NHL Center Ice 2006-07 (discussion, etc.)

SpokaneShark

Jul 11, 2006
At Work
I checked my Dish CI channel lineup again this morning. Normally they are channels 540-558 (me thinks), and only channel 540 is showing up! I am getting nervous!

I called Dish and they don't know why.

Can any other Dish subscribers check the listings to see if they show up? Can anyone else verify this?

Thanks.

joolzie

Sep 24, 2003
Michigan
www.lolabug.com
Yeah, same here... I'm pretty sure it's nothing to worry about though, I vaguely recall it being like that in past years as well, and the channels will show up on Wednesday.

Easton

Aug 7, 2005
CI should cover broadcast pre-game and post-game shows too

C'mon, I want to see the player interviews and media commentary just as much as I want to see the game. Yeah, CI would probably have to add more channels so it doesn't conflict with some other game but it'd so worth it. Wouldn't you like to see pre-game and post-shows/interviews as well?

NickHanson

Jun 21, 2006
Berea, OH
I've been watching the "free trial" games, it looks really cool. Now I need to beg my parents to loan me the money to get it.. lol. It's very cool watching out of market games, the Buffalo/Canadiens game was thrilling.

veronesepk

Feb 11, 2005
I'm having the worst time getting Center Ice set up here in Birmingam, Alabama through Brighthouse (which I believe is a subsidiary of Time-Warner). I've called 6 times in the past two weeks, and 4 of those 6 times they couldn't understand that I was NOT trying to purchase MLB Season Pass (which happened to end on Oct. 1) or in-demand HD games. On Thursday, I reached someone at the cable company who said they were not carrying Center Ice this year, to whom I told I would be disconnecting my cable with them and switching to another provider. This actually got a reaction - they called me back within 5 minutes and said they had it and signed me up for it.
I'm still not gettting a Center Ice feed, however. I called again on Friday, and the lady who took my call said that Brighthouse was "Having problems with the NHL" (or whatever that means), so they've basically got until Monday to square this up or I'm switching providers.

geezette

Jun 9, 2006
30 yrs in the minors
After the regular season started, I was able to get (Directv) reruns on some sports channels and not others. They have problems each year at the beginning of the season because someone has to do something different.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
I'm having the worst time getting Center Ice set up here in Birmingam, Alabama through Brighthouse (which I believe is a subsidiary of Time-Warner). I've called 6 times in the past two weeks, and 4 of those 6 times they couldn't understand that I was NOT trying to purchase MLB Season Pass (which happened to end on Oct. 1) or in-demand HD games. On Thursday, I reached someone at the cable company who said they were not carrying Center Ice this year, to whom I told I would be disconnecting my cable with them and switching to another provider. This actually got a reaction - they called me back within 5 minutes and said they had it and signed me up for it.
I'm still not gettting a Center Ice feed, however. I called again on Friday, and the lady who took my call said that Brighthouse was "Having problems with the NHL" (or whatever that means), so they've basically got until Monday to square this up or I'm switching providers.
I've had CI on Bright House for a few years now, so I think they're BSing you. Granted, some of the times when I've called with problems, I get genius questions like "are they playing right now? are you SURE?". Gotta wonder where they get some of their employees. Anyway, I don't think they "have problems with the NHL", you're just getting boneheads who don't even know their own products.

veronesepk

Feb 11, 2005
I've had CI on Bright House for a few years now, so I think they're BSing you. Granted, some of the times when I've called with problems, I get genius questions like "are they playing right now? are you SURE?". Gotta wonder where they get some of their employees. Anyway, I don't think they "have problems with the NHL", you're just getting boneheads who don't even know their own products.

That's what I think too. I had CI via Brighthouse last year - it doesn't seem like it shouldbe this hard for them to re-up me for this year.

puck57

Dec 21, 2004
WHY does it take Center Ice so long to print their schedule of games and channels- they still have not put up the October listing and we are going into almost a week of games- what gives- what takes them so long to publish the listing- half the month will be gone before it comes out for pete's sake.

Greeneye

May 17, 2006
Golden, CO
Camera's

Since the start of the season I have watched at least 20 periods of hockey. I have CI so I have watched parts of games from just about every feed. One thing that is apparent is that some of the camera's around the league are terrible. For instance last night I was watching the Edm - Calgary game and it looked terrific. I don't have high def but the video feed was great. You could see every shot no matter how hard it was etc...it was very easy to follow the puck.

Now when I flipped over to the Sharks game it was just the opposite. The video was blurry and it was hard to follow the play. This feed and the Caps feed are pretty bad. It seems like the games from Fox Sports Net are the worst.

Why wouldn't the NHL install better camera's so every feed looked like the Edm - Cal game? I believe that was the CBC feed. I think that would help them market the game. Thoughts?

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Since Center Ice seems to be a popular topic for discussion for more than a few people, I'm going to make this the uber-thread for it. If it has to do with CI, it should go here.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
C'mon, I want to see the player interviews and media commentary just as much as I want to see the game. Yeah, CI would probably have to add more channels so it doesn't conflict with some other game but it'd so worth it. Wouldn't you like to see pre-game and post-shows/interviews as well?
They don't have rights to show that stuff. As long as they show the entire HNIC again this year (including After Hours), I'm happy. :)

Kenadyan

Jul 23, 2003
Asheboro, NC
Visit site
Did anyone else have trouble this past Saturday (10/7) night getting the Oiler/Flames game on Center Ice?

I watched the first period and then shut it off to take care of some other things and turned it back on in what should have been the third period (according to the ticker on ESPN news there were still over 13 minutes in period three to be played).

When I turned back to the game (Channel 765 on DirecTV), I got a blank screen. I called DirecTV and was informed that it was a network wide blackout, but should not have been, and that they were working on the "problem" trying to fix it.

Seeing that I do subscribe to CI, this has me a bit concerned for the future (how many other "problems" are they going to have this year?). :(

Edit: At the same time I was having this problem, I was still getting the Anaheim game on Channel 764, so it wasn't like I wasn't getting any of the CI channels.

parhelion

Oct 11, 2006
No Mutltiple Feeds w/CI & Digital Cable?

This is the fifth or sixth year I've had Center Ice but the first with digital cable - I had Dish satellite in previous years. I only switched to digital cable this year to get a one-year discount on broadband from the cable provider. I live out in "the sticks" and believe it or not it was the first time broadband was available for me.

At any rate, I'll be going back to Dish for next season. For whatever reason, CI on digital cable does not offer multiple feeds for games like it does for satellite. I really miss being able choose which feed to watch and I always enjoyed being able to compare the play-by-play and color commentary from around the league. Why do CI subscribers with digital cable have to pay the same price for half the programming? Very disappointing.

Beyond that, I get bombarded with the asinine "Puckheads" NHL Center Ice commercial at least 10 -15 times per game. Hopefully this stops now that the free preview is over. Are they showing this on the Dish or Direct TV version of CI?:madfire:

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
This is the fifth or sixth year I've had Center Ice but the first with digital cable - I had Dish satellite in previous years. I only switched to digital cable this year to get a one-year discount on broadband from the cable provider. I live out in "the sticks" and believe it or not it was the first time broadband was available for me.

At any rate, I'll be going back to Dish for next season. For whatever reason, CI on digital cable does not offer multiple feeds for games like it does for satellite. I really miss being able choose which feed to watch and I always enjoyed being able to compare the play-by-play and color commentary from around the league. Why do CI subscribers with digital cable have to pay the same price for half the programming? Very disappointing.

Beyond that, I get bombarded with the asinine "Puckheads" NHL Center Ice commercial at least 10 -15 times per game. Hopefully this stops now that the free preview is over. Are they showing this on the Dish or Direct TV version of CI?:madfire:

The Puckheads commercial will end when the free preview does. It's like "Rooming with Roenick" in years passed.

chiavsfan

Eh, I am a digital cable CI subscriber, and I could care less who's announcers are on. I care about the hockey, and that's about it

gerald78

Aug 10, 2005
Did anyone else have trouble this past Saturday (10/7) night getting the Oiler/Flames game on Center Ice?

I watched the first period and then shut it off to take care of some other things and turned it back on in what should have been the third period (according to the ticker on ESPN news there were still over 13 minutes in period three to be played).

When I turned back to the game (Channel 765 on DirecTV), I got a blank screen. I called DirecTV and was informed that it was a network wide blackout, but should not have been, and that they were working on the "problem" trying to fix it.

Seeing that I do subscribe to CI, this has me a bit concerned for the future (how many other "problems" are they going to have this year?). :(

Edit: At the same time I was having this problem, I was still getting the Anaheim game on Channel 764, so it wasn't like I wasn't getting any of the CI channels.

same thing here in chicago, it was BS

parhelion

Oct 11, 2006
Eh, I am a digital cable CI subscriber, and I could care less who's announcers are on. I care about the hockey, and that's about it

I'm just saying that it's a downgrade for me. I got spoiled to having multiple feeds - if I never had the choice, I wouldn't have even given it a second thought. Beyond just the announcers (some of whom are big homers) you get a different perspective on the game, different replays and interviews.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad