NHL Center Ice

Giglio NYR15

Section 417
Jun 1, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
SCREW GAMECENTER....teams are giving free jerseys, discounted tix, free tickets, free concessions to first game, half off merchanise. We have gotten nothing so far. Now i understand dolan didnt want lockout and i back him for that, and we pretty much sell out tix so im not looking for that. But cmon for first game give us 50% team stores or a voucher for free hot dog and soda combo. This is crappy.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
SCREW GAMECENTER....teams are giving free jerseys, discounted tix, free tickets, free concessions to first game, half off merchanise. We have gotten nothing so far. Now i understand dolan didnt want lockout and i back him for that, and we pretty much sell out tix so im not looking for that. But cmon for first game give us 50% team stores or a voucher for free hot dog and soda combo. This is crappy.

50% off on jerseys would be very nice. Maybe then I'll finally get a jersey for my wife. :D

Melrose_Jr.

Feb 27, 2002
Providence, RI
Visit site
I'm honestly shocked at the number of people here lining up to shove money into Gary Bettman's pocket.

Anything greater than $0 for CI or GCL is an insult to me a hockey fan. I'll be watching free broadcasts or illegal streams while I mull over the thought of ever turning over a single penny of mine to the NHL again....ever.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I'm honestly shocked at the number of people here lining up to shove money into Gary Bettman's pocket.

Anything greater than $0 for CI or GCL is an insult to me a hockey fan. I'll be watching free broadcasts or illegal streams while I mull over the thought of ever turning over a single penny of mine to the NHL again....ever.

I just don't get the outrage some fans have. Oh yeah you and 4 other guys with show them by starving them of $200 bucks, please...

IMO the lockout never happened, and actually this shortened season is going to be awesome. Where do I sign up for a 48 game season with no preseason every year? I am annoyed at not having hockey during the Christmas holidays, but what are you gonna do, s*** happens

bubba5

Aug 2, 2005
I just don't get the outrage some fans have. Oh yeah you and 4 other guys with show them by starving them of $200 bucks, please...

IMO the lockout never happened, and actually this shortened season is going to be awesome. Where do I sign up for a 48 game season with no preseason every year? I am annoyed at not having hockey during the Christmas holidays, but what are you gonna do, s*** happens

Bettman, the players, and the owners thank you and fans like you for your passion!

noupf

Jan 31, 2007

+1

I am simply amazed at all the people who are just salivating at the mouth to throw their money right back into the pockets of the Leauge, owner and players after what they all did to us.

I had a simple formula for spending my money on the NHL.

1) Season starts by Nov 20th....I spend like normal ( couple games, shirts, jerseys ect... )

2) Season starts after Nov 20th, I spend no money on ANYTHING NHL related for the rest of this year and all of next year. I will watch games however, since even the most basic cable package comes with MSG now.

My theory is this......if enough people just hold back for a year or two, the NHL will realize how badly the screwed up. I know that all fans wont boycott, but if enough curtail their spending, it will send a huge message for when the next CBA comes due.

BOYCOTT THE NHL AND ALL OF ITS PRODUCTS FOR AS LONG AS YOU CAN !!

Last edited:

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Yup. In the GDTs here, Loffen (or whoever makes the thread) usually has a bunch of links to free streams. HF stopped enforcing the "no illegal streams" policy a couple years ago, so we can all post links to whatever is working.

You mean like this:
http://www.vipbox.tv/sports/hockey.html

No NHL games up yet but plenty of NBA:
http://www.vipbox.tv/sports/basketball.html

once you learn how to disable all the popups & ads you can get a nice full screen stream of whatever game you want

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut

I understand being upset, but where do people get off thinking they are owed something? Seriously, its downright ridiculous to expect to get NHL Center Ice for free, or games discounted 50%, or whatever **** people are trying to say they deserve. We're also the New York freakin Rangers, not the Phoenix Coyotes, so the Rangers don't have to give tickets away to sell them.

Like I said earlier, the sense of entitlement here is absurd.

GCL is $50 for the season. Its usually what, $150 for 82 games? $50 for 48 games? Thats still a good discount, perfectly fair.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
+1

I am simply amazed at all the people who are just salivating at the mouth to throw their money right back into the pockets of the Leauge, owner and players after what they all did to us.

I had a simply formula for spending my money in the NHL.

1) Season starts by Nov 20th....I spend like normal ( couple games, shirts, jerseys ect... )

2) Season starts after Nov 20th, I spend no money on ANYTHING NHL related for the rest of this year and all of next year. I will watch games however, since even the most basic cable package comes with MSG now.

My theory is this......if enough people just hold back for a year or two, the NHL will realize how badly the screwed up. I know that all fans wont boycott, but if enough curtail their spending, it will send a huge message for when the next CBA comes due.

BOYCOTT THE NHL AND ALL OF ITS PRODUCTS FOR AS LONG AS YOU CAN !!

Yeah thats the best way to help our game..

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Eh, it's a business. I don't take the lockout personally. I create work stoppages for a living, LOL.

The shop is open again, and I'm coming back.

rick063092

Nov 16, 2008
From what I remember, games that were on HNIC were usually also shown on NHL-N in the US, so they were blacked out.

I do NOT remember ever having a game blacked out that wasn't on NHL-N, NBC or NBCSN. It was either on one of those 3 or on my computer. I'm 99% certain of this.

HNIC hardly shown on NHLN, that's why I asked about center ice but if it looks like CI will be 60 bucks that's about 4 beers and a burger at the Garden..not a heavy hit..

Melrose_Jr.

Feb 27, 2002
Providence, RI
Visit site

Why do you think an agreement was miraculously reached at the last possible moment to save the shortest season they could offer? Here's a hint. It has to do with your money. $$$$$$$$

IMO the lockout never happened....

Wow, really?!?!?!

I understand being upset, but where do people get off thinking they are owed something? Seriously, its downright ridiculous to expect to get NHL Center Ice for free

Who's owed, or thinks they're owed anything? Trust me, I have ZERO expectations that I'm ever going to get anything from this league that doesn't have a disproportionately large price tag attached to it.

I'm just pissed off and disenfranchised. 3rd time I've had to endure this hissy-fit. Work stoppages don't work for me as a fan and there will not be a 4th time. Couple that with some of the problems I have with the way the game is being played now, the horrendous officiating standard, the way our money is being given away to unsustainable franchises, the fact that I don't consider 48 games a "season", I'm am the kind of person that isn't sure if I care a 3 month exhibition series. Unsure enough that I'm definitely not paying to watch it.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Why do you think an agreement was miraculously reached at the last possible moment to save the shortest season they could offer? Here's a hint. It has to do with your money. $$$$$$$$

Wow, really?!?!?!

Who's owed, or thinks they're owed anything? Trust me, I have ZERO expectations that I'm ever going to get anything from this league that doesn't have a disproportionately large price tag attached to it.

I'm just pissed off and disenfranchised. 3rd time I've had to endure this hissy-fit. Work stoppages don't work for me as a fan and there will not be a 4th time. Couple that with some of the problems I have with the way the game is being played now, the horrendous officiating standard, the way our money is being given away to unsustainable franchises, the fact that I don't consider 48 games a "season", I'm am the kind of person that isn't sure if I care a 3 month exhibition series. Unsure enough that I'm definitely not paying to watch it.

How can you call it an exhibition? If anything each game means all the more with the shorter season.

NO ONE is owed a damn thing. But there are plenty of people on this board demanding free ****, 50% off this, discounted tickets that, give me free center ice, freakin absurd.. come off it

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Just in case anyone hasn't noticed, GCL will auto-renew you for $50 on the 21st as long as you still have an active CC on the account. You cannot remove the card, only replace it with another one, so unless you have an expired card you can put on there you have to call their support line and cancel the auto-renew by the 21st. This only applies to former subscribers, obviously.

I cancelled mine earlier. I agree anything other than $0 is insulting, half season or not. On top of that making you jump through hoops to just to cancel an auto-renew really pisses me off. **** you NHL. :rant:

Giglio NYR15

Section 417
Jun 1, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Listen dolan and the rangers arent responsible for this lockout....we were one of the teams looking to avoid it greatly and pushed for a deal. If there is 50% off, plus my sth 15% off....i am taking advantage of 65% off...sorry im not sorry.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Also, for anyone on the fence, here is my current review of the past three years using GCL I posted in another thread for someone asking:

Honestly as a fellow Ranger fan in Pa who has used GCL for 3 years straight now, I will tell you it's not really worth it unless for some reason decent live streams from the GDTs suddenly go away or they don't work on your computer.

The free streams have gotten so good in sound and quality that it's as good as GCL most nights, and it is free.

Pros of GCL:

Guaranteed every Rangers game that isn't vs. Philadelphia or Pittsburgh depending on where you live, or nationally televised. (Consider this year a possible close to 25% of the schedule will fall under those 3 exceptions.)

High Quality

Archive anywhere from instantly available to 48 hours for national games.

Cons:

Expensive.

Laggy.

No Post-game shows.

You are on a 15 second to 1 minute delay and there's nothing you can do about it. (This is especially annoying for those of us following the Ranger board's GDT.)

Technical issues at times.

Blackouts.

After last year, my Dad and I decided we would never get GCL again. We had consistent high quality Streamo streams all year and the cons outweigh the pros at this point.

Note: Expensive doesn't apply this year since $50 isn't that much. Everything else remains.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Pricing for NHL Center Ice will be $49.99 for the season, if you're ordering from aninDEMAND system.*For DirecTV users, it will be $59.96, broken down into four payments of $14.99. A free preview can be seen from opening night on Jan. 19 until Jan. 31.Center Ice will once again feature the multi-screen mosaic channel, same day replays, dual feeds (if possible), stats channel, and HD games (the number will differ depending on your provider). According to inDEMAND, there will be approximately 40 games to be seen on Center Ice per week.The NHL announced Monday thatGameCenter Live will be $49.99, streamable via your computer and various devices likePlaystation 3, XBOX 360, Roku, smartphones and tablets.Because the entirety of the NHL playoffs in the U.S. are now broadcast via NBC's networks, all subscriptions for Center Ice and GameCenter Live will include just the regular season.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
yes

Wow, really?!?!?!
yes

congratulations

ok glad that's settled. So who's going to get center ice for $60? Seems like a decent deal

Hockey Team

Hunger Force
Dec 30, 2009
New York, NY

Nobody owes you **** buddy.

A business isn't going to give you something for free just because you feel insulted.

While you're at it you should cancel your TV service too, because part of your subscription fee goes to MSG, and part of that will be "shoved into bettman's pockets", and part of it will go to NBC/NBCSN, which will also be "shoved into bettman's pockets."

ThisYearsModel

Mar 4, 2004

Same here. I will not pay for either one. For the remainder of this year, I am out unless it is free.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I can understand why many fans are venting in this thread, but I'm surprised that anyone actually thinks that they are entitled to a free subscription to Center Ice/GameCenter.

That being said, this season may be one of the best time in years to order Center Ice/GameCenter! As a result of the shortened season and heavy inter-conference and divisional match ups, this season will be one of the most exciting seasons in a long time! So I don't want to miss any of the action.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Cons:

Expensive.

Laggy.

No Post-game shows.

You are on a 15 second to 1 minute delay and there's nothing you can do about it. (This is especially annoying for those of us following the Ranger board's GDT.)

Technical issues at times.

Blackouts.

In my experience, I've never dealt with lag. I've had GCL and multiple providers over the years (Comcast in DC, MD, Verizon in MD, Cox in CA) and I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've dealt with noticeable lag or stuttering.

The delay is present but varies. There are times where I'm a half-minute behind what's going on in the GDT, and then there are also times where I'm one of the first handful of people to post "Goal!" or something.

There were two or three occasions last season where for some reason everyone was locked out of their GCL accounts for the first few minutes after the games started. The GCL thread on the main board lit up those nights.

The reason I stick with GCL is that while these issues are present, they are infrequent and less significant than what I'd find using the free streams online. Those streams could have massive lag, bad stuttering, quality that ranged from very good to awful, and were prone to being shut down. Even the guys that regularly streamed the games in private rooms (like Rags2Riches) would have far more issues than the GCL streams. Eventually I just decided that I'd rather pony up the money for something that's high quality and reliable, rather than trusting that I could find a good, stable stream each night.

One other benefit to GCL--you can choose which broadcast you want to watch. I hated that when surfing for a stream that I would frequently only find the opposition's broadcast, and everyone here would be talking about something Sam and Joe were highlighting. That in itself was enough to get me to go to GCL.

As a side note to all this, I know some people really like HockeyStreams.com. That's another pay service and some people swear by it. I've never used it myself, so I can't vouch for reliability or quality. It's out there though.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
Any fellow Scandinavians know if it will be avaliable here this season?

Same as last year. You have to go through Viaplay.

However there are no blackouts in Scandinavia, so if you're able to sign up, you'll be able to watch the games as well. The only restriction is on the actual signup page.

Using a VPN, Proxy or signing up using a computer in an other country, would allow you to sign up. I just renewed my sub from last year, no problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad