NHL 22 Wishlist

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
EA to lose the NHL rights.
This. A company that actually wants to make a good hockey game would be glorious. Instead hockey fans are stuck with these corporate stock suits farting in their leather chairs, year after year, not even trying to improve the game (because that costs money). They just put a minimal effort into "improving it", keep all the bugs, ignore everything that must be fixed and sell it for a ridiculous price with a new face on the cover.

I've been waiting for a "Be a Pro" mode that isn't a complete joke and worth playing for over half a decade now. I'm still waiting. I might have to start playing NBA games and go over to 2K. And I don't even like basketball games.
The problem is, so far as I know, they don't have exclusive rights to the NHL, isn't that right? There's just simply nobody else making NHL games. So if EA stops, we have nothing.
That would actually be fine with me as things currently are looking.

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
This. A company that actually wants to make a good hockey game would be glorious. Instead hockey fans are stuck with these corporate stock suits farting in their leather chairs, year after year, not even trying to improve the game (because that costs money). They just put a minimal effort into "improving it", keep all the bugs, ignore everything that must be fixed and sell it for a ridiculous price with a new face on the cover.

I've been waiting for a "Be a Pro" mode that isn't a complete joke and worth playing for over half a decade now. I'm still waiting. I might have to start playing NBA games and go over to 2K. And I don't even like basketball games.

That would actually be fine with me as things currently are looking.
If EA stops making NHL games we will have no hockey games because nobody is going to invest the money it would take to create a new game from scratch for the tiny amount of money that could be generated from a hockey game.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Just some basic things I’ve wanted for a decade. Portraits for created players, generic jerseys in portraits (Madden has every player with a white jersey). And give me a real player editor, if you’re never going to do a roster sharing, at least give me the ability to easily edit my own set, including a batch edit feature.

More logos, and the other league logos for creating teams And letting us edit coaches and draft class prospects would be nice too.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
EA to lose the NHL rights.

Haven't played NHL since I was busy with school and work. But I remember it being just flat out awesome from 2007-2012, but noticed in NHL 12 it was still good but also going downhill. I remember playing NHL 15 when my brother bought a PS4 and I just stopped playing.

I think EA needs to go back to those old ways if that's the case and start out from there. NHL 10 really improved a lot by adding the CHL and drafting although you were only playing in the Memorial Cup and getting drafted even if that team never made the Memorial Cup.

But one thing that'd be incredible is in Be a Pro is getting your number retired by some of the teams that you once played for and getting inducted into the HHOF if the credentials are met.

Reactions: skinnyFAT91

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
If EA stops making NHL games we will have no hockey games because nobody is going to invest the money it would take to create a new game from scratch for the tiny amount of money that could be generated from a hockey game.
At this point, I really don't care. If the choice is another EA game or nothing, I'd go with nothing and play something else.

Reactions: skinnyFAT91

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Some sort of free agent frenzy on GM mode, something along the lines of what we had with the phones on old gen draft and trade deadline.

Say you offer a player 5 mil and his agent says "well Toronto offered 5.25" and then you can have a bidding war. Also if your franchise sucks maybe they'll say you'll have to go over the market value if you want them to choose you over a contender. Something like that.

...In other words...common sense?

Yeah, EA doesn't have much.

Wishlist? Let's see:

Give options to micromanage roster. For example, I should be able to select "60/40" or "70/30" for my goaltending selection. In EA Madden franchise you can select those percentages for RB1 and RB2...why should goaltending be any different?

EA is just so bad at free agency. Their algorithm is very basic - escalation. And that's not how the real world works. As @JoVel mentions...include a part about player preferences and taking HOMETOWN discount and/or UPCHARGING to play in an undesired location (i.e., Ottawa - sorry XD ).

NTC and/or NMC should be a part of negotiations because in real life - they're very important and make or break deals.

Allow managers to change lineup playstyle of coaches. Yes, it's the coach, but you're crazy if you think every GM allows coaches complete control over roster management. Let us change *SOME* of the coach strategies. I understand if we have complete control it nullifies the whole point of "coaching", but it's also not completely concrete the way it is now either.

Here's a REAL IDEA. Fantasy sports are HUGE. Allow players to play in ONLINE FRANCHISE mode. Where they can play out SEASONS with their peers. Adds a whole element of fandom and, guess what, to my knowledge it's an inventive idea because no other sports game is doing it. KEEPER LEAGUES ARE REAL !

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Love the idea of ECHL. Maybe even for Be A Pro.
I haven't tried Be A Pro, but they've always sucked to me because your stats don't mean anything if you don't hit "the goals" and sometimes they're so ridiculous. The new NFL is the worst for that.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
The problem is, so far as I know, they don't have exclusive rights to the NHL, isn't that right? There's just simply nobody else making NHL games. So if EA stops, we have nothing.
Yeah 2K stoppped.

However, with the quality of their graphics in NBA - I feel like they could make an NHL game again and have it do pretty well.

2K5 seemed always slightly behind hockey wise in graphics. And then their presentation in hockey games (even as much as font of player's names in game) were always an eyesore... and back then gameplay wasn't enough. These days - especially with the hate on EA lately, I think 2K putting forth something would be great.

NBA gets a TON of hate. But it's not even close to EA levels and 2K is far more predatory with microtransactions, so that proves their game is usually just more fleshed out.

Could you imagine all the legendary teams in 2K? My god it would be great. As someone who doesn't care that much about HUT - their microtransactions wouldn't bother me either lol

I'd take anything at this point though. Even if the gameplay is worse. Give me another option but listen to the fans and I'll support it.

Whiston532

Dec 27, 2010
Edmonton
E. A. Doesn’t. Have. Exclusive. Rights.

If someone wants to make an NHL game they’re welcome to try. Hockey just falls into a spot where it seems like major studios don’t see the $$$ in it to sink money into it, and the smaller studios that feel bold enough to take the chance decide its easier to just make it a non-NHL hockey game.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
Guys, write to the 2K support that you want to have a hockey game from them again. Give them a sign. A game from them, would be the best way to get a better game from EA. WIN WIN for the community

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I want 2K to get back into making NHL console games

Forgive me for being dumb, but I hear everyone asking for roster sharing...what exactly is that?

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Keep expanding be a pro. This year is a big step in the right direction but there’s plenty to fix still.

Most notably, you should be able to negotiate contracts/bonuses/etc and that process should vary depending on if you’re elf/rfa/ufa.

Should also have more options for responses in interviews and conversations. You should really never have just one option, especially one that corners you into a goal or promise.

Also should be able to play whole seasons in the development leagues pre-draft if you want to. Playing in Europe on the big ice was fun.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
If you take a look at NHL 2005. you can see there are real coaches behind the bench. Don't know how the hell they did have license for them 15 years ago and not today.

Regarding topic, I honestly believe this upcoming generation is do or die for the NHL series....
Probably because they had to compete against ESPN 2k

Reactions: jprenkert

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Would love to see NTC/NMC available to help sign/re-sign players. How bout option to withdraw, increase, decrease offer during free agency. Be able to see what other offers are from and what teams offered it, along with interest level. Hate trying to go for a decent guy and having to wait "Days" for them to decide while other players are being signed. Or offering 2-3 guys hoping 1 bites, and nabbing all 3 cause you cant withdraw contract offers.
Would be neat if player trade values change for what team you are offering them to, that way trades are a touch more realistic. Not all players hold the same trade value, somehow have it tied to team needs/wants?

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014

Your right about no rights exclusivity to EA. I still say ban them from making another NHL game. The last 4 games have been the exact same game with gimmicks tossed in that break a dozen other things. It’s been nothing for most of this generation.

NHL 22, pc version, moddable, and have the source code available. Modders can finally make a NHL game worthy of this generation.

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Also the catch up logic in EA is insanely frustrating I love how they say its not a thing, I even proved it.

I played on rookie. Scored 40 goals. They couldn't even get the puck. But on one play, in the third, they s ore one goal, have you not noticed the A.I go god mode in the third for 5 seconds making 30 tape to tape perfect passes and score almost every 3rd period regardless of the score its a joke.

Also, how is it that if I'm flying up the wing with Hall, a third pairing D man can catch me and skate faster? Its stupid. Same issues as every year. They fix a few things and call it a game but there is so much more to fix.

In the corners hoe do you even win a puck battle? I stick lift them and I get stick lifted, even if we fight 3 times they come out with it 99% of the time. What a joke.

Another thing, I have videos of all this stuff too, how is it I can completely LEVEL a guy and skate to the puck but by the time I get there he is already up and ahead of me grabbing the puck that is IMPOSSIBLE EA.

Also the nudging my God guys the nudging they simply touch me and I'm 50% slower, you hit them and they go FASTER.

It's deep in the game how it is broken, we need a complete tear down, overalls have to mean something you can't be having 79s giving an issue to 89s in speed. Its a joke.

Anyways end rant I could go on for days, I love hockey so I buy it every year but they really give zero *****.

All of that. Fixed would be nice.

No trade clauses, modified no trade clauses, submit list of teams.

I cannot state this enough...OVERALLS THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. Stop with this 75 defenseman catching a 90 overall forward.

Gm connected online.

Stop making the computer god, 95% passing? Score 4 goals on 6 shots? It's a joke. Its not fun if its not earned and this is your hilariously underwhelming way to make the game "competitive". Also the HUT prices if you want to buy cards are INSANE. Should be ashamed asking for so much.

Stop being punished for laying someone out, you lay someone out doesn't matter 95% of the time the puck magically goes to another person on their team without a pass, if you hit someone in almost mid shot its over 50% of the time a goal, you get punished for being aggressive and thats not how it should be thats just a different way to play the game none better than the other.

Anyways end rant.

unknownbrother

Apr 1, 2015
UK
Do free agency like they do in NBA 2K, show us meeting with the player.

Shouldn't be too hard to do because FIFA has this for transfers. You speak to someone from the other club and when a fee is agreed you then get to negotiate the players terms with them and their agent in your office.

jocke7

Jan 24, 2019
Stockholm, Sweden
Roster sharing
Goalie mask creator
More vintage equipment
No helmet option
Vintage goalie masks or no mask option for created goalies
More vintage jerseys
Revamped Create a team mode (including ability to import logos, vintage arenas, minor league arenas etc)
"None" option for play by play name
New menus (PS2 generation had the best NHL menus IMO. Much more alive and colorful than current and last gen).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad