NHL Center Ice

NJRangers35

Apr 11, 2011
If there is already thread on this I apologize, but I looked and was unable to find anything. I have Cablevision (IO) and went online to see what the price for NHL Center Ice was for this upcoming season. The price was not listed and it said to call. So I called and spoke to a women who said if I ordered today the price was $80 from today to Feb 14. She said from today until the end of the season the price would $210. She did sound a little confused and it took her a while to find the prices, so I am really hoping she was just clueless and has no clue. Has anyone else called or have any ideas how much it will be for this season. Thanks.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
If there is already thread on this I apologize, but I looked and was unable to find anything. I have Cablevision (IO) and went online to see what the price for NHL Center Ice was for this upcoming season. The price was not listed and it said to call. So I called and spoke to a women who said if I ordered today the price was $80 from today to Feb 14. She said from today until the end of the season the price would $210. She did sound a little confused and it took her a while to find the prices, so I am really hoping she was just clueless and has no clue. Has anyone else called or have any ideas how much it will be for this season. Thanks.

Yeah that's not true at all, she was probably basing it on last season or something like that. The NHL is probably still working on pricing it and what not and haven't released the details yet.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I think CI for the first week will be a free preview. Is CI really worth it though? 40% of Ranger games will be televised nationally. So.. 28 games for like $100?

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I would like to restate this question, except about NHL Game Center Live.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I think CI for the first week will be a free preview. Is CI really worth it though? 40% of Ranger games will be televised nationally. So.. 28 games for like $100?
If you like to watch other teams when the Rangers aren't playing, then yes it is very worth it.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
I've had CI every year it's been available to me....But not this year. It's the only way I can express my displeasure about the lockout (plus, I always watch more games in the fall anyway--but that's not my principle reason for not popping for it).

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
You give the providers the channels for free.

that a lot of dough out the door. The NHL won't throw money away. Game Center Live (The stream thing online) could receive major discount but it won't be free still imo. It's all about laying the foundation for the future seasons' profit. Give too much away for free, the cost will seem exaggerated in the years to come. Give something on slight discount to push the product and get people to re-up in the future seasons sounds like a smart move to me. That's my take.

axleone

The Jukebox Junkie
Feb 2, 2006
Lynchburg, Virginia
If I were part of Center Ice marketing I'd tie subscription this year to next years. Something like $19.99 this year plus regular price next year...all paid this year.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Supposedly dude on main board was told the same thing from dtv. 4 payments of 14.99 can't get til jan 19th not sure I believe that

BwayBshirt

Mar 31, 2004
My NY State of Mind
Supposedly dude on main board was told the same thing from dtv. 4 payments of 14.99 can't get til jan 19th not sure I believe that

I have had CI since the last lockout. That pricing seems about right.

Before it was like 4 payments of $40-44 for a full season.

Since about 60% of the games are still going to be played I was skeptical of a 1/2-off discount.

Still not a bad deal IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad