NHL: Around the League 47

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
First RNH, now him? Weird stuff going on.

I’m glad we don’t have anyone to extend right now other than maybe Cat. If you can lock him up for 8 years at a slight discount I’d do that. And yes I realize he’ll be more than Ek and RNH but with the flat cap I wasn’t expecting to see many 8 year deals even for elite players, let alone guys like this.
Agreed

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
First RNH, now him? Weird stuff going on.

I’m glad we don’t have anyone to extend right now other than maybe Cat. If you can lock him up for 8 years at a slight discount I’d do that. And yes I realize he’ll be more than Ek and RNH but with the flat cap I wasn’t expecting to see many 8 year deals even for elite players, let alone guys like this.
Cat is a young forty goal scorer. Eight years no biggie. Good second line centers? Uh, what?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Tampa strikes first. Again.

If they win tonight I’d bet money it’s a sweep.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
2-0 already…. First 10 minutes of game 1 were intense, hard hitting, and fun (as you’d expect) but other than that this series sucks.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Pretty predictable outcome. Aside from Tampa being way more talented, they are also a terrible matchup for Montreal.
I haven't watched much of the series because I figured it would be a snooze fest. If Tampa wins tonight I'll probably turn on game 4 to watch the Cup ceremony and say goodbye to hockey for the summer.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
The cluck has struck midnight in Montreal.

Although a reverse sweep would be amazing.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I am really not a fan of the playoff seeding since its change from the 1-8 format. I’d tweek it so each division winner is guaranteed a spot in the top 4, rather than the top 3. The best teams shouldn’t be playing each other in the first 2 rounds

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
This series is a pretty good example of how flawed advanced stats are.

How so? Tampa has been dominating Montreal in xGF the entire series. Tonight they had a xGF of 59%

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
How so? Tampa has been dominating Montreal in xGF the entire series. Tonight they had a xGF of 59%

Yeah you're right. That's the only advanced stat that people ever cite. :laugh:

Montreal has out CF'd and out FF'd Tampa the entire series.

Tampa got completely dominated in every statistical category in game two.... and won.

The advanced stats in game 1 would tell you it was a pretty competitive game. Tampa had one more HDC. Montreal had more total chances, and more scoring chances. The XGF was relatively close. It was a blowout.

The flaw is readily apparent to anyone that understands hockey. Not all high danger chances are equal. Not all shots are equal. Not all scoring chances are equal.

The shots coming off Tampa sticks are way more dangerous than the shots coming off of the Montreal sticks. Montreal needs twice as many looks as Tampa if they want to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad