NHL 2020-2021 season start/schedule

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

Is this the NHL's official response to the letter?

If the league agrees to more testing but want to keep the schedule the same, will the health officials still have issues?

They travel private charters and there won't be any fans. If the government is going to say no can they do it before the 11th hour for once?

Hearing on radio out here (Van) Lebrun is now saying the 7 Canadian teams will start the season playing out of their own buildings. He’s restating what Bill Daly just announced a few minutes ago.

Reactions: Mightygoose

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON

Is this the NHL's official response to the letter?

If the league agrees to more testing but want to keep the schedule the same, will the health officials still have issues?

They travel private charters and there won't be any fans. If the government is going to say no can they do it before the 11th hour for once?

As I posted just before, it looks like a deal has been reached so this is largely moot.

However, I suspect that what Chris Johnston meant in his tweet was that the NHL felt they could reach an agreement with health officials (and it appears they did) without having to change the schedule.

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
If the government is going to say no can they do it before the 11th hour for once?

Complaining about the government's speed here is pretty ridiculous considering the NHL had 3 months since the end of the playoffs to get a proposal together. It's not the Canadian government's fault that Jeremy Jacobs decided to have a hissy fit.

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
LOL, definetely not superior if on an island. Except only 2 third world countries use it in the world, and its not even the imperial system, as gallons are wrong for imperial even, its the only country with their own volume system.
I realize no interest, but everyone in the world had to adjust to it at one time, and if taught young then the next generation is all they know.

Who is the superpower nation again? And who is going teach the next generation the system? There is no absolutely no demand signal to provide this instruction. Not to mention, our measurement system is firmly ingrained in our culture. We aren't going to convert the NFL into meters or an NHL ice surface for the same matter. A football field will still be 100 yards long & an ice rink 200X85 feet. I don't where you come from, but it's abundantly clear you don't understand Americans. We value our sovereignty above all else & don't care what the rest of the world does. We built our society just fine without them. And more often than not, we bailed them out many times over. Scoreboard never lies.

samiam

Oct 4, 2010
Who is the superpower nation again? And who is going teach the next generation the system? There is no absolutely no demand signal to provide this instruction. Not to mention, our measurement system is firmly ingrained in our culture. We aren't going to convert the NFL into meters or an NHL ice surface for the same matter. A football field will still be 100 yards long & an ice rink 200X85 feet. I don't where you come from, but it's abundantly clear you don't understand Americans. We value our sovereignty above all else & don't care what the rest of the world does. We built our society just fine without them. And more often than not, we bailed them out many times over. Scoreboard never lies.

Ignorance is bliss .... I totally get it.

You're responses have done a good job proving this, as well as backing it up.

It seems you may be making a bigger issue of this, than there really is.

All that I asked from the very get go is why you think the "metric system sucks"?

All you've provided up until now is why you prefer your system, with no mention to back-up your statement on why "metric sucks".
I totally your respect your opinion to prefer your own system as it is. I commend your allegiance.
This has nothing to do with though, it as I am not trying to debate which is better.

Again, I'm just simply asking why you feel the "metric system sucks"

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh

All that I asked from the very get go is why you think the "metric system sucks"?

All you've provided up until now is why you prefer your system, with no mention to back-up your statement on why "metric sucks".
I totally your respect your opinion to prefer your own system as it is. I commend your allegiance.
This has nothing to do with though, it as I am not trying to debate which is better.

Bro I live in the US. You probably don’t. I gave you the reasons. Not my fault you can’t accept them. Metric sucks for all the reasons I’ve given you. It’s not in our DNA. And we have no interest in converting ever...

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020

Because it does. And Canada is stuck with that crap because our imbecile PM wanted to get in ahead of the US President and then the US President smartly changed his mind.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Bro I live in the US. You probably don’t. I gave you the reasons. Not my fault you can’t accept them. Metric sucks for all the reasons I’ve given you. It’s not in our DNA. And we have no interest in converting ever...

General Motors says “hello”.

All their vehicles have been manufactured using the metric system of measurement for decades. Primarily out of necessity because many of their vehicles are comprised of parts out of multiple countries that use the metric system so rather than have their US based plants be the oddball they converted them.

So what may “suck” to some people in the US is a way of life just about everywhere else.

I dunno if that’s an island I’d want to be stuck on defending.

Hatfield

Jan 27, 2007
Does anyone know where/when we will be able to sign up for Center Ice (or whatever they call it now)? Got rid of my cable last year, so I’m hoping I can stream through PS4...

Pandemonia

Aug 30, 2020
General Motors says “hello”.

All their vehicles have been manufactured using the metric system of measurement for decades. Primarily out of necessity because many of their vehicles are comprised of parts out of multiple countries that use the metric system so rather than have their US based plants be the oddball they converted them.

So what may “suck” to some people in the US is a way of life just about everywhere else.

I dunno if that’s an island I’d want to be stuck on defending.

Not just GM saying hello. Most of our manufacturing, inc planes, is metric. Our energy grid and all things electric are measured in metric units. All branches of the military are metric. Science is metric, everything from decibels to astronomy to medicine to pharmacy to blood pressure to, my personal favorite, gemstones. Most of the country is going metric but its mostly behind the scenes stuff so as not to scare guys like Edog.

And of course - Everything on Star Trek is metric so we're gonna get there some point in our future.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Been frustrating as some of the team shared calendars have not even added events of game days. Hopefully that will be rectified with game times released. So I can plan better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad