NHL: Around the League 44

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Six games, zero points. That obviously doesn't tell the whole story, but it may be smart to send him down to gain strength/experience.
he has been one of their better forwards..his advanced stats are one of the better numbers for forwards on his team..the eye test is he is buzzing around out there but no f***ing puck luck. I can recall at least 4-5 times he either should have had a goal or a player he passed to absolutely muffed an empty net..he has made some bad passes and turnovers here and there, but that happens once he adjusts to the speed of the game...kid is fine, he belongs here, just snake bitten. Stamkos didn't score a goal in his rookie year I believe in his first 7-8 games...kid is fine, keep working hard and he will get rewarded..

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
he has been one of their better forwards..his advanced stats are one of the better numbers for forwards on his team..the eye test is he is buzzing around out there but no ****ing puck luck. I can recall at least 4-5 times he either should have had a goal or a player he passed to absolutely muffed an empty net..he has made some bad passes and turnovers here and there, but that happens once he adjusts to the speed of the game...kid is fine, he belongs here, just snake bitten. Stamkos didn't score a goal in his rookie year I believe in his first 7-8 games...kid is fine, keep working hard and he will get rewarded..
He had a chance yesterday that I still can’t figure out how it didn’t go in. Hughes will be fine.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
My buddy is a Devils fan. Asked him about Hughes yesterday and he said the whole team just looks like crap. Everyone.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Very surprised Dallas looks so bad. Its early, but im not that confident their issues can improve just like that.

Good for us, that WC1 spot is right there for the taking.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
My buddy is a Devils fan. Asked him about Hughes yesterday and he said the whole team just looks like crap. Everyone.

I was stunned Schneider is still starting for them in any capacity. I figured he had to have been bought out, benched, or something.

This year + 2 more at a 6M hit. Ouch. Not to mention $18,000,000 in cash.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I was stunned Schneider is still starting for them in any capacity. I figured he had to have been bought out, benched, or something.

This year + 2 more at a 6M hit. Ouch. Not to mention $18,000,000 in cash.

Seems like coaching and goaltending is doing them in. I’d bet goaltending is having more of an effect on the skaters play than we’d think. Reminds of that 2010-11 Turco Hawks squad. No confidence in your goalie messes everything up

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
The Devils just don't have a good team, don't understand why people thought they would be good this year, their team isn;t much improved from last years team. They added Hughes and Gusev, who are young and green, Simmonds is old and garbage, and Subban doesn't improve them in their own end.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
The Devils just don't have a good team, don't understand why people thought they would be good this year, their team isn;t much improved from last years team. They added Hughes and Gusev, who are young and green, Simmonds is old and garbage, and Subban doesn't improve them in their own end.

I’m not a huge PK fan but to say he doesn’t improve them in their own end compared to who he replaced is absurd.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Not really, Subban is not good at all in his own end. He is at replacement level when it comes to defending.

Yes, I’m sure 3rd pairing defenders on a piss poor team over the last what.... decade??? Are better than Subban.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

I figured NJ to be a helluva lot better this season, especially now that Hall is healthy again. Time will tell if they can put it together so soon but the potential is there. Of course I've been saying the same thing about Oilers for years. :)

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Nothing kills a team quicker than bad goaltending. Schneider's been hot garbage for a while and Backwood has only started 23 games thus far.
yep, they upgraded with Gusev, Subban and Hughes..this team should be far better than they look..I wish they would give Blackwood the long leash even though he got torched..he is the future Schneider is the overpaid past..

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Not really, Subban is not good at all in his own end. He is at replacement level when it comes to defending.

You’re describing Josi, not Subban. Subban is in decline, but has been great in his own end for a long time.

Reactions: d rake

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Hyperbole. How can you say that after watching him in Nashville the last 3 years?
I watched NSH last year, and Subban was bad, there is a reason they traded him just to get out of that contract. Go to the Devils board and see how happy they are with him, he has been garbage this season too. Maybe he can turn it around, he has age on his side, but as of right now he is not an improvement for them.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
No, I am certainly not. Subban is not that good, and has even lost his offense he once had. Josi has always been the better Dman.

He has his weaknesses but to say he’s “not that good” is just clueless.

I personally don’t like him because he pulls a lot of dirty stuff on the ice.

Reactions: b1e9a8r5s

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
No, I am certainly not. Subban is not that good and has even lost his offense he once had. Josi has always been the better Dman.

From the little I have seen of Subban lately I agree. His offence was his big strength entering the league. He still can shoot but defensively he was about average at best - he is dirty and hated on the ice, he draws penalties often by turtling but that's about it. The Weber trade is now looking much better for Habs then it once did.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
From the little I have seen of Subban lately I agree. His offence was his big strength entering the league. He still can shoot but defensively he was about average at best - he is dirty and hated on the ice, he draws penalties often by turtling but that's about it. The Weber trade is now looking much better for Habs then it once did.

He does turtle, all the time, but he doesn’t take many penalties. He hasn’t had 100+ PIM in a season since 2011-12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad