Post-Game Talk: NHL awards time and Vegas team revelation thread

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Does any award other than the Cup really matter?

Also, posters on these board talk all year about how incompetent the press and broadcasters are and then complain who those same people screw up when picking awards. Shouldn't they be expecting them to screw it up?

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014

Also, posters on these board talk all year about how incompetent the press and broadcasters are and then complain who those same people screw up when picking awards. Shouldn't they be expecting them to screw it up?

For the san jose sharks, even the conference bowls meant. They celebrated on the ice and off the ice all those clarence wins or what was it... some conferense bowl that they won during these years since they won the west. They actually celebrated. :biglaugh:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I know this is not going to be anywhere near the team, but this is what it is today. Better than Vancouver?

Perron - Shipachyov - Neal
Marchessault - Eakin - Smith
Lindberg - Haula - Karlsson
Leipsic - Bellmare - Carrier
Nosek

Methot - Schlemko
Theodore - Miller
Schmidt - TVR
McNabb, Garrison

MAF
Pickard

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Am I alone in thinking that Marshessault won't repeat?

Of course not sire, look at that roster. :laugh:

Marchessault will score maximum 19 goals next season. Maximum like gladiator maximum.

That team won't be scoring goals almost not all. They can only play D-game. That they do well. Also PK is their talent.

BEERnSOUP

Feb 2, 2015
Of course not sire, look at that roster. :laugh:

Marchessault will score maximum 19 goals next season. Maximum like gladiator maximum.

That team won't be scoring goals almost not all. They can only play D-game. That they do well. Also PK is their talent.

Honestly.... that d-core isn't as great as I was expecting to be honest. Maybe I'm just being ignorant of some players I'm not as familiar with.

I think Vegas should have passed on the minnesota deal and grabbed one of their dmen.

edit: and yes, I think it will be difficult to repeat for march... still he's cheap as hell.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Honestly.... that d-core isn't as great as I was expecting to be honest. Maybe I'm just being ignorant of some players I'm not as familiar with.

I think Vegas should have passed on the minnesota deal and grabbed one of their dmen.
Definitely. Who leaves Vatanen and Dumba there when they had the chance to grab TWO those youngsers!! These are young elite players who can shoot and move themselves and the puck :biglaugh:
Vegas opted to take picks and poor players with fine D-skills. Now they don't have moving d-men at all almost nore great puckhandlers like dumba and rally vatanen.

The Mistake is huge and made. This team could be better if dumba and vatanen would be there. Haula is a player who is repleacable for surely. Dumba and vatanen are NOT. NOT NOT NOT. Period. I will win many moneys because of vegas poor bad awful stoner team next year. I bet money and invest against these fool dorkios.

BEERnSOUP

Feb 2, 2015
Definitely. Who leaves Vatanen and Dumba there when they had the chance to grab TWO those youngsers!! These are young elite players who can shoot and move themselves and the puck :biglaugh:
Vegas opted to take picks and poor players with fine D-skills. Now they don't have moving d-men at all almost nore great puckhandlers like dumba and rally vatanen.

The Mistake is huge and made. This team could be better if dumba and vatanen would be there. Haula is a player who is repleacable for surely. Dumba and vatanen are NOT. NOT NOT NOT. Period. I will win many moneys because of vegas poor bad awful stoner team next year. I bet money and invest against these fool dorkios.

Well the anaheim deal was made prior to their exposed list. Without a deal ahead of time anaheim could have bought out bieksa and traded vatanen. Vegas would have taken a huge risk not taking a that deal and they come away with a good future piece. Muuuch harder to criticize that pick/deal. As much as vatanen or manson seems obvious they were never really an option.

Minnesota to me was backed into a corner much more. They really couldn't have found a way out of exposing one of the two dmen they did as well as staal. They would have had to make 3 deals to teams with extra expansion slots vs just one, also losing 3 important pieces vs 1. Just not feasible. The Minnesota deal was a clear choice over taking guys that had to be made available.

Last edited:

Hunter74

Sep 21, 2004
No wonder McPhee was exiled to the desert. Really missed the boat on this one wow. Paid 500billion to play nice. Ouch.

WadeRedden

Feb 24, 2016

Damn sick take bro

Well the anaheim deal was made prior to their exposed list. Without a deal ahead of time anaheim could have bought out bieksa and traded vatanen. Vegas would have taken a huge risk not taking a that deal and they come away with a good future piece. Muuuch harder to criticize that pick/deal. As much as vatanen or manson seems obvious they were never really an option.

Minnesota to me was backed into a corner much more. They really couldn't have found a way out of exposing one of the two dmen they did as well as staal. They would have had to make 3 deals to teams with extra expansion slots vs just one, also losing 3 important pieces vs 1. Just not feasible. The Minnesota deal was a clear choice over taking guys that had to be made available.

This was never going to happen though. Anaheim is a cheap team* and they already bought out Simon Depres, and apparently they barely got approval for that. I dunno I felt like McPhee should have called their bluff there and even if they didn't get a a good man they would have gotten one of Silf or Rackell

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Hahahaha, work on being better than Matthews 1st kid. Get a grip. I really don't like Eichel. Not a single humble thing about him.
I honestly think he is jealous.

He see's McDavid get drafted 1st overall right before him which was still the right decision. However now McDavid has won a Hart Trophy, Art Ross and Ted Lindsay Award, along with making the playoffs and getting to the Game 7 of the 2nd round.

Plus he had to answer questions about how great Auston Matthews was, see's him go 1st overall, wins the Calder setting Leafs records and American rookie scoring records, plus the Leafs make the playoffs long before the Sabres have had a chance despite starting their rebuild a lot earlier.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
This was never going to happen though. Anaheim is a cheap team* and they already bought out Simon Depres, and apparently they barely got approval for that. I dunno I felt like McPhee should have called their bluff there and even if they didn't get a a good man they would have gotten one of Silf or Rackell

It was pretty much all confirmed that they would have.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
This could have been Vegas D for next season:

Methot - Manson
Schmidt- Dumba
McNabb - Dehaan
Garrison

Would have looked pretty darn good to me.

What have I missed here? I think McPhee had another "I'll give ya Filip Forsberg for Martin Erat" moment here.....

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
This could have been Vegas D for next season:

Methot - Manson
Schmidt- Dumba
McNabb - Dehaan
Garrison

Would have looked pretty darn good to me.

What have I missed here? I think McPhee had another "I'll give ya Filip Forsberg for Martin Erat" moment here.....

No I think his main goal was futures. All he wanted for next season was a team that could be somewhat entertaining.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad