GDT: NHL/BRUINS - FREE AGENT FIZZLE - Mod warning page 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 96824

I just hope we don't use Toronto as a team to measure our success against as they've never had any. Not a contender to be feared the slightest bit.

Claude now has Weber and Chiarot who both have size and 1 is a stay at home Dman. Can Chara really be effective a whole season as a #1 to match this pair? Bruins will need to acquire some size on D IMO, just like they need size in the top 6

How are these two posts on the same page.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
How are these two posts on the same page.

Im sure one post about the habs FA signing a physical Dman won't derail the leafs obsession. At least Montreal has won a few first rounds in the last decade. The Leafs never win anything yet they are constantly used to compare success too.

member 96824

Im sure one post about the habs FA signing a physical Dman won't derail the leafs obsession. At least Montreal has won a few first rounds in the last decade. The Leafs never win anything yet they are constantly used to compare success too.

I’d be more worried if the Celtics laced up skates than I am Montreal.

Reactions: Jean_Jacket41

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I’d be more worried if the Celtics laced up skates than I am Montreal.

I think maybe it's just more comfortable to compare the Bruins to Toronto bc when asked to compare against legit contenders like Wash or TB or St Louis for that matter who can play physically, their won't be any answers on how to matchup. But by all means lets worry about playoff no show Mitch Marner

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
I just hope we don't use Toronto as a team to measure our success against as they've never had any. Not a contender to be feared the slightest bit.

Yet you fear about a Chiarot-Weber pairing...:laugh:

You should take your own advice and worry about the irrelevant Habs when they will make the playoffs for the first time in years.

As of now, your beloved Habs are 5th best team in division.

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Yet you fear about a Chiarot-Weber pairing...:laugh:

You should take your own advice and worry about the irrelevant Habs when they will make the playoffs for the first time in years.

As of now, your beloved Habs are 5th best team in division.

I wonder how the Bruins will counter with an older Chara, sure. Do you have a take on Chiarot and Weber pairing since it's recent news. That paring is definitely more than anything Toronto has as well.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
I wonder how the Bruins will counter with an older Chara, sure. Do you have a take on Chiarot and Weber pairing since it's recent news.

My take I thought was pretty clear.

Chiarot doesn’t make your beloved Habs a playoffs team and they will DNQ for a 3rd straight season and 4th in 5 years unless they do something drastic to help their chances.

Right now, they are 5th best team in division.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
My take I thought was pretty clear.

Chiarot doesn’t make your beloved Habs a playoffs team and they will DNQ for a 3rd straight season and 4th in 5 years unless they do something drastic to help their chances.

Right now, they are 5th best team in division.

matters little. What concerns me is how to beat the more physical teams of the league like Wash and TB and St Louis, and anybody who is discussing MTL is considered a habs lover to you which you use to avoid debate and tough questions on how to beat the teams above.How about calling out the over the top leafs coverage on a team who hasn't won a 1st round in forever. HF Superstar Mitch Marner with 0 points and a -3 in game 5,6,7

Last edited:

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
his 10 career playoff points in 10 years are pretty forgettable. He plays for Toronto which is the only reason he gets discussed.
Wasn’t necessarily talking of playoffs,this past season wasn’t that good,but his past two he scored 30 + goals I believe,believe me not a fan at all of him,but he can be a pretty dam good player.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I wonder how the Bruins will counter with an older Chara, sure. Do you have a take on Chiarot and Weber pairing since it's recent news. That paring is definitely more than anything Toronto has as well.
Bruins have their own development long term plan.
Bruins have their sight at the cup.
Habs have their sight at Bruins outsole and dreaming about Aho.

Reactions: Jean_Jacket41

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Interesting comment by Kyle Dubas on Tim and Sid concerning trading with a division rival:

Kyle learned from Lou Lamoriello that "If you make a trade it needs to benefit both teams regardless of where that team is geographically" IE: trading withint he conference/division.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
I think the revamped TOR defense is much better and deeper than folks are willing to admit. A top 6 of Reilly, Muzzin, Barrie, Dermott and Harper is arguably better (on paper) than BOS’ group.While I dislike Codi Ceci, he should be fine playing alongside Muzzin. Dermott in the bottom pairing is a luxury.

As for depth, they have a few veteran journeyman and a few young studs in the Marlies (who always seem to be good).

We need to see how this new line-up plays, but I would let be surprised if they dominate.

Dubas has had a very good off season so far, and I think that Toronto is a stronger team for it. Some folks around here may be underestimating them.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Dubas has had a very good off season so far, and I think that Toronto is a stronger team for it. Some folks around here may be underestimating them.

I'd say they are overrated based on evidence of the so called self proclaimed heroic trio of Tavares Marner and Matthews getting schooled by the older Krejci and Bergeron who are on the back 9 and could beat these guys even If they were 40 years old.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
matters little. What concerns me is how to beat the more physical teams of the league like Wash and TB and St Louis, and anybody who is discussing MTL is considered a habs lover to you which you use to avoid debate and tough questions on how to beat the teams above.How about calling out the over the top leafs coverage on a team who hasn't won a 1st round in forever. HF Superstar Mitch Marner with 0 points and a -3 in game 5,6,7

What are you talking about?

Read your posts again...

You dismiss the Leafs as contenders because they always lose against the Bruins in the playoffs, say they are not to be taken seriously until they win a playoffs round but you are worried about your beloved Habs having a Weber-Chiarot, yet they didn’t even make the playoffs the past two seasons.

The irony.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
What are you talking about?

Read your posts again...

You dismiss the Leafs as contenders because they always lose against the Bruins in the playoffs, say they are not to be taken seriously until they win a playoffs round but you are worried about your beloved Habs having a Weber-Chiarot, yet they didn’t even make the playoffs the past two seasons.

The irony.

I'd like the Bruins to add a physical stay at home D man with size. Absolutely. That's called adding physicality. Something your beloved leafs dont have lol

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I would say they are stronger for one year ,but one year only . I would argue that most of the moves made by Dubas are very short term

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
I'd like the Bruins to add a physical stay at home D man with size. Absolutely. That's called adding physicality. Something your beloved leafs dont have lol

Don’t want that D you are referring to Bruins to acquire.

Chiarot wouldn’t even crack the Bruins top-6.

I will care about your beloved Habs when they will be relevant again and make the playoffs.

#5thbestteaminthedivision

Reactions: Spooner st

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
You're completely ignoring what he's saying to you

All distraction from answering the questions that need to be answered from the finals loss. Adding physicality to the D and top 6 is a must to many fans and cant be addressed with hyperbole such as calling fan habs lover when its the leafs and their soft style of hockey that get all the love here

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
All distraction from answering the questions that need to be answered from the finals loss. Adding physicality to the D and top 6 is a must to many fans and cant be addressed with hyperbole such as calling fan habs lover when its the leafs and their soft style of hockey that get all the love here

He's calling you a Habs lover because you're constantly worried about what they're doing when they've shown (just like the Leafs) that they've sucked for years and are not a threat worth worrying about until they show something in the playoffs

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
bruins have enough physicality on the back end we seem to forget Kevin Miller and Zdeno Chara are still going to be in top 6 when all healthy.
Clifton and McAvoy are physical d when need to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad