NHL Center Ice 2006-07 (discussion, etc.)

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
it only overlaps by about a week, and i don't think i even missed any predators games

I looked at the schedule just to get some early info since I like to be prepared.

MLB Opening Day is Monday April 2nd 2007... only 1 NHL game scheduled, aired on Versus.

April 3rd there is a boatload of NHL games, but it is the 2nd day of the MLB season, where some teams will have the day off.

Ditto for April 5th.

Saturday April 7th will be interesting, as both sports will have full schedules (5 NHL day games)

I just would hate to miss games.

I also looked over the entire schedule for the season, and there is a few dates where there will be more than 10 games on between 7 and 10.. meaning some games could be missed, very very few.. like 4 or 5. (Ovbiously games starting at 10 are just share the channel of a 7 PM game so thats no problem)

So obviously the DirecTV package is better, but I had to get rid of it for this season and I guess I'll just have to live with cable. I better not miss an important game.

Anyone else with some infomation on this?

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
I just got off the phone with DirecTV customer service and they are sticking to the claim that the games follow blackout restrictions. I complained enough that they sent me to the customer retention group. I got a little more help there. ( The first rep told me I needed to write a letter to the network). I'll let you know when I get my call back
You pretty much have to get at least to the customer-retention level on the call in order to get anywhere... so for anyone who calls, don't give up at the first-level rep.

If they're sticking to the blackout restrictions as the reason, I don't know where this can go. That's why I was hoping the other poster (FlyersProspect2) could elaborate on exactly where he/she heard that these restrictions do not apply to preseason games and that it was just an arbitrary blackout by DirecTV last night.

PEli*

I wish our local cable company carried it. They've got NFL Sunday Ticket and the NFL Network. Which is great in itself but I can watch well over ten NFL games on regular cable per week and that's more than enough. The only reason to get digital cable would be CI and it isn't offered.

geezette

Jun 9, 2006
30 yrs in the minors
I am getting Pittsburgh's game tonight. Maybe they noticed they were following NFL blackout rules? In a little bit, I'll know if MSG is in the clear.
Thanks to everyone who called and wrote. As a hockey fan in basketball country, its good to see that other people care!

Limey FK

Feb 25, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
Its ON!!

I was on the phone complaining to a DirecTV rep who was explaining to me why it WOULDNT be on and they couldn't play it when it came on and made the rep even more confused..

FlyersProspect2

Jun 14, 2004
Chicopee, Ma
You pretty much have to get at least to the customer-retention level on the call in order to get anywhere... so for anyone who calls, don't give up at the first-level rep.

If they're sticking to the blackout restrictions as the reason, I don't know where this can go. That's why I was hoping the other poster (FlyersProspect2) could elaborate on exactly where he/she heard that these restrictions do not apply to preseason games and that it was just an arbitrary blackout by DirecTV last night.

Well I guess my post is now moot as both games are on tonight. FWIW my source was a local media guy who has some contact with the AHL league offices located here in Springfield.

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
Well I guess my post is now moot as both games are on tonight. FWIW my source was a local media guy who has some contact with the AHL league offices located here in Springfield.
Thanks for the followup response anyway. Good to hear that the problem got fixed.

Just out of curiosity, though, does everyone who is now getting preseason games on the sports pack have DirecTV, or are Dish subscribers with their sports pack also getting the games? Just trying to determine if the issue we saw last year still exists, with the game availability on the sports pack being provider-dependent.

hipcheck85

Where is Triggrman?
Mar 12, 2002
Nashville / Via NYC
Visit site
Power to the people!!!!!!

Hopefully they won't screw up any more.

While I was complaining to the Customer Retention rep I went to cancel my HBO package. They offered me a $10.00 a month discount to keep it. Now I'm getting HBO for $2.95 a month.

hipcheck85

Where is Triggrman?
Mar 12, 2002
Nashville / Via NYC
Visit site
Power to the people!!!!!!

Hopefully they won't screw up any more.

While I was complaining to the Customer Retention rep I went to cancel my HBO package. They offered me a $10.00 a month discount to keep it. Now I'm getting HBO for $2.95 a month

Timl2009

Apr 21, 2006
Canton, Ohio
As Far as Dish Network Blackouts, I get both the Pittsburgh Penguins on the Sports Pack and The Columbus BlueJackets on FoxOhio..With there being no AHL in Cleveland this year I thought I might get Center Ice to keep up on the rest of the NHL in Lieu of Cleveland announcing a Affiliation agreement in the next few months..

Limey FK

Feb 25, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
Just FYI: Here is the response to an email I sent to DirecTV while at work yesterday. It sounds like they goofed up and then reassessed what they could/could not do and fixed it for last night. Well done everyone!

>>Dear Mr. Darmanin,

Thanks for writing about the NHL Center Ice. I understand it has been frustrating for you not to see your favorite out of market games you expected this year.

We have updated our game coverage areas based on new information from the sports networks, teams and leagues that control viewing rights. To comply with our agreements with the networks and the leagues, we must provide games to customers only within the defined territories.

This year, some games we used to offer via a regional sports network as part of the Sports Pack or Total Choice package are now only available as part of the out-of-market NHL Center Ice or NBA League Pass subscription packages. Unfortunately, not all of the required adjustments were fully outlined before the season started, which is why we could not notify customers in advance.

We appreciate your patience while we implement these changes. Thank you again for writing and giving us a chance to respond to your concerns.

Sincerely,

<name deleted>
DIRECTV Customer Service

Edit: In re-reading this, he may have no idea what he's talking about either.

Oh well, games are on, i'm happy!

geezette

Jun 9, 2006
30 yrs in the minors
Replay of the Rangers game is still blacked out, Wasn't home to see Puerto Rico,,,,shucks.
Today I got a response to my complaint email.
Telling me to check USA, ESPN, TNT, for games and the same local blackout junk you guys got. I wrote back and said it would be better to answer the question instead of just spouting words, and that the games were no longer blacked out. That it had probably been just a new techie instead of a policy change. I just hate getting an answer from someone who doesn't even undertand the question!

puck57

Dec 21, 2004
I resigned for this season with Cox Cable for CI and was told it would start on October 10th- anyone else been told they won't get any games the first week also? Is it because of baseball finishing up or what?

Trizent

Mar 4, 2005
Oil Country
I resigned for this season with Cox Cable for CI and was told it would start on October 10th- anyone else been told they won't get any games the first week also? Is it because of baseball finishing up or what?

Free preview Oct 4 to 10. Maybe it has to do with that. ?

PF1967

Aug 18, 2005
Where are the "select games in HD" from CI shown? Thanks in advance for any help.

ladybugblue

May 5, 2004
Edmonton, AB
Is anyone else having problems having the guide data incomplete for Directv? The schedule of which games are not on the website and the guide is not showing all of the games starting on Wednesday. Is this an issue for others?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad