NHL: Around the League 47

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
He earned it...

Yes. I'm sure a guy who averages 30 points a season will suddenly turn into the guy he was the last 15-20 games, in a contract season.

This is a worse version of the Bickell contract. Give your f***ing head a shake. Sam Bennett sucks. I'll be absolutely SHOCKED if he puts up 40 points next season.

He's been a plus player once in his entire career. That was the last 10 games with Florida, when he was playing for his future... Before that stretch? -67. In roughly five seasons.

lol

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
E7UngNwVIAEfo3.jpg

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Ovie re-signs! Good for him and good for the Caps. Good term and $$$ for both team and the player and they avoided any sort of issue. Something I always appreciated about the Toews and Kane deals as a fan.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Ovie re-signs! Good for him and good for the Caps. Good term and $$$ for both team and the player and they avoided any sort of issue. Something I always appreciated about the Toews and Kane deals as a fan.
I mean the term and dollar amount isn't great moving forward. But I f***ing love Ovie. Happy he's staying stateside.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I mean the term and dollar amount isn't great moving forward. But I f***ing love Ovie. Happy he's staying stateside.

Seems like Ownership loves him and everything he’s done for the franchise so they’re giving him a generous legacy contract while also encouraging him to break the all time goals record as a Capital

Reactions: Muffinalt

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Rumblings Kings are gonna make a push for Saad in free agency.

He'd fit the Kings like a glove.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Yeah its been in the FA GDT thread

With FA we have been posting NHL signings there

Why you having trouble getting to sleep DHF?
I'm used to working 10-15 hour days and sleeping at work. Comfortable travel days flying first class in good hotels are a new kind of hell for me. This all feels... Odd. Not on the clock for another seven hours. I'll be fine.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Doughty wants out of LA per reporter for Kings on NHL Network.

Whoa really? He hinted at that last year I think it was but I never thought he’d actually ask to be traded, and that he was just frustrated. Seems they’re real close to turning it around and have a really promising group of centers. Kind of odd timing but maybe he doesn’t think he has much left in the tank.

With that said I’m not sure I’d touch him and that contract. Not entirely sure how many years off memory are left but I’m guessing a lot.

ozzzie19

May 13, 2015
I like what WPG did in addressing their gaping defensive hole in acquiring Schmidt and Dillon for only a 2nd and two 3rds (and luckily not losing DeMelo in the ED). Those acquisitions are a bit overpaid (hence the low cost) but WPG still has tons of cap space to work with even after acquiring them.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary

Ok now what the hell.

Seattle picks Bayreuther from CBJ, and then few days later the guys signs back with his old team.

Why did they pick him then?! Without any side deals too. Literally anyone wouldve been better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad