NHL 21 (Part 2)

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I see NHL is on offer on PS Store. Debating if it's worth it for the new season or just wait until next years game.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I see NHL is on offer on PS Store. Debating if it's worth it for the new season or just wait until next years game.
A friend of mine picked it up for half price on black friday. I still don't think it was worth the cost and would keep waiting. But that's just one man's opinion.

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
I have to say it is very fun playing EASHL and constantly outshooting the other team and doubling their time on attack, going into the 3rd with a 2 goal lead and still somehow losing the game.

The rebounds the goalie gives up when you’re leading seem to be super realistic

The 1st week it came out it was good. I was waiting for EA to update it and mess it up and they did. Poke checks that go right back to the guy like it was a yoyo. Stick lifts were perfect and now are a joke. I play LD and the CPU RD is constantly next to me on the left side for no reason when the puck in moving down the right side in the neutral zone.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
If I didn't play eashl with the same two buddies all the time, I wouldn't bother with this piece of garbage. Even then, they completely ruined the playoffs by putting in these club finals that take three weeks to complete.

vegarover

Sep 1, 2015
This has been a problem in Franchise Mode forever, but it drives me nuts how poorly the AI GM's/teams manage their cap and they can't re-sign their star players. So once you get enough years into it there will be a handful of elite players in free agency asking for around $10M but nobody has the cap space to sign them and they don't sign with anybody for the entire year.

Reactions: JustJokinenAround

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
This has been a problem in Franchise Mode forever, but it drives me nuts how poorly the AI GM's/teams manage their cap and they can't re-sign their star players. So once you get enough years into it there will be a handful of elite players in free agency asking for around $10M but nobody has the cap space to sign them and they don't sign with anybody for the entire year.
Not to mention the trades that do get made by AI controlled teams are absolute head scratchers more times than not.

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
If I didn't play eashl with the same two buddies all the time, I wouldn't bother with this piece of garbage. Even then, they completely ruined the playoffs by putting in these club finals that take three weeks to complete.
This might be the worst of it all which is really saying something.

so I play a bunch of games to qualify for a division. Then just play another bunch of games and see if I can go 142-0-1 like the top place team? Lol I’m all set.

I didn’t even like it being monthly. A few years ago they had it weekly which I thought was perfect. Just sit down with the boys Saturday afternoon abd do the playoffs.

ideally they do it like madden does it. Play 82 games (or pick any number really) and then your team is in the playoffs. Just makes it more exciting. I know there’s no chance my team wins 140 out of 141 games so it’s not even worth my time

Reactions: Damisoph and ek93

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Has anybody noticed playing online versus with a buddy, the first game you play, is lopsided in your favor, all your passes connect, you shots go in, your buddy can't do anything, final score 6-1 for you, then you play another game right after and it's the other way around, your players are slower, passes don't connect, goalie stops everything, 7--0 for your buddy, almost like his team got a speed boost?

This has happened quite a few times, I'm wondering if there is some "even-up" thing programmed beneath the online settings to make it so someone doesn't lose a bunch in a row...
Conspiracy!

Or is there a momentum attribute that once it gets going, your players start playing badly, and it's impossible to get back into the game?

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Has anybody noticed playing online versus with a buddy, the first game you play, is lopsided in your favor, all your passes connect, you shots go in, your buddy can't do anything, final score 6-1 for you, then you play another game right after and it's the other way around, your players are slower, passes don't connect, goalie stops everything, 7--0 for your buddy, almost like his team got a speed boost?

This has happened quite a few times, I'm wondering if there is some "even-up" thing programmed beneath the online settings to make it so someone doesn't lose a bunch in a row...
Conspiracy!

Or is there a momentum attribute that once it gets going, your players start playing badly, and it's impossible to get back into the game?

Ice-Tilt! This has been known for years, denied by EA, but we all know it is there. I haven't experienced it much online (too many variables... like the guy might just be better and I don't do rematches), but it definitely exists in local games.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Ice-Tilt! This has been known for years, denied by EA, but we all know it is there. I haven't experienced it much online (too many variables... like the guy might just be better and I don't do rematches), but it definitely exists in local games.
I haven't bought a new EA since like NHL09, but my first 5 or 6 online games in 21 felt like this ice-tilt.

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
Playing a season on Pro and the NYR had a 98.6% pass completion.

Third straight game where the opposition is over 95%. Just not a very good game at all, far too many things like this.

Yet you couldn't help but buy it so you can carry on how much you hate it.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Is there any realistic sliders to this or something that makes this atleast enjoyable?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad