NHL: Around the League 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
The Leafs are playing to their talent level.

Whether or not that means they can get it done in the playoffs remains to be seen, but it's crazy to look at that lineup and be surprised they're doing well. That lineup would do well in any of the divisions.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
They won’t win anything of significance with that defense.

Probably not.

Though I think their problem is less a matter of talent on the backend (Reilly, Muzzin, Brodie is a good top 3 and Holl has shown well for himself as a solid #4 with the right partner) as it is buy-in from the forward group.

I think they're a pretty good bet to make the conference finals given the competition in their division. Beyond that... which division does the North division play in the conference finals anyway?

Last edited:

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I don't like their odds with Anderson and their forward depth makeup. Will they have enough able and battling bodies especially with so many old guys in their forwards depth makeup.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Probably not.

Though I think their problem is less a matter of talent on the backend (Reilly, Muzzin, Brodie is a good top 3 and Holl has shown well for himself as a solid #4 with the right partner) as it is buy-in from the forward group.

I think they're a pretty good bet to make the conference finals given the competition in their division. Beyond that... which division does the North division play in the conference finals anyway?

What exactly is the playoff format this year for them to make the conference finals?

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
What exactly is the playoff format this year for them to make the conference finals?
1st vs 4th in division, then 2nd round in division of winners. Then I guess points % of each division winner is the order for the conference finals

Reactions: RayP

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
1st vs 4th in division, then 2nd round in division of winners. Then I guess points % of each division winner is the order for the conference finals

Yup. 2 rounds of divisional play then there’s a “Final Four” that gets re-seeded. Which I love. I hope they consider stocking with the Final Four format. Could give us some really cool CF and SCF matchups

Reactions: Muffinalt

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
The Leafs are... good???

I bought low on the Mikhail Grabovski/Clarke MacArthur Leafs so long ago that I've just been conditioned to expect the most spectacular failure imaginable. This year they just look downright competent. It almost makes it less fun to have them as my second team now that they know what they're doing.

Almost.

The Canadian division is disgustingly bad.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Some more confirmation that NHL players actually do read HF. I'm sure coaches do too. People need to remember they were all just like us at one point. Amateur players, childhood players, college players, etc. So the odds of them not browsing the most popular hockey forum in the world... probably slim to none.

Jakub Voracek is calling out hfboards user deadhead
Of course, they do. Where else to get a beat on what die-hard fans think?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
McAvoy lines up Hathaway and then bounces off of him. He's gone to the dressing room.
More worried about that hit Carlo took from...surprise surprise...Tom Wilson - literally skated 20 feet to smash Carlo into the boards...not sure if he hit his head directly but another border line hit from that guy...as I say this I would kill to have Wilson on this team lol...

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
yet another corpse of a coach dragged back behind the bench. what a joke, so sick of these clowns constantly recycled. Only in sports can you get fired so many times, suck so many times that they start to call it experienced and "travelled"...lmao...f*** you Sutter...
Yep. Another retread. Joy.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
More worried about that hit Carlo took from...surprise surprise...Tom Wilson - literally skated 20 feet to smash Carlo into the boards...not sure if he hit his head directly but another border line hit from that guy...as I say this I would kill to have Wilson on this team lol...

And not even a penalty. Refs should be suspended for that.

And screw Wilson. This is a pattern with him and the Caps love it. Garbage.

Reactions: Ladyfan and Giovi

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
upload_2021-3-2_13-57-1-png.402417

Have to imagine they're making calls about Strome.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

Scumbag.

Wouldn't mind at all if someone just ended him. But it never happens to guys like that.

upload_2021-3-2_13-57-1-png.402417

Have to imagine they're making calls about Strome.

Imagine trading your best center and then being like... HEY. We need centers, guys! Idiots.

Reactions: Giovi

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015

Looks like clear head hunting. Wilson even raises his shoulder to hit the guy higher. Hard to believe there was no penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad