NHL 21 (Part 2)

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Got excellent results in Be A Pro on All-Star difficulty, with all goalie reflexes set to 95 for both teams and pass assist reduced from 30 to 20.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Got excellent results in Be A Pro on All-Star difficulty, with all goalie reflexes set to 95 for both teams and pass assist reduced from 30 to 20.
A few changes I made:
  1. Difficulty adjustment increased to 3
  2. Attributes effect reduced to 4
The rationale is to make it easier to crack the NHL right away (which it usually is for first overall picks) while keeping me with the pack once I become competitive, and preventing me from breaking out too much as my attributes increase. No more blowing past defenders or guaranteed breakaway goals. With the new settings, even in the Memorial Cup, where I was head and shoulders (attribute wise) above the competition, I was just north of a point per game. Scores were usually 3-1 or 4-2.

Note that I play defense. I intercept passes, finish checks only when I’m not left out of position, back check, cover for pinching defensemen and lift sticks in front of the net. If you want a realistic outcome and you want to separate yourself from the competition, it starts with you.

Also: the CPU scores far less if you follow it’s guideline. If the CPU says cover the point, do that, and you won’t get scored on — even if the play ends with an unmarked opponent right in front of your net with the goalie out of position. It’s gimmicky logic, but it is what it is. Just my two cents.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Can you get rid of the pointless conversations in a Be a Pro?

Trying to sim but it comes back every day with pointless journalist or coach convos.

Reactions: Hockey Stick

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
Picked up '21 digital copy for $20.

Could the soundtrack get any worse? It's been bad for awhile but most years I can usually find at least a couple songs that are palatable.

But this year's soundtrack is putrid. It's god-awful. Easily the worst soundtrack from a series known lately for awful soundtracks. Good job EA, you outdid yourselves for once.

ITS BEEN YEEEEEEAAAAARS IN THE MAAAKING....

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Hey now. That Arkells aren't a bad band.

...they just picked the absolute song they could from what they've done

Browntrout

Apr 2, 2018
I recently just started my 3rd season in Franchise. A new issue just started happening. When I get a power play, one of my 4th liners end up out there instead of one of the players I have set in that line. I’ve tried changing them mid game and it doesn’t work. It happens on both PP units. No one is injured and I have no coaches editing the lines automatically.

Anyone have any ideas or a fix?

Last edited:

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I recently just started my 3rd season in Franchise. A new issue just started happening. When I get a power play, one of my 4th liners end up out there instead of one of the players I have set in that line. I’ve tried changing them mid game and it doesn’t work. It happens on both PP units. No one is injured and I have no coaches editing the lines automatically.

Anyone have any ideas or a fix?

I've seen this happen before if the same player is on both units.

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
Alright, let's talk about the f***ing glitch penalty shot goal when playing 3v3 club in EASHL. That could honestly be easily the best game play available but it has no value put into it and is littered with glitches.

Cmon!

ElectricDreamMachine

Nov 5, 2013
Alright, let's talk about the f***ing glitch penalty shot goal when playing 3v3 club in EASHL. That could honestly be easily the best game play available but it has no value put into it and is littered with glitches.

Cmon!

Yeah the whole penalty shot mechanic is by far the biggest reason I've moved on from 3s. They should just replace it with either 3v2 pp or have the penalty taking team play with 0 energy/injured for full 2mins. Or have the option to control the goalie for the duration of the penalty shot like in online versus.

Last edited:

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
I wish in EASHL you could edit the CPUs for each position to match your teams playing style. Like when I'm behind the net with my buddy in the offensive zone I don't want Jeff Lee to come flying down in the corner with us.

For example make a defenseman a defensive defenseman, or change the winger to a power forward, etc.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Can you completely remove the scoreboard/score clock in NHL 21?

You couldn't in NHL 20 and don't want 21 if it has the same massive overlay.

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
Yeah the whole penalty shot mechanic is by far the biggest reason I've moved on from 3s. They should just replace it with either 3v2 pp or have the penalty taking team play with 0 energy/injured for full 2mins. Or have the option to control the goalie for the duration of the penalty shot like in online versus.
I'm not sure how I feel about either of those options tbh. It just seems like to me they should be able to fix a glitch goal, but I always chalk it up to lack of desire by EA to give a flying f***.

I wish in EASHL you could edit the CPUs for each position to match your teams playing style. Like when I'm behind the net with my buddy in the offensive zone I don't want Jeff Lee to come flying down in the corner with us.

For example make a defenseman a defensive defenseman, or change the winger to a power forward, etc.
My buddies and I just don't even mind playing if there's only 2 of us. Not worth it with the computer players. I wish they had 4 on 4 though I tell ya.

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
I know I'm not the best goalie (despite my avatar) but I really don't think it's possible to put up vezina numbers as a goalie on BAP. Even with maxed out goalie stats, 1/6 game speed and 1/10 attributes, my goalie is still lucky to put up .900+. I've been trying to hit .920 since NHL 12 with no luck lol

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
How do I grow a prospects overall? Drafted as a 66 overall low elite center about to enter his D+4 season.

Let him play in his respective league (USA) for his D+1 and he had a great year, only went up from 66 overall to 68 though. Play him in the AHL next season in a middle 6 role with +3 chemistry on his line and he puts up insane numbers for a 68 overall. Had 40+ goals in his first AHL season and only goes up to a 69. Next season he starts in the AHL due to his low overall but after putting up 10 goals in his first 10 games and the NHL team lacking scoring, I call him up and he has another insane season. In 48 NHL games he put up 27 goals and 11 assists. 10 goals in 15 playoff games. End of the season overall was only a 72. Ready to set up my lines for next season, I see he’s still a 72 overall. 22 years old still low elite potential

AHL coach (B) is forward based while my NHL coach (A) is a generalist. Both good teaching. The prospect is already presence in the locker room as well. Going to be annoying if he can’t pan out as I don’t want a 72 overall on my roster going forward playing top 6.

Last edited:

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Every game of Ones...

1 person that is absolutely awful at the game, except they unintentionally play picture perfect defense against me and only me.

1 person that can't really play defense but can dipsy doodle, skate backwards and generally dick around with the puck and waste a ton of time until they see the tiniest top corner opening in the net.

And me, the f***ing sap putting a ton of effort in actually playing defense against both players, trying to beat defending players and not just shooting around them, going to the net with the puck, etc.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->