PB12

Jul 7, 2015
@TheClapperton
We removed contracts and injuries in #NHL21 HUT

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I still can't find squat on Legends upgrades in 21? Anyone hear something about Legends?

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Their "release road map" says that information regarding BaP and Franchise Mode will be released in early October. AKA they want to get as many pre-orders in before they disappoint their consumers on the two modes that people actually care about.

I'm sorry to disappoint you but nobody cares about Be a Pro. Same goes to Franchise mode comparatively to HUT and CHEL. Franchise mode could have been great if they did put more effort though, but you're better off playing EHM

Reactions: sufferer

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
Right, and unless you have a top 1st pick in EA NHL 20 the player will, at best, be a bottom 6/bottom pair contributor. It's just not an accurate algorithm. Which is odd because I thought it was a GOOD system in NHL 18 XD XD XD

I think you're very, very bad at scouting and drafting.

Bust/gem in particular are ridiculously overpowered in 20 and show you exactly who will pan out to their potential.

Drop your nhl scouts, get all amateur.scouts, and you'll find elites every round.

Reactions: jprenkert

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
I'm sorry to disappoint you but nobody cares about Be a Pro. Same goes to Franchise mode comparatively to HUT and CHEL. Franchise mode could have been great if they did put more effort though, but you're better off playing EHM

Seeing as how just about every single "NHL (year)" thread is littered with requests to fix and improve those two modes I find it highly unlikely that no one cares about those two modes.

I think you are confusing "no one plays", with "no one cares" about those modes, but that is only because EA has completely shit the bed with the BAP mode, and their GM modes is barely passable.

If they actually fixed those modes, and improved upon them, tons of people would play it.

Reactions: Torgo and Beville

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
One new thing I noticed in the NHL 21 trailers and gameplay vids, the logo on the front jersey does not bend and flap as though it were made of paper and blowing in the wind. The front logo on the jerseys looks to be more static and defined this year than in years past, making it more realistic. However I could be going crazy.

Dangles78

Oct 14, 2012
Pittsburgh

You're not disappointing me since I don't really play BaP, but it is most certainly a mode that consumers are interested in and have been asking for improvements to. Consumers only care about HUT/CHEL because those are the only modes that EA puts any resources in because it drives their revenue.

It would be nice for EA to put money back into modes that created their fanbase, but as long as they can feast on the younger demographic, I suppose there really is no reason to.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
I would play BAP more often if it was actually good. Played it in 14, and had one going in 18 before i started to play 20. If there was a way to save and port over to the newest year, I think fans might enjoy that more. There was a feature like that on MLB the Show 17, where you save to the cloud then could load into the next years game. Never tried it though.
All I play is franchise. I do not go online and would love to see this mode get more depth as I have state before. For me it feels like NHL 14 with new lipstick.

Reactions: Jysk

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Seeing as how just about every single "NHL (year)" thread is littered with requests to fix and improve those two modes I find it highly unlikely that no one cares about those two modes.

I think you are confusing "no one plays", with "no one cares" about those modes, but that is only because EA has completely shit the bed with the BAP mode, and their GM modes is barely passable.

If they actually fixed those modes, and improved upon them, tons of people would play it.

I do think there's very little interest in BaP.
There's always a lot of requests to Franchise mode and I know there are hardcore guys that only play it. However as you said the mode needs some refinement that they have not been willing to do yet (I consider the changes they do as lateral at best, they don't feel like improvements).

I am honestly surprised they decided to "revamp" be a pro and will give it a try this year

Reactions: Dicdonya

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
I think there could be interest if they decided to make it similar to an RPG. Maybe something where you can get endorsements, and have some type of drama, actual practices/mini games to upgrade abilities/ratings.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Hopefully we get REAL legends, Tyler Frigging Kennedy is hardly a legend.
The Legends from NHL20 were great--we just need additions to them, while keeping them in place. Players like...

Orr
Esposito
Bure
Lindros
LeClair
Harvey
Shore
Zubov
Alfredsson
Mogilny
Fedorov
Palffy
Dryden
Yashin
Bossy
M. Richard
Brodeur
Desjardins
Amonte
Kovalev

... etc. absolutely need to be added.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
I thought the Legends were fine tbh. If they have to include some lower end guys to fill out All Time team rosters that's understandable.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
I've got to give credit where it's due, the new BAP looks good. Not as good as what NBA or Fifa would have, but you can't expect that from a much smaller development team.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Finally they make European leagues playable in Be a Pro. Small change but makes it way more fun for European players starting their career in "their" teams than in the North American leagues.

Has any info been released about any league additions/removals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad