Post-Game Talk: NHL awards time and Vegas team revelation thread

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Only 3 hours to go and we are all looking hard at this. All eyes on Vegas and its players, also the winners of course as tonight we'll see our own Auston Martini Matthews getting his first real price tag. That's great all over there and we'll keep our eyes open for surely of course. Y'all already know whom mcphee will be taking out of our rear ends but still it's a fun thing. We'll talk, smile and enjoy this night and continue discussion here. Especially when the awards begin at 8. o clock and all. So that's cool and we'll be very ready. We as leafs followers are standing tall right now and others are jelious of our squad because we got that whole nine. The whole talented young squad with a couple of vets but yeah we already shown the whole hockey world we was ready already last season as we made impact in the playoffs against the washington awful capitals. We are the better team now and will be in the future after this night. Enjoy and let's talk and smile.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
i hate that TSN is being lame and revealing a lot. Or "rumors". Petty.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
i hate that TSN is being lame and revealing a lot. Or "rumors". Petty.
I am watching this too and better yeah: Hearing this. It's radio format for me and still exciting. But yeah only 2.75 hours to the awards show and vegas future players. :thumb:

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Oh , oh now it's all picture and I can see Jeff O'Neill there! It's no longer radio but full vision and picture from tsn.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Here's a list of rumored players going to Vegas

Teams Unknown; ARI, BUF, CAR, COL, NJD, VAN, WSH, WPG

F Cody Eakin (DAL)
F Oscar Lindberg (NYR)
F Pierre-Edouard Bellemare (PHI)
F James Neal (NSH)
F Tomas Nosek (DET)
F David Perron (STL)
F Alex Tuch (MIN)*
F Erik Haula (MIN)
F Brenden Leipsic (TOR)
F Mikhail Grabovski (NYI)*
F Nikita Gusev (TBL)*
F William Karlsson (CBJ)
F Jonathan Marchessault (FLA)
D Alexei Emelin (MTL)
D Deryk Engelland (CGY)
D Jason Garrison (TBL)
D Shea Theodore (ANA)*
D Clayton Stoner (ANA)
D Colin Miller (BOS)
D Trevor van Reimsdyk (CHI)
D Marc Methot (OTT)
D David Schlemko (SJS)
D Brayden McNabb (LAK)
D Griffin Reinhart (EDM)
G MA. Fleury (PIT)
G JF. Berube (NYI)

15th Overall Pick (NYI)*

*Via Trade

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
for something that the NHL was all "don't leak" that's a pretty comprehensive good list

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Got Omnium Gatherum blasting, drinking beers and seeing the awards show for the 1st time ever. (I'm 33) should be fun? haha

Caesium

Apr 13, 2006
Vegas could have put together a fairly competent team, but I think they outsmarted themselves trying to make protection deals instead of picking up players that are good now.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Vegas could have put together a fairly competent team, but I think they outsmarted themselves trying to make protection deals instead of picking up players that are good now.

I'm not sure if im a fan of them making the deals to let Ana/Min keep Manson/Vatanen/Dumba/Scandella because I can't see the return being better than the player.

In general though, this team is gonna be built through the draft. Guys like Dumba and Manson are good enough though to be flipped or kept.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
did they honestly say "prestigious list of 1st overalls" and "yakopov' in the same breath?

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Is this our GDT? Why did SN just hype the actual draft for the last half hour instead panel discussions on Vegas?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The singer's dancing doesn't match his singing rhythm, and it bugs me

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017

If they end up with a half dozen first round picks in the next couple of drafts it would be SO worth it. Those are going to be primo draft picks if the Knights suck for the first couple of seasons. It's a unique opportunity that probably any GM would have taken advantage of.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
It must be so strange to be rocking up there and everyone is sitting on their arse doing nothing

Caesium

Apr 13, 2006
If they end up with a half dozen first round picks in the next couple of drafts it would be SO worth it. Those are going to be primo draft picks if the Knights suck for the first couple of seasons. It's a unique opportunity that probably any GM would have taken advantage of.

Would you rather have the 15th overall pick in the 2017 draft or Strome/Da Haan?

And that trade they made with Minnesota to protect Dumba, I have no words for even trying to rationalize it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad