad