NHL: Around the League 47

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Nice story about Mangiapane. Went undrafted in 1st year of eligibility then #166 in 2nd go around the following year..... And the late, great Dale Hawerchup mentored him all the way.

Last edited:

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Gotta wonder how long the league is going to look the other way on Subban and his series of dangerous trips. A series of slew-foots and now this.

P.K. Subban's dirty play may have long term impact on Rangers' Sammy Blais, future lineup
Once again Subban disguises it very well and then acts as the most concerned player on the ice. That is 3 incidents this season alone that I have seen and I am sure there are more. He's the dirtiest guy in the league and always gives the innocent act after.... and will turtle if challenged.

One can't give him the benefit of the doubt any longer. He needs a warning and if it happens again a 2o-game or more suspension.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Anyone who doubts NHL goalies are weird and impossible to evaluate just listen to the Jack Campbell story. His .939 GA is 3rd in the NHL and you could see it coming since a Leaf - at 29 he has, almost overnight, morphed into an elite goalie.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Anyone who doubts NHL goalies are weird and impossible to evaluate just listen to the Jack Campbell story. His .939 GA is 3rd in the NHL and you could see it coming since a Leaf - at 29 he has, almost overnight, morphed into an elite goalie.
And the Leafs will be forced to overpay him, and he’ll regress and they’ll screw themselves yet again.

In other news, the Central is a complete disaster. Best division? Yeah right, try to the worst division.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

He was an elite prospect and then just fell apart. I love seeing him comeback and play well.

Reactions: BobbyJet

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Kind of similar to our own Corey Crawford. 2nd round pick, took until 26 to get a full time job, then became an elite goalie around 28/29.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011

He looks like he plays NHL on Rookie mode sometimes. It’s unreal. I was at his first game against the Hawks in the UC and even then he looked a full 2 strides faster than anyone else on the ice.

McDavid is a remarkable talent. I feel like I don’t appreciate him (or Draisaitl) out of caring mostly about the Hawks. We’re all really lucky to be able to watch these guys play.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
He looks like he plays NHL on Rookie mode sometimes. It’s unreal. I was at his first game against the Hawks in the UC and even then he looked a full 2 strides faster than anyone else on the ice.

McDavid is a remarkable talent. I feel like I don’t appreciate him (or Draisaitl) out of caring mostly about the Hawks. We’re all really lucky to be able to watch these guys play.

He is. He's full speed in 2 strides. I've never seen a more explosive skater. It's absurd, really. I've watched hockey since about 1986, and there has never been a player with his combination of top end skills. Lemieux is the closest comparable, but MCD has better hands and more speed. It's really not not even fair. He makes moves against the best players in the NHL that most NHLers can't pull off in beer league. He's on another level. There has never been a more talented player in the history of the league.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

I feel like I slept on the guy because he's just a guy when he plays the Blackhawks. He's a f***ing titan playing anyone else.

The game has never been faster. He's playing the game two levels above. I used to think that Kane should be playing hockey with guys in a level above the NHL. McDavid is a guy that's playing hockey at a level that Kane is the Adam Gaudette tweener talent.

Special doesn't do it justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad