NHL: Around the League 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Strome is a legit 2C Florida.... I swear!

Strome for your 2021 first round pick.
Hey I’m a Florida fan: quick Q question. Did he run 4 lines often that were balanced? As of now it looks like we are in a couple of wingers that will give us like 7 wingers who scored 20 last year and we are trying to figure out if our 4th line might be more offensively oriented than usual. (Like Vatrano-Acciari-Hinonstroza as the 4th)

As a fan, our offseason is up in the air: we added good pieces but clearly we have space to add a bigger piece that we need.

The idea of D. Strome is interesting but I am not sure how much sense he makes with Lundell in the wing. Would Weegar work as the main piece back?

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Hey I’m a Florida fan: quick Q question. Did he run 4 lines often that were balanced? As of now it looks like we are in a couple of wingers that will give us like 7 wingers who scored 20 last year and we are trying to figure out if our 4th line might be more offensively oriented than usual. (Like Vatrano-Acciari-Hinonstroza as the 4th)

As a fan, our offseason is up in the air: we added good pieces but clearly we have space to add a bigger piece that we need.

The idea of D. Strome is interesting but I am not sure how much sense he makes with Lundell in the wing. Would Weegar work as the main piece back?
An offensive fourth line? I very much doubt it unless they’re solid defensively. Q likes his grit.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Montreal keeping Gallagher with a big 6.5 & 6 year deal.

So what is going to happen to Danault. Seems cap won't be so open for him.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary

Usually he had a 4th line that was hard matched against the top offensive lines of the other team. He rolled 4 lines this way (quite a lot of ice time for the 4th) but only to have them flip the ice, shut down the other good line and set the table for a good line change. It wasnt in the today's sense of let's roll for offensively capable lines. Although our 4th lines were never scrubs, we had the luxury of having a defensive beast line always, you could maybe say they were like a shutdown 3rs line.

His other three lines balanced a lot, obviously separating Toews and Kane most of the time. In the playoffs he didn't a lot of balancing too.

But Q loves his matchups and he's really good at that style. If he's changing it now to 'let's roll 4 lines without specific matchups/roles in mind', that would be pretty surprising to me. Would be quite the change.

Oh and I'd do Strome for Weegar hell yeah. After bringing in Zadorov we would have to move cap around so I'm not sure it's on the table.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
senators making some moves. dadonov is solid and a good trade asset down the line as well.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
Also no to Weegar for Strome. I like Weegar but we’re set at RD. I know he’s played his offhand with Ekblad, but the value just isn’t there for me.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
There are apparently some rumors of next year having a Canadian division to reduce risk for COVID exposure; and with Canada not letting the Jays play in Canada to not let loads of teams fly in, I'd have to imagine that the endgame goal if that happens would be to possibly have just a strictly in-division season.

If that happens, I guess the only question would be what to do with the 24 American teams. Three divisions of eight teams apiece or four divisions of six teams apiece? And either/or if the season is just in-division for us as well?

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
There are apparently some rumors of next year having a Canadian division to reduce risk for COVID exposure; and with Canada not letting the Jays play in Canada to not let loads of teams fly in, I'd have to imagine that the endgame goal if that happens would be to possibly have just a strictly in-division season.

If that happens, I guess the only question would be what to do with the 24 American teams. Three divisions of eight teams apiece or four divisions of six teams apiece? And either/or if the season is just in-division for us as well?

I believe it’s 3 divisions of 8

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Martin Hanzal makes it official

He has retired

Only thing in his career that sticks out to me was the bitter memory of game 1 OT goal he had vs Hawks in 2012 playoffs

Thought Hawks were going to win that game after Seabrook goal tied it near end of regulation

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
He made Duclair and Domi look great and long term solutions that one season too but both have been so hot n cold since

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
I had read this kid's story before the draft. Wondered who would take him. Friedman's first link doesn't work, but there's a second one in the following post.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I had read this kid's story before the draft. Wondered who would take him. Friedman's first link doesn't work, but there's a second one in the following post.

I read he was 13 when this happened. Should he not be given another chance, since he was just a child at that time? Clearly his parents didn't do their jobs, but he should absolutely be given a 2nd chance, unless it was something very recent while he has been closer to adulthood.

Reactions: Giovi

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
I read he was 13 when this happened. Should he not be given another chance, since he was just a child at that time? Clearly his parents didn't do their jobs, but he should absolutely be given a 2nd chance, unless it was something very recent while he has been closer to adulthood.
I agree he should be given another chance, especially given his age when he did it. But I'm sure teams shied away from him. And I'm sure not all in Arizona's fan base will be enamored with the pick after reading this.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
f*** bullies. 13 years old is plenty old enough to know how wrong what you’re doing is. 7th/8th grade is usually when kids are at their meanest and most cruel. I’m sure most of us knew kids like Miller in school. Whether he’s apologetic or not it’s hard to root for a kid like that to succeed.

Reactions: hawksrule

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
f*** bullies. 13 years old is plenty old enough to know how wrong what you’re doing is. 7th/8th grade is usually when kids are at their meanest and most cruel. I’m sure most of us knew kids like Miller in school. Whether he’s apologetic or not it’s hard to root for a kid like that to succeed.
Doesn’t get the benefit of the doubt but I’m not gonna crucify anybody for who they were as eighth graders.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I wonder how many condemning this kid and demanding he not be given chance to pursue career in hockey are same people who constantly rush to defend violent teen gang members , etc and talk about "2nd chances" , etc

If you believe in "2nd Chances" and "Juvenile Criminal Justice Reform" then you cant then push those to side because you dont like circumstances of what this youth did. If what he did is unforgiveable and he should be punished for life then we really need to do away with juvenile courts and just throw all the kids away as lost causes , Right?

He was terrible and violent kid reading up on what he did. He has his chance to show he is truly changed and if he does anything to show he has not changed his ways and continues this behavior then you can go after him

Last edited:
Reactions: Pertti and Mrfenn92
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad