ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
This could have been Vegas D for next season:

Methot - Manson
Schmidt- Dumba
McNabb - Dehaan
Garrison

Would have looked pretty darn good to me.

What have I missed here? I think McPhee had another "I'll give ya Filip Forsberg for Martin Erat" moment here.....

How does next years draft look? Any McDavid's or Matthews to be found?

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
This could have been Vegas D for next season:

Methot - Manson
Schmidt- Dumba
McNabb - Dehaan
Garrison

Would have looked pretty darn good to me.

What have I missed here? I think McPhee had another "I'll give ya Filip Forsberg for Martin Erat" moment here.....

I think the deals GMGM made with the Ducks, Isles, and Wild impacted those teams protection lists. If those deals weren't in place I imagine those players would be available.

Vegas' desire to acquire picks/prospects for player selections was a huge factor here

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
No I think his main goal was futures. All he wanted for next season was a team that could be somewhat entertaining.

This thought process is really confusing me. So the main goal was futures. That could have still been achieved if he took the better talents and flipped them all.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Very exciting morning of trades. :sarcasm:

We'll see what excitement this afternoon brings! :popcorn:

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
How does next years draft look? Any McDavid's or Matthews to be found?

Can't say I know for sure, but I'm not hearing names like we were during McDavid's and Matthew's draft.

Still, the bird in the had is better than 2 in the bush. If you have a bona-fide top pairing D-man available like Manson, Vats, Dumba, why are you shucking them to get a pick that you hope will be as good as what is available?

Makes no sense to me.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Can't say I know for sure, but I'm not hearing names like we were during McDavid's and Matthew's draft.

Still, the bird in the had is better than 2 in the bush. If you have a bona-fide top pairing D-man available like Manson, Vats, Dumba, why are you shucking them to get a pick that you hope will be as good as what is available?

Makes no sense to me.

Perhaps future gaurantees were made to avoid players today(last night).

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
Nope Leafs don't have balls to land a solid dman. Might as well sit duck until we find another Kessel or Phaneuf to deal bahaha. Bunch of losers.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Nope Leafs don't have balls to land a solid dman. Might as well sit duck until we find another Kessel or Phaneuf to deal bahaha. Bunch of losers.

It's not a case of having balls. It's a case of being careful not to overpay. We don't need to get hosed on any deals at this point in our rebuild.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Schlemnko was gotten real cheap by our nemesis montreal. Real cheap. Gotta get some of the sweet action right thurr like chingy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad