NHL Center Ice

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
A lot better, but still the one minute delay, no pre grame show, no post game show, ht show only on the away feed, blackouts and the occasional need to restart the stream.

I paid up, but end up using streamo most nights for those reasons. Still nice to have to watch archived games and for $50 it's really a steal.

TC82

Aug 27, 2012
The one minute delay really sucks, because I like to browse the GDT while watching the game. So more often than not I already a goal has been scored while on GCL the attack leading to the goal is just happening.

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
I hear you man, had to deal with the same garbage last year with comcast (never MSG, rarely HD). Listening to the Pens homer announcers 6 times a year was not good for my blood pressure.

If you have a good internet connection I would recommend GCL. Quality is way better than SD and they always have an MSG feed unless it's an NBC game. I have only streamed via xbox but it has been flawless for me; there are apple tv and roku apps too with ps3 on the way. The only issue is the roughly minute or so delay you'd have to put up with.

just off phone with twc. my free trial hasn't even come in HD because of signal problems. It's such a joke. I think I'm going with GCL, but with all the feed problems I've heard about over last few yrs I worry about it. I guess it just is what it is and I'll have to suck it up for the times it won't work right. I used streamo right when I moved down to Charlotte, so anything is probably better than that (altho it's free and awesome of whoever posts it to do so.)

One last question. I pay for sport pack on TWC for $10 a month and watch one channel on it (NHL network). There are a ton of NYR games on NHLN (thus blacked out on CenterIce/GCL)...does GCL offer the NHL network channel with the package to watch online? When you buy CI on TWC it's offered for free, thus I can get rid of Sports Pack.

truebluegoalie

Nov 28, 2008
Virginia
just off phone with twc. my free trial hasn't even come in HD because of signal problems. It's such a joke. I think I'm going with GCL, but with all the feed problems I've heard about over last few yrs I worry about it. I guess it just is what it is and I'll have to suck it up for the times it won't work right. I used streamo right when I moved down to Charlotte, so anything is probably better than that (altho it's free and awesome of whoever posts it to do so.)

One last question. I pay for sport pack on TWC for $10 a month and watch one channel on it (NHL network). There are a ton of NYR games on NHLN (thus blacked out on CenterIce/GCL)...does GCL offer the NHL network channel with the package to watch online? When you buy CI on TWC it's offered for free, thus I can get rid of Sports Pack.

It does not. Any games on NHLN will be blacked out on GCL. Although IMO they really shouldn't be because it isn't as available as NBC or NBCSN. So keep the sports pack to watch the NHLN games.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I've yet to want to watch a game in HD, and NOT find it on DirecTV. I'm not saying there haven't been any, I just haven't seen it.

Sometimes they are a few channels away from each other, but they seem to all be there.

Only time there isn't a HD feed is when someone like Florida is playing a Canadian team and the Panthers aren't broadcasting the game, and it's only available on a Rogers SportsNet feed which is usually not in HD.

I think there may have been a Flames - Oilers game the other day that wasn't in HD (I really don't care because I'm rarely up that late).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad