NHL.com 3/4 Season Award Tracker

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
Also, no one answered my question.

Historically, have a team ever had players get a ton of individual awards in the same season?

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Look at your damn lineup and tell me how it isn't. If you have the best defender and goaltender in the league on top of having Steven ****ing Stamkos, how does Kucherov get the league MVP? He has an incredible cast of players around him that would do good even without him.

Give him the most outstanding player award. Stop treating the Hart/Lindsay award as the same thing. They aren't.

Someone should have told the league that when Wayne Gretzky was winning like 20 Harts in a row on a freaking dynasty team.

Dale Hawerchuk clearly should have been an 8-time Hart winner instead.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Look at your damn lineup and tell me how it isn't. If you have the best defender and goaltender in the league on top of having Steven ****ing Stamkos, how does Kucherov get the league MVP? He has an incredible cast of players around him that would do good even without him.

Give him the most outstanding player award. Stop treating the Hart/Lindsay award as the same thing. They aren't.
Do you really think this year is going to be the year they change that?

george14

Mar 9, 2014
Detroit, MI
Also, no one answered my question.

Historically, have a team ever had players get a ton of individual awards in the same season?

84-85: Gretzky got the Hart, Lindsay, Art Ross, and Conn Smythe while Kurri got the Lady Byng and Coffey got the Norris.

Horus

Teh boss
Mar 18, 2010
Canada,Qc.
By definition, Taylor Hall should be close to having the hart locked up by now, but we all know that's not how the nhl chooses the winner which is pretty damn stupid. Hall will probably have close to twice the amount of points than his closest competition on his team by the end of the season. He's on a 22 game pts streak and he almost single handedly got this team from the basement last season to a playoff spot this season. He deserves the hart.

Last edited:

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site

Where can I look up those numbers?

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
Look up the difference between the statements "would do good" and "have done good" instead.

What is your bone to pick? I didn't even say he was a lock for the trophy in the OP or anything, just asked a question that is pretty relevant since we have other players being considered for awards. If a professional sports writer/analyst for NHL hockey didn't mention Kucherov as being top 3 in Hart consideration I'd be shocked.

Last edited:
Reactions: malkins

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
I think Rinne deserves strong consideration for the Vezina, but Vasilevskiy is the hot pick because he's young and makes some really flashy saves at key moments.

I think justifiably the Norris is wide open this year for the most part, but I'd say it's between Hedman and Subban.

Barring injury and based on how they've awarded the Calder in the past, from what I read in the Calder thread, that Barzal guy should win.

Jack Adams will go to Gallant without a doubt.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Tbh as a Pens fan I'd give the Hart to Giroux right now. Philly is having an unexpectedly good season and he's right near the top of the scoring race. Also has a little less help than Malkin and Kucherov.

It almost made me barf to type that though lol.

Reactions: pit

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
Tbh as a Pens fan I'd give the Hart to Giroux right now. Philly is having an unexpectedly good season and he's right near the top of the scoring race. Also has a little less help than Malkin and Kucherov.

It almost made me barf to type that though lol.

I think it's gonna come down to the finish. Really unfortunate Kucherov got injured. Hopefully he comes back soon and everyone can have a healthy finish to the season.

Also the scoring race is pretty close and should be fun to watch.

Reactions: malkins

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Freddie Andersen should be getting more Vezina love, that's for sure. Leafs would be nowhere their position without him being shelled night and night out.

It’s 19 NHL.com staff voting, he’ll get love from the only that matter, when it matters.

Vasi and Rinne are easily the top 2 though.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I think it's gonna come down to the finish. Really unfortunate Kucherov got injured. Hopefully he comes back soon and everyone can have a healthy finish to the season.

Also the scoring race is pretty close and should be fun to watch.

Yeah it will. If Kucherov stays healthy he may well get it. If he maintains an 8-10 lead on his competition that might be enough for voters even with how good Tampa is.

You've also got Blake Wheeler having a hell of a year and near the top of the race too and Malkin of course. A lot of good candidates.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Because an 11 point difference is clearly the same as a 100 point difference.

Why is that relevant to what you originally said? You didn't say "player who plays on a stacked team shouldn't win UNLESS he destroys the competition by 100 points". You said (paraphrasing) that it makes no sense for a player who plays on a stacked team to win the Hart.

Gretzky fits that definition, regardless of how big a margin he won the scoring title by.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
A vague Kucherov on TB / Gretzky on EDM comparison????

giphy.gif

Reactions: Treent1

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Subban gets 20 goals he's going to be tough to beat for the Norris
Also, the number of superstars on Tampa is going to prevent some votes.
I can see Vasilevsky getting the Vezina, but I wouldn't be surprised if TB misses on the Hart and Norris

Eric Staal, Taylor Hall, Couturier, Barkov and Subban are all worthy of Hart consideration to go along with the obvious choices of Kucherov, Bergeron.
Fun time to be a fan - lots of choices here

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
By definition, Taylor Hall should be close to having the hart locked up by now, but we all know that's not how the nhl chooses the winner which is pretty damn stupid. Hall will probably have close to twice the amount of points than his closest competition on his team by the end of the season. He's on a 22 game pts streak and he almost single handedly got this team from the basement last season to a playoff spot this season. He deserves the hart.

Hall has 27 points more than the number two on his team. Kopitar has 26 more than the number two on his team. Hall has had a great year, but it's not like he's in a league of his own

Reactions: LilWayneJetski

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL

Man this team is so stacked, we just lost to Buffalo. We have zero offense without Kucherov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad