NHL.com 3/4 Season Award Tracker

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
So let me get this straight;

- Best goalie in the league.
- Best defender in the league.
- Somehow have an MVP?

I understand giving him the TL award for most outstanding player, but not an mvp on a stacked team.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
So let me get this straight;

- Best goalie in the league.
- Best defender in the league.
- Somehow have an MVP?

I understand giving him the TL award for most outstanding player, but not an mvp on a stacked team.

I think "stacked team" is the phrase of the season for HFBoards. Say goodbye generational, we got a new meme.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
nice, I'm 4/4 on these calls from 3 months ago

although the Gallant one shouldn't count

El Travo

Aug 11, 2015
I think "stacked team" is the phrase of the season for HFBoards. Say goodbye generational, we got a new meme.

Look at your damn lineup and tell me how it isn't. If you have the best defender and goaltender in the league on top of having Steven f***ing Stamkos, how does Kucherov get the league MVP? He has an incredible cast of players around him that would do good even without him.

Give him the most outstanding player award. Stop treating the Hart/Lindsay award as the same thing. They aren't.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Look at your damn lineup and tell me how it isn't. If you have the best defender and goaltender in the league on top of having Steven ****ing Stamkos, how does Kucherov get the league MVP? He has an incredible cast of players around him that would do good even without him.

Give him the most outstanding player award. Stop treating the Hart/Lindsay award as the same thing. They aren't.
Hart historically goes to the best player (who gets to the playoffs). If there is no clear cut best player then the team situation starts to matter.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
Look at your damn lineup and tell me how it isn't. If you have the best defender and goaltender in the league on top of having Steven ****ing Stamkos, how does Kucherov get the league MVP? He has an incredible cast of players around him that would do good even without him.

Stacked isn't a good word to use considering we drafted all those players. It's not like we built a super team NBA style.

El Travo

Aug 11, 2015
Hart historically goes to the best player (who gets to the playoffs). If there is no clear cut best player then the team situation starts to matter.

They also like to weigh offensive stats heavily for the Norris and have given the Jack Adams award to "worst-to-first" coaches. Doesn't mean it's right.

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
Freddy Andersen for Vezina & Hart
Barzal Calder
Hedman for Norris

RickP

Mar 14, 2017
Hedman 7 first-place votes
Subban 6 first-place votes
Doughty 5 first-place votes
Klingberg 1 first-place vote

Pretty close race, it's good to see they didn't all vote for Klingberg only because of his points lead. He can still be a finalist though, he would deserve it, but I'm not sure he deserves it more than the other 3 favorites.

Reactions: E82

The Joker

Feb 25, 2011
morton-lossy.gif

I don't know what happened, but between you and DominicBoltsFan, Tampa Fans look pretty insecure and annoying the last few weeks.

Maybe you should be open for reasonable arguments instead of defending yourselves and your team anytime someone doesn't want to give all the awards to your players.

Reactions: c3z4r

george14

Mar 9, 2014
Detroit, MI
Stacked isn't a good word to use considering we drafted all those players. It's not like we built a super team NBA style.

That's not really the point and I don't know why you are getting so defensive over this "stacked team" argument. It's no different than PIT with the top 3 they have. It's likely none of them would win any hardware even if they had a great season.

Kucherov will probably get the Hart if he keeps this separation with the Art Ross. If someone catches him, I think that will cause voters to look elsewhere considering Stamkos, Hedman, and Vas. It's not an insult to win the Lindsay award.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
I don't know what happened, but between you and DominicBoltsFan, Tampa Fans look pretty insecure and annoying the last few weeks.

Maybe you should be open for reasonable arguments instead of defending yourselves and your team anytime someone doesn't want to give all the awards to your players.

Kucherov is a Hart front runner right now, probably a favorite in many cases. NHL.com says that Vasilevskiy is the Vezina favorite and Hedman is the Norris favorite. I am not really reaching.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
I can’t believe you’re insulted that people are calling your team stacked.

I wish my team was stacked.

If the Lightning are "stacked" how are there 2 teams nipping on our heels for the Atlantic and many teams around the NHL in contention for the President's trophy? Our superstars are carrying the team. I'd argue the other teams are "stacked" and we are top heavy.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009

Totally agreed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad