NHL 22 Wishlist

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Here's a REAL IDEA. Fantasy sports are HUGE. Allow players to play in ONLINE FRANCHISE mode. Where they can play out SEASONS with their peers. Adds a whole element of fandom and, guess what, to my knowledge it's an inventive idea because no other sports game is doing it. KEEPER LEAGUES ARE REAL !

They had this already and then removed it, GM Connected.

Reactions: TheGreatOne11

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I would love a mode similar to the MLB's march to October. A faster version of Franchise mode where you play the action parts of the season. Win the big game against a division rival and your team has more momentum heading into the next sim segment.

This would be pretty incredible.

Reactions: Burkeocet

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
i think the biggest problem with the rating system is it doesn't really weigh out what each player does well and does not do well. every category seems to be weighted equally just to get players to a certain overall.

Na, there's definitely a lot of weight in checking, strength and def. awareness.
It makes it harder for players like Gaudreau and Kane to have a deserving overall rating with being realistic in those categories. And boosts players like Chara too much.

FWIW, Tougie says he based on the conversations he’s had, as apart of the game changer program, the creation suite and ratings are being overhauled in next gen. Doesn’t know if it’ll be NHL22 but said he believes that’s apart of next gen.

Said poise for sure will be coming out

spfan

May 4, 2009
FWIW, Tougie says he based on the conversations he’s had, as apart of the game changer program, the creation suite and ratings are being overhauled in next gen. Doesn’t know if it’ll be NHL22 but said he believes that’s apart of next gen.

Said poise for sure will be coming out

I like poise cause it has weight to the overall and doesn't really change how they play though. It helps boosts those smaller, skilled players for sure cause as I previously said, their system helps bigger, physical players more.

Anders Cain

Formerly JordoMack
Jul 7, 2018
Nova Scotia
Roster Sharing
Better Roster creation
Historic teams
Historic Games (I.e play in the first NHL Game, score the winning goal as Bobby Orr, score as Hasek etc)
Revamped Be-a-Pro

They had something like that a few games ago didnt they? Not historic per say but big moments in the past season, or something. I enjoyed the hell out of that, I would enjoy the HELL out of it if it were historic.

Sep 19, 2008
- roster sharing

- gm connected

- quicker transition loading times in franchise. Not sure how they still haven't fixed this. This has been an issue for 5 years :laugh:

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
They had something like that a few games ago didnt they? Not historic per say but big moments in the past season, or something. I enjoyed the hell out of that, I would enjoy the HELL out of it if it were historic.

Yeah, it was things like "Come from behind to beat x"

Putting in Historic moments would make it better. How cool would it be to score as Orr in that moment?

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
An overhaul or a major update to the game engine. It's time.

"Historic teams and moments" sounds exactly like the kind of crap that they'll pass off as next year's great big next-gen innovation, though

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
Some things they could insert into BAP to make it more authentic:

-More player interactions throughout the league would be nice. Meeting other stars like Crosby/McDavid/Matthews when you play against them; maybe based on interactions with them you could form rivalries or become future teammates too. I'm pretty sure 2k does this.

-They could add privileges to being captain like having team meetings or being able to request stuff from your teammates. Maybe you could request stuff from management like suggesting they trade for players or make changes to their linemates.

-Your overall/acheivements/status need to mean more in free agency. A star player should be able to negotiate the length of their contract instead of only being offered 1 or 2 years (management likeness and stats can play a role along with cap space); franchise mode basically does this so it would make sense. You should be able to receive more offers from teams also.

-If they could bring back the skills competition and all star game, that'd be great for BAP. 2k5 had it and it was pretty cool.

-Might as well throw in the world cup every 4 years (tbh even an annual one would be cool) if they're gonna have all the international teams there. It could add to the legacy meter.

-It'd be cool to have team practice too, you could build team chemistry and boost your stats with drills like Madden (I'm not saying replace the training with it though).

Reactions: Nakunako

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
GM connected mode. Have an option not to play a full 82 game schedule because let's be honest here 10-30 guys in a league playing 82 full games would be next to impossible unless you can really commit, so even a 20 game season with adjusted stats for 82 games would be AMAZING.

GM mode offline- Make it a big deal to be coach and GM, be offered the position to be GM and or coach for your chosen country. I.e taking Canada to the Olympics or world cup. Making the rosters. Playing the games. Have some weight to it.

Manage your contract in the NHL as coach and or GM. Have people try to steal you, leave if you want to go to another team but add weight to it all.

First day free agency and trade deadline

They did some new stuff, its decent but its slow, show the action of it all competing with other teams to try and woo the players with ideas like. Older guy a last chance at a cup run, tell him you're better qualified to win one than the other guys.

A serious SERIOUS revamp of game play mechanics, the one timer cross crease should not be the goal 80% of the time. You should be rewarded for good shots, I take them sometimes in the slot open after a gorgeous play and miss the net 50% of the time.

Skills competition for fun, but rookie camps even put kids through the paces to see fastest skater and drills to determine or help determine who your best rookies are in camp, but have weight to these things not just for fun. If a rookie truly impresses give him a stat bump for a few games to see if he can fit into the NHL, if he keeps producing his stats stay up, if he fails they fall back down.

Just some ideas.

joshik

In Duchene we believe
Jul 1, 2017
Czech Republic
1.Creating own leagues (like you can add ncaa and khl)
2.Roster sharing
3.Nmc and so on
4.Trades in expansion draft
5.Option to turn off created players in first round of draft in first few years
6.draft after expansion draft overrides rosters before draft
7.custom expansion protection lista
8.echl in franchise
9.online franchise
10.better free agency with players requirements like he dont like some teams and money not always winning, interviews that effect player choice
11.same engine as fifa
12.ncaa when is it now possible
13.better players ai and more diversity in playstyles
14.atributes effect more gameplay
15.even more choices in be a pro
16. Player face from model if they dont have
17.trade values
18.more involvment in prospect development (choosing league, speciality, maybe training, competions)
19. Possibility to switch team in franchise mode
20.more in depth franchise mode like fhm 6

Last edited:

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
1.Creating own leagues (like you can add ncaa and khl)
2.Roster sharing
3.Nmc and so on
4.Trades in expansion draft
5.Option to turn off created players in first round of draft in first few years
6.draft after expansion draft overrides rosters before draft
7.custom expansion protection lista
8.echl in franchise
9.online franchise
10.better free agency with players requirements like he dont like some teams and money not always winning, interviews that effect player choice
11.same engine as fifa
12.ncaa when is it now possible
13.better players ai and more diversity in playstyles
14.atributes effect more gameplay
15.even more choices in be a pro
16. Player face from model if they dont have
17.trade values
18.more involvment in prospect development (choosing league, speciality, maybe training, competions)
19. Possibility to switch team in franchise mode
20.more in depth franchise mode like fhm 6
Even a fraction of this list would make the game so much better

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
New game engine.

Double/triple checking of all player stats, ie Ottawa's Colin White has played 4 years in the NHL now and only has to his personal stats, 1 career playoff game back in 2016/2017. This has been a constant issue since the guy was eligible to be put in the game, I;m not even a Sens fan or even care about them in general and even I'm fed up with seeing this every year.

Double check players mugshots, at launch day American goaltender Keith Kinkaid had Swedish forward Joel Lundqvist file photo, I'm not making this up. Though I see how you can mix them up, they both uhh, umm.. have hair and beards, thus look virtual identical!

Find a new sports scouting team to get overalls from, in no dimension/universe should Jack Johnson have a higher overall rating then John Mario, nor should Nickals Backstrom be a faster skater in both speed and acceleration then Bryan Rust and Brendon Tanev, Backstrom is a great player and all yes, but he isnt nor was he ever a burner.

Bring back the breakable glass from misaimed booming slapshots or huge checks, why the hell was this even removed twice?

Instead of randomly assigned double minors that happen VERY rarely but do occur, have a player fall to to ice clutching his face, have a cut scene pop up were the ref is checking a player, and have the ref hold up four fingers, if you won't show blood, use this as a work-a-round.

Since they reached an agreement with DaveArt, update the goalie masks, have either the fully licensed masks, or in the case of a Cam Talbot who has the Ghostbusters logo, or Tristen Jarry who has Tom and Jerry on his mask, both registered trademarks, have newer more creative masks. Or even a create a mask feature, have something like all the team logos, a few stock images for goalie prospects/ BAP/Franchise, that would be awesome, I'd say add an alphabet and numbering feature for a goalies nick name but the immature/wannabe edgy tween-teenage/ racist crowd would kill this by putting a bear on it, "Mo" on one side, "Lester" on the other with "69" printed on the chin, so this will never happen. Because "HUUUUUUUURRRR DUUUUUUUUUUUR PEDO BEAR!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111 "MO LESTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111111," 69!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111 I'M SO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!111111111111111

Fully licensed head/ assistant/ goalie coaches in the NHL/AHL would be nice.

ECHL in franchise/some type of loaning to Europe system so I dont have to carry 4-6 frigging goalies on my AHL team.

New equipment, most of this stuff skater and goalie alike is long since retired, who even uses KOHO goalie stuff anymore? Is Warrior goalie equipment even a thing? Majority of the goal sticks are long since retired/ discounted also.

Build on Be a Pro.

I could care either way about the All Star Weekend, I don't even watch the thing in real life.

Reactions: ManWithNoName

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York
Love the idea of ECHL. Maybe even for Be A Pro.
I agree, but as it stands, you can’t even be sent down to the AHL in be a pro so that would at least be a good start. I made an enforcer and tanked every single game..still drafted in the first round and can’t ever get sent down.

Everyone has touched on improvements to BaP and BaGM, but here’s a few for EASHL:

- Some new logos. Been the same for years
- Ability to customize AHL logos..not sure if there’s a licensing thing preventing this or what, but you can customize ECHL..
- The club playoff thing is dumb. Scrap that and start over
- Ability to purchase gear that you actually want using XP or something instead of opening these stupid shitty bags and getting 6 pairs of plaid skates and a Team China stick
- Ability to save presets while customizing EASHL uniforms. I have to manually edit my team’s equipment and goalie equipment each time instead of just applying a preset. If you can “apply team colors”, not sure why we can’t do this

Reactions: Flamesfan62

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
A couple smaller, more obscure ones I thought of the past couple days

Don't believe they have group 6 ufas (25+ types who haven't played a certain amount of games). It's a more complex form of free agency I admittedly don't always fully understand but it would create further player movement (not to mention you can occasionally find useful depth this way)

If EA is concerned it's too complicated for your average user, simply have a prompt that says something to the effect of "Player(s) X will qualify for Group VI free agency next summer if they don't play x amount of games" before the final season of their contract. Or have it that it can be turned off.

The other thought I had was expanded rosters during training camp/preseason. Let's you see what you have, but more than that, you should have to send eligible players through waivers at the beginning of the season. Again, creates more player movement and potentially allows teams to scoop up depth. This also could be an option a player can turn off if they don't want to lose serviceable depth players for nothing :laugh:

Just a few ideas to add some realism and depth to the game.... :dunno:

vandymeer13

Feb 8, 2017
Iowa
I know fighting in hockey isn't as relevant, but a upgrade would be greatly appreciated. Same shit for 15 years. I remember a 2k game where you could skate around and a lot of different controls while fighting with using right or left hands and grabbing with either hand. And then on the way to the box you could skate where ever for a bit and the linesman would take you there. Also the music would be the bad boys theme song or keep em separated by offspring it was awesome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad